Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 19:50   #6331
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Anyone order from Ebay UK recently? My payment is getting failed at the OTP verification step. I enter the OTP but payment fails. Tried with India issued Amex, Visa and MasterCard. Any workaround?
Old 7th May 2019, 19:25   #6332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Anyone order from Ebay UK recently? My payment is getting failed at the OTP verification step. I enter the OTP but payment fails. Tried with India issued Amex, Visa and MasterCard. Any workaround?
I had the same problem 2 month ago with Ebay USA. Didn't work with credit or debit cards so finally ordered from amazon.com for a higher price. Tried various combos with PayPal too and it didn't work. Hopefully someone knows what's going on with eBay ?
Old 7th May 2019, 20:07   #6333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Did you try via Paypal, and pay on card ?

My last 2-3 purchases I have initiated via Paypal and then paid on card. Does not ask for OTP this way.
Old 7th May 2019, 21:48   #6334
BANNED

Giving in to the constant adverts on my facebook account, I logged into Snapdeal and ordered a snazzy chinos trousers.
What was delivered was a sorry looking fake denim knee length article of clothing.
I hope I get my money back.

Boodmo:- My experience with them has been very average. Ordered brake shoes - wrong size delivered, ordered oil filter - damaged item supplied.
Delivery time is too long for spare parts...as long as 15 days for a fuel filter.
The app doesn't accept VIN based query and order for Skoda. I hope they improve.
Actually, Flipkart and Amazon have spoilt me with their quick delivery and prompt action for replacement or refund.
Old 7th May 2019, 22:16   #6335
BHPian

I mostly order online from Amazon and am overall satisfied with its service.
Once I ordered a bag (Baggit) for my mother from Tata CliQ and had to wait for almost 1 month to get my Order delivered, that too after several followups. Also, the quality of the bag delivered to us was not up to the mark.
Last year, I ordered 2 pieces of rear suspension plug for my santro xing from Boodmo. After 2 months they supplied one piece. Again after 1 more month they called me up saying that they cannot procure the other part as the item is out of production. I asked for refund, which they gladly agreed to. But after around 8 months I am yet to receive the refund. Overall, a very bad experience with Boodmo.

Last edited by SamitMukherjee : 7th May 2019 at 22:17.
Old 8th May 2019, 00:24   #6336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Did you try via Paypal, and pay on card ?

My last 2-3 purchases I have initiated via Paypal and then paid on card. Does not ask for OTP this way.
Thanks, Paypal worked. I didn't see the option to pay on card via Paypal and the payment required OTP as well, but the order went through. Hope payment doesn't get reversed or cancelled now.
Old 8th May 2019, 10:53   #6337
Senior - BHPian

http://www.eshopdeal.in/product/revo...-triple-black/

I have been seeing this ad pop up online. Prices seem unbelievable even for other products. Anyone have any experience with this ?
Old 20th May 2019, 05:16   #6338
Senior - BHPian

Trying to order something from Ali express for the first time. Its a power cable for my power amp. Are all orders and shipping quotes in USD despite selecting INR as default?
The product is around 45 USD and the default shipping is about 12 USD for 28 to 40 days.
Old 20th May 2019, 11:59   #6339
BHPian

I ordered a Hikvision CCTV kit form Amazon.in for about 25K a couple of months ago and had a bad experience. After a week navigating through various cities the package reached the nearest delivery center and was showing "Out for delivery". By noon status showed that the item is being returned to seller. I contacted Amazon CC and they assured me that they will ensure that the item is delivered to me. Then I fished out the delivery guy's phone number from one of my previous orders and called him. The guy first contented that my pin code is not serviceable. I told him that they had just delivered me a phone (MI A2) a week ago. To which he said that this item is large and they don't have a vehicle to bring it. I asked him to give me the location and I offered to pick it up from their premise. To which he replied that the return has been initiated and I can't pick up now. Long story short, the item went back. I again contacted Amazon CC and they placed a replacement order. I asked him to ship it to my office address to avoid hassles but they said they can't change the address now. He said that they will ensure that it will be delivered at my doorstep and not to go to their premise to pick it up. Again waited for a week, and it reached the delivery center. And now the delivery guy calls me to say that he can't deliver it so if I want I can come over and pick it up. I get pissed and told him I am not going to pick up. He said fine and said he will send it back. A few mins back I get a message that it is being returned. I get mad and contact Amazon CC again. This time I asked them to cancel the order and issue a refund. I then placed a new order (multiple orders, because this time I shifted to IP camera), and shipped to my office address. All items arrived without any hassles.

I did some research on the above issue and came to the following conclusion. The zipcode in my address (xxx582) was changed to (xxx301) without my knowledge by some back-end process or Amazon employee. In fact in my address book it still shows 582 but once I proceed to shipping it changes to 301. So the items were going to a different delivery center north of my place while the old one was on the south side. Funny thing is their new center delivered packages to my address without any complaint until they encountered a "large" package.

I later created a new address in my amazon address book with slightly altered format and retained my 582 pin code. Now deliveries happen from the old (south side) delivery center.
Old 20th May 2019, 19:00   #6340
Distinguished - BHPian

Talk of bad experiences from Amazon. Ordered a phone some 15 days back and paid upfront. The phone never left the amazon warehouse! It was never shipped despite being a 'fulfilled by amazon' product.

In the meanwhile, I contacted customer care thrice to expedite my order and all 3 times, they had a different story to tell. First time, the customer care tells me that my order is cancelled and a refund has been initiated. Though, it was never informed to me by Amazon. I waited for the refund, but that didn't happen. Then I contacted them again and this time they told that my order is still on and I shall get the phone in time. I hoped that way.
Third time, I contacted them on the final day of delivery and this time they tell me that product has not been shipped and I should cancel the order. Pissed off by them, I told the executive to cancel my order and issue me a refund. She told me that she would. But that again didn't happen. Finally, I had to cancel the order next day and a refund was issued to me a couple of days thereafter. All this hoopla went over for 11 days.
Old 21st May 2019, 13:37   #6341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
T..the customer care tells me that my order is cancelled..

Has happened with me twice over the last 1 1/2 months, though on a new login I created for family to use. FBA orders get auto cancelled. One has to follow up with the CC to get the refund. The CC is also adamant, say that one should goto my messages to check for auto cancellations. Latest was they refused to refund the order for a broken milkmaid. This is so not amazon.

Different experience on my main login though. Ordered a camera which came with a free backpack. Didn't get the back pack with camera. CC solution was to send everything back so they can send the camera + backpack . But, they offered an option for me to buy the backpack and have it refunded after delivery. Worked out smooth.

Wonder if the CC is based on the order values or historical order values.
Old 21st May 2019, 14:07   #6342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Wonder if the CC is based on the order values or historical order values.
Strange! I've never faced any issues with amazon either in delivery or in returns. I receive most items before time. Once an item (UPS) appeared damaged on receipt. They gave me a new one no questions asked and asked me to keep the damaged one which while rattling inside worked perfectly.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have 100+ orders in every calendar year since they opened shop in India . At least my personal experience is that their service is second to none! As usual YMMV.
Old 21st May 2019, 15:03   #6343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Strange! I've never faced any issues with amazon either in delivery or in returns. ...
My experience has been good too, excepting the reasons for many of the returns. That a couple of times the reason has been that I ordered the wrong thing, or that I changed my mind, is extra good: returns due to received broken, or evidence of not actually being new and unused is not so good, and certainly an issue, but one Amazon has always satisfied.

Well, reignofchaos, we are the lucky ones! I don't doubt the stories of bad experiences. I hope they remain a small minority.

Yesterday, I received an order from Amazon at 6.30pm that I had placed in the early hours of the same day! But here's an oddity of their system: I could have paid Rs50 to have it delivered the next day instead of free Prime delivery the same day!
Old 21st May 2019, 15:09   #6344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Strange! I've never faced any issues with amazon either in delivery or in returns....Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have 100+ orders..

Precisely my point.

The regular login I have has been used on amazon.com from 2009, and very regularly on the amazon.in since its inception. Never faced issues here.

The issues have been only with the new login I created in March for folks to order stuff from Pantry and other FBA items instead of having me place the order every time.
Old 21st May 2019, 16:03   #6345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Precisely my point.

The regular login I have has been used on amazon.com from 2009, and very regularly on the amazon.in since its inception. Never faced issues here.
Same here.
I have been using amazon since... i don't remember it to be honest. My order history shows the items from 2013, but I think that I have used it before as well.
So far my total order count (since 2013) is more than 600 and never ever (yes not even once), i had to face issues with the delivery. In fact, I am having such a pleasant experience with Amazon that I could return and get the refund, even for those items which are marked as 'replacement only or not-returnable'. I just need to send an email to their CC with my justification and that's it, and I can safely assume that the issue will be resolved within couple of days. No follow ups are required.

Most Viewed