Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 12:23   #631
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Now if he reships his item, it mostly will not come before 7th August. So I am wondering if the order never arrives or a wrong item arrives again - will I be able to dispute if it arrives say on 10th August?
With e-Bay, there is one simple rule. Listen only to the dates and procedures that e-Bay tells you. If it tells you that you will receive the order by 7/8 and to file a Paisapay dispute if you don't, you SHOULD do so. Sellers will call or email with a million different stories - you can hear them out, but always follow e-Bay's procedures.

If you receive the shipment before 7/8 and it is not what you ordered - then I advise you do this (I had this scenario recently):

- Take a screenshot of the e-Bay page that shows what you ordered (it will have a picture of the item also, right?)
- Take a photograph of the item that reached you (what you saw after opening the package)

Then file a Paisapay dispute. You can wait till the last day, but best if you act quickly.

Last edited by binand : 4th August 2013 at 12:25.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:31   #632
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

If you receive the shipment before 7/8 and it is not what you ordered - then I advise you do this (I had this scenario recently):
Can I refuse accepting the courier - i.e. if I know it's not the item I ordered.
Old 4th August 2013, 13:11   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Can I refuse accepting the courier - i.e. if I know it's not the item I ordered.
How do you know it is not the item you ordered? :-)

Suppose you do that - the seller can go crying to e-Bay, who can then ban you as a buyer. At the very least, you might get a bad buyer rating that would make other sellers wary of dealing with you.

This is what e-Bay says:

(quote from an e-Bay email)
The item "ABCDE" (NNNNN) has been delivered to you on DD-Mmm-YY.

If you have received the item, but it is not as described during the purchase, please visit the PaisaPay Resolution Centre.We thank you for shopping with eBay and hope to see you back soon.

Repeat - listen to e-Bay, not to the seller.
Old 4th August 2013, 13:55   #634
BHPian

I have extensively shopped with flipkart , myntra, jabong, watchkart, bestylish.
Myntra - less options , but returning policy is very good . Delivery is just 1 day and really good discounts and service .
Jabong - good variety but less discounts and delivery period high .
Flipkart - turning to be the worst these days in terms of delivery , customer service , packing etc . Even the adverse comments are found deleted. They are very manipulative off late .
Watchkart - average and nothing great .
Be stylish - only for footwear - good no of options and reliable.
Old 4th August 2013, 14:02   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand

Suppose you do that - the seller can go crying to e-Bay, who can then ban you as a buyer. At the very least, you might get a bad buyer rating that would make other sellers wary of dealing with you.

This is what e-Bay says:

If you have received the item, but it is not as described during the purchase, please visit the PaisaPay Resolution Centre.We thank you for shopping with eBay and hope to see you back soon.

Doesn't matter I feel . We the buyer are not wanting to get any credit rating from the seller . If the seller is not willing to sell, then let them not sell . There are lot other options available .It's a buyer's market today and buyer can't be exploited under any circumstance unless it's a monopolistic market and unfortunately there is nothing called as monopolistic market today .

Last edited by rki2007 : 4th August 2013 at 14:04.
Old 4th August 2013, 16:24   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Doesn't matter I feel . We the buyer are not wanting to get any credit rating from the seller . If the seller is not willing to sell, then let them not sell . There are lot other options available .It's a buyer's market today and buyer can't be exploited under any circumstance unless it's a monopolistic market and unfortunately there is nothing called as monopolistic market today .
Well, up to you - but from what I understand, if you don't pay attention to e-Bay's instructions, they will resolve the case in the buyer's favour. Then you lose money (remember - this scenario comes after you have paid for the product usually).

About the broader point you raise: e-Bay is a marketplace - which by definition is where an infinite number of buyers and sellers interact and price discovery happens. A single seller or buyer cannot influence it, so your choosing not to participate in the marketplace does not change its dynamics at all. It will only inconvenience you, since there aren't many e-Bay-like options available around. Have you seen the selection of goods on e-Bay? If you are looking for a not-too-expensive imported electronic component or lifestyle item, e-Bay is the place to go.

Lastly - when you say "unfortunately there is nothing called as monopolistic market today" - are you saddened by this fact? If yes, then you can be happy - there are several areas which are monopolistic due to either (a) formation of cabals, (b) tough entry barriers, (c) economies of scale and perhaps other factors. Examples are (online only) online banking, share trading, train ticketing, movie ticketing and probably a lot more.
Old 5th August 2013, 01:32   #637
BHPian

Where can one order parts for an obscure lg phone (LG Optimus G E970)? a firang friend stuck in india needs a new display. Apparently the phone never sold in india - so any leads to reliable online stores in singapore/taiwan would be helpful.

Last edited by manolin : 5th August 2013 at 01:33.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:32   #638
Senior - BHPian

Had ordered a metal badge from ebay as was advertised by seller. turned out material was plastic made to look like metal. contacted ebay stating item was not as per description. got amount refunded. asked if ebay/seller will pick up material. no response yet.

Got money and item as well!
Old 5th August 2013, 10:44   #639
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

This is what e-Bay says:

I online chatted with ebay customer service today - and they said I should refuse delivery.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:45   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Had ordered a metal badge from ebay as was advertised by seller. turned out material was plastic made to look like metal. contacted ebay stating item was not as per description. got amount refunded. asked if ebay/seller will pick up material. no response yet.

Got money and item as well!
ebay.in or ebay.com?
Old 5th August 2013, 10:49   #641
Senior - BHPian

ebay.in only

1) Ordered belkin adapter. seller did not ship. got refund.
2) Ordered Mustang metal badge. different product received. got refund and product.
3) ebay gobal: ordered ballistic case for mobile Rs.1800 and got otterbox case Rs.2800. informed seller and ebay. no response.

Thrice lucky i guess
Old 5th August 2013, 10:50   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
a firang friend stuck in india needs a new display. Apparently the phone never sold in india
Is it E970 AT&T model ? If so it may be difficult to source the parts from elsewhere since it was an operator tie up model.
Old 5th August 2013, 11:44   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is it E970 AT&T model ? If so it may be difficult to source the parts from elsewhere since it was an operator tie up model.
Its not an AT&T model.

has anyone had any experiences with this site?
http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-lg-o...-assembly.html
Old 5th August 2013, 12:07   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought a Blackberry Car Charger for Rs.599 from Ebay. Seller sent the item after one week. Found the charger not working, had to courier it back to him that costed me Rs.100 bucks

He hasnt replaced with a new one yet. He doesnt even correspond.

When I remind him, he replies saying i will courier it today itself ( this was last wednesday) and iam yet to receive

How do I take a refund from Ebay?
Old 5th August 2013, 13:12   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Bought a Blackberry Car Charger for Rs.599 from Ebay. Seller sent the item after one week. Found the charger not working, had to courier it back to him that costed me Rs.100 bucks

He hasnt replaced with a new one yet. He doesnt even correspond.

When I remind him, he replies saying i will courier it today itself ( this was last wednesday) and iam yet to receive

How do I take a refund from Ebay?
If you've tried connecting with him and he hasn't responded, leave a negative feedback. I ordered an HTC wall charger which didn't work. I left a negative feedback for the seller and he immediately called me up and sent a new one for free, without asking for the old one back saying (since it's not working, it's no use for me).

And if the seller doesn't get back to you in 48 hours, escalate the issue with ebay. They are very "buyer" centric and will help in resolving the issue ASAP!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks