Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2019, 19:45   #6241
BHPian

These would definitely be first copy of the originals. Have been seeing such low prices on Snapdeal for some time now and have stayed away.
Old 25th January 2019, 14:23   #6242
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Has anything changed with Aliexpress? I just got an order delivered within one week!

Standard AE shipping.

Good surprise
Old 25th January 2019, 15:31   #6243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Has anything changed with Aliexpress? I just got an order delivered within one week!

Standard AE shipping.

Good surprise
Similar thing happened with me. Ordered a dashcam, delivered in 8 days.

Ordered another one from the same seller on 21st, already reached India and in the process of customs clearance now.

Pretty quick compared to my previous experiences.
Old 28th January 2019, 20:02   #6244
BHPian

Hi all

Need your help with something.

My Myntra account was hacked (hacker changed the registered phone number, password and shipping address), and unfortunately there was close to Rs.1300 in my myntra credit (from previous returns)

The hacker managed to place 2 orders totaling close to Rs. 1300 on Jan 23rd morning. I only got to know about this malicious order on Jan 23rd night around 11.30 PM when I went through my e-mail before going to bed and saw the order confirmation e-mail and item shipped e-mail. Immediately opened the myntra app but was unable to log in. I reset my password through my e-mail and changed my registered phone number back to my own number.

I contacted Myntra customer care next morning Jan 24th at around 8.30 am. Explained my situation in detail and the reply was that since item was already dispatched, I need to wait till it reaches destination city's delivery center before the order can be cancelled. (the hacker provided an address at Patna, Bihar for the order). he tried to change the phone number in the order to my number, but confirmed he was unable to do so.

I was advised to keep tracking the order till it arrived at the destination city delivery center. I kept checking the tracking info and on 25th Jan it showed an update that it had reached the Patna delivery center. Called Myntra CC immediately and talked with executive for 40 minutes and shared all info and got confirmation that he put in a request to cancel the delivery and request for refund.

On 26th I was busy for the entire day as I was meeting up with friends who came down to my city for the holiday. When I checked my phone in the evening, I had a notification from the myntra app that the order has been delivered!!

I called Myntra CC again today and told entire story again - the executive transferred my call to the escalation desk and I talked with the executive there. Now they are telling me to contact cyber crimes dept. since the order has already been delivered (also got an e-mail now instructing the same).

I asked him how can this order be delivered when I contacted them on 25th and warned them to stop the delivery? To which he replied that my compliant filed on 25th was still showing open status! He told me that this matter will be escalated and I will get a call back in 24 hrs. But I feel that they are going to wash their hands of this one.

Any advice on how I need to proceed from here? If Myntra washes their hands off giving a refund, should I share the details to cyber crimes unit? The financial loss is not great, but if it helps to prevent such crime against another innocent shopper, I am all for it - but will the cyber crimes unit bother to take up a case having a such a small amount of Rs.1300 stolen?

I have saved the details of the hacker including his name, address and phone number (all given for ordering). Also have the entire conversation with Myntra CC recorded on my phone.
Old 1st February 2019, 11:52   #6245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
These would definitely be first copy of the originals. Have been seeing such low prices on Snapdeal for some time now and have stayed away.
You were right, they were horrible quality and were hard to even wear as they were pinching me from inside, initiated a refund and gave snapdeal a sound hearing for selling such dubious items.
Old 1st February 2019, 16:28   #6246
Senior - BHPian

Ordered two items from a seller in Aliexpress. Seller shipped both together. Got only one item.

I try to raise dispute in AE but it keeps saying order has been successfully delivered!

Seller is not responding and I started growing a beard waiting for AE's customer service chat executive to come online.

Any suggestions?
Old 1st February 2019, 16:35   #6247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Similar thing happened with me. <snip>
Pretty quick compared to my previous experiences.
Ditto here, ordered dashcam & got it delivered within 10days. As per earlier experience, it used to take anywhere upper of 30-45 days.

One thing I noticed - one of the SMS showed your "PayTM order is being delivered" --> any link between the Ali baba/express and Paytm guys !?
Maybe they are delivering it thru their local India partner paytm, to avoid customs hassles/delay etc. to customer !?
Old 1st February 2019, 16:40   #6248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
One thing I noticed - one of the SMS showed your "PayTM order is being delivered" --> any link between the Ali baba/express and Paytm guys !?
Maybe they are delivering it thru their local India partner paytm, to avoid customs hassles/delay etc. to customer !?
Ofcourse. AE owns a good chunk of PayTM now. You could say PayTM is pretty much an AE subsidiary in India, because I expect AE to fully acquire PayTM in the future as the investment norms become more relaxed.

So this is very interesting!
Old 5th February 2019, 13:22   #6249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Ordered two items from a seller in Aliexpress. Seller shipped both together. Got only one item.
I try to raise dispute in AE but it keeps saying order has been successfully delivered!
Any suggestions?
There is an option to raise a dispute stating that the order has not been delivered yet. And you can request for the amount of refund. Give full order value and it will be resolved.
Old 5th February 2019, 18:26   #6250
BHPian

Ordered one item from Aliexpress, the payment was successful but the order is still in processing state, it has been 8 days now since the payment was done.

There are two options appearing, one is to extend the processing time and the other is to cancel the order.

I tried reaching out to the seller but no one responded. Wanted to know if I cancel the order, will I get the refund?
Old 5th February 2019, 19:14   #6251

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
I tried reaching out to the seller but no one responded. Wanted to know if I cancel the order, will I get the refund?
Yes, in full. It will ask you to choose a reason for cancelling from a drop-down.
Old 5th February 2019, 19:32   #6252
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered one item from Aliexpress, the payment was successful but the order is still in processing state, it has been 8 days now since the payment was done.
It is Chinese New Year time now. Expect your order to get shipped out only after a week.
Old 6th February 2019, 21:00   #6253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
You were right, they were horrible quality and were hard to even wear as they were pinching me from inside, initiated a refund and gave snapdeal a sound hearing for selling such dubious items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
There is an option to raise a dispute stating that the order has not been delivered yet. And you can request for the amount of refund. Give full order value and it will be resolved.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Yes, in full. It will ask you to choose a reason for cancelling from a drop-down.

Bad times with ALiexpress here during the 11/11 sale
Out of 15 orders I am still waiting (useless now I think) for delivery of 9 of them. All were part of 11/11 sale. It has been more than 2.5 months
Curiously, all "tracked" items have been delivered through india post well on time. They were by China post registered mail and value $5 to $40 and the like.
ALL those through Yanwen, or China post small packet plus are left undelivered yet (except one of them). All below $5.
I enquired post office a couple of times. One of the postman (sheepishly) suggested, there can be malpractices at Chennai main sorting center,
where people might actually lift those un-tracked items !!
Such a sad state of affairs. Thinking if raising a grievance could help at least to do some shake up.
I have for now raised dispute for all of these. Not sure how cooperative will be Alixpress and each of these sellers.
Earlier disputes I had raised in last 2 years (only about 2 or 3) were all fine, so hopeful.
Also so far, all Aliexpress deliveries prior to 11/11/18 were good irrespective of timelines or registered or not.
Old 6th February 2019, 21:22   #6254
Senior - BHPian

Very common to see untrackable parcels sent by Aliexpress stolen from our post offices. Thankfulky the Aliexpress protection is very good and you will get your refund.
Old 6th February 2019, 22:10   #6255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Hi all

My Myntra account was hacked (hacker changed the registered phone number, password and shipping address), and unfortunately there was close to Rs.1300 in my myntra credit (from previous returns)
Someone went to these lengths for 1300 bucks? The only thing you can do is keep following up with Myntra, post a stinker on Twitter - that's the only time they help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks