Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2019, 12:54   #6361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Seniority.in sent me a used and damaged infrared thermometer. So at the moment, I trust only Amazon.
Buying from Amazon is one thing, but when buying such equipment better trust established brands like Fluke etc whose products are much more reliable, accurate and robust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Atulsian. How does the payment work ? If I select 30 days or 90 days access - does the site automatically charge my card at the end of this period ?

If you are paying in foreign currencies through a foreign payment gateway, then they have the authority to bill you when they need. You will only be authorizing the transaction initially. After that, they can continue charging until you end the subscription. Only if you pay via an Indian gateway with OTP authentication, it is not possible to automatically renew subscriptions, though it is picking up in India these days as well.
Old 27th June 2019, 13:11   #6362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you are paying in foreign currencies through a foreign payment gateway, then they have the authority to bill you when they need. You will only be authorizing the transaction initially. After that, they can continue charging until you end the subscription.
Yes, have seen the regular billing done in this manner. The sites that @atulsian has mentioned (and others) also use Paypal. I did send a mail to one of the sites asking about that but no response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
They don't charge it automatically. You can renew after your access is expired, if you wish to.
How are you paying - esp considering the practice that audioholic has mentioned ? The site you mentioned says that if we stop using, then subscription will end.
Old 27th June 2019, 14:34   #6363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes, have seen the regular billing done in this manner. The sites that @atulsian has mentioned (and others) also use Paypal. I did send a mail to one of the sites asking about that but no response.

How are you paying - esp considering the practice that audioholic has mentioned ? The site you mentioned says that if we stop using, then subscription will end.
I pay using my card directly on the site or purchase it through authorized re sellers in India and they charge you only for the period you have selected (30/90 or more days). I use real-debrid and I pay 16 euro for 6 months and I'm using this site from a very long time. These sites are not subscription based.

No Affiliation to any of the website mentioned in my posts.

Last edited by atulsian : 27th June 2019 at 14:46.
Old 30th June 2019, 20:02   #6364
BHPian

Aliexpress sellers ship via Gati in some cases, my recent order reached hands 4 days flat from Shanghai, that too shipping was free! Unfortunately, as I see the customer has no option to choose Gati as a logistics provider while placing order.
Old 15th July 2019, 10:27   #6365
BHPian

Quote:
BENGALURU: Courier terminals at Bengaluru and Delhi have stopped clearing parcels being shipped through the ‘gift’ route, roughly six months after Mumbai Customs took similar action, stopping the flow of e-commerce shipments from Southeast Asia and China which were being wrongly declared as ‘gifts’ to evade duties.
Did anyone from Bengaluru/Delhi face issues with AliExpress parcels in the last 2 weeks? If no law is passed as of now, is it not illegal to retain the parcels for no other reason?

Source
Old 15th July 2019, 10:35   #6366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Did anyone from Bengaluru/Delhi face issues with AliExpress parcels in the last 2 weeks? If no law is passed as of now, is it not illegal to retain the parcels for no other reason?

Source
Oh! Didn't know about this. I have been ordering small amount items (marked as gift) from AE since so many years and never had my items missed the delivery. But, last could of shipments were not delivered and I had to raise the dispute to get the refund. Now, i know the reason :(
Old 20th July 2019, 20:54   #6367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Oh! Didn't know about this. I have been ordering small amount items (marked as gift) from AE since so many years and never had my items missed the delivery. But, last could of shipments were not delivered and I had to raise the dispute to get the refund. Now, i know the reason :(
I hadn't ordered from AE since the last 3 months. I saw this article after an item from a recent order was shipped. I have no hopes of getting that item now :|
I still wonder if it is legal to retain an item citing a law that doesn't exist.
Old 21st July 2019, 14:57   #6368
BHPian

Does routing the shipping out of locations other than China ( like Russia / Australia) help with custom scrutiny?
Old 21st July 2019, 15:05   #6369
Distinguished - BHPian

I just had an Amazon supplier cancel an order due to unfavourable (or something like that) conditions in India. I realised this would have come from China.

Until reading posts here I had no idea about this problem
Old 21st July 2019, 20:22   #6370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I just had an Amazon supplier cancel an order due to unfavourable (or something like that) conditions in India. I realised this would have come from China.

Until reading posts here I had no idea about this problem
I don't know how far this is true; but I did receive 2 items from AliExpress about 2-3 weeks back here, without any issues. One other item of less than $15 is on the way.
Old 22nd July 2019, 20:10   #6371
BHPian

I have purchased a lot of items from Aliexpress without issues. In the past month I bought 3 items from Bangood. The first one was delivered in 8 days from China. It cleared customs in one day. A second identical shipment (worth Rs 1400) was held up at customs for around 3 weeks. Another one worth Rs 15,000 arrived in about 12 days after clearing customs in one day. Rs. 4200 customs duty was collected by India Post for it. So it seems like Indian customs are making it harder to import lower value duty free items by at least delaying them. Reading various forums, thousands of Indian buyers are facing this same delay at customs. I received an email from Bangood apologising for customs delay as well.

Last edited by Lobogris : 22nd July 2019 at 20:11.
Old 25th July 2019, 11:23   #6372
BHPian

I got a package delivered today from AliExpress that was marked as gift by the seller. I have to remember to mention in order comments not to mark packages as gift considering the change of rule by our Indian government.
Old 25th July 2019, 12:25   #6373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I have purchased a lot of items from Aliexpress without issues. In the past month I bought 3 items from Bangood. The first one was delivered in 8 days from China. It cleared customs in one day. A second identical shipment (worth Rs 1400) was held up at customs for around 3 weeks. Another one worth Rs 15,000 arrived in about 12 days after clearing customs in one day. Rs. 4200 customs duty was collected by India Post for it. So it seems like Indian customs are making it harder to import lower value duty free items by at least delaying them. Reading various forums, thousands of Indian buyers are facing this same delay at customs. I received an email from Bangood apologising for customs delay as well.
Banggood provides tariff insurance on most items these days. It says, in case any duty or customs is levied, it will be refunded. Was your parcel not covered under that? I recently bought a TPMS from Banggood and it arrived without any duties but took about a month.
Old 25th July 2019, 13:41   #6374
BHPian

Something is going on for sure.
4 orders from Aliexpress, 2 through Yanwen and 2 through China Post Registered Post.
The 1st order 24/6/19, through China Post Registered Mail is awaited. Tracking is stuck at 'Shipment accepted by Airlines'.
2nd one by China Registered Post ordered on 4/7/19, was delivered yesterday and the 3rd one by Yanwen Economic mail ordered on 2/7/19 was delivered day before yesterday.
4th by Yanwen is awaited and so is the 1st one.

All 'cheerkut' items like Phone Cases and Kitchen items below 5 USD.
Old 25th July 2019, 14:15   #6375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
It says, in case any duty or customs is levied, it will be refunded.
Does banggood refund if the item is stuck at customs and not delivered. Aliexpress dispute management ruled against me for an order that was held by customs and never delivered to me stating it is buyer responsibility to get it released from customs. That was a first for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks