Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 16:51   #6436
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil2307 View Post
I regulalry use it here in Bangalore, more for the convenience of it rather than for anything else.

So far so good. No complaints.

Thank you. Is there a minimum order value? Are there delivery charges? I could find very little info on their website.
Old 24th September 2019, 16:53   #6437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Has anyone purchased meat/fish from https://www.freshtohome.com/ - what's your feedback?
Wife buys regularly from them. Fish, Chicken mostly and mutton sometimes. Haven't had reason to find fault.

At times after ordering, they have called up and said they have cancelled the order and have refunded the amount since the fish was not fresh!

Their delivery team are also polite.

Edit: Yes, there is a delivery charge, but they do give out coupons which waives off the delivery charges.
Old 24th September 2019, 16:53   #6438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone purchased meat/fish from https://www.freshtohome.com/ - what's your feedback?
I've used it a few times for fish/meat but I found no difference in quality with the local shops. Fish in Bangalore is brought from Andhra and that results in a 2-3 days delay. Salt and chemicals are added to keep it fresh.

I was expecting Freshtohome to be better but on one occasion the fish wasn't that fresh. It wasn't bad, but not really fresh. After that I stuck with local shops and stopped buying from Freshtohome.
Old 26th September 2019, 13:00   #6439
BHPian

freshtohome is fairly ok when it comes to meat. They supply lamb which is a little difficult to source in Madras. You get goat everywhere easily. BTW Biryani tastes better if made with lamb than with goat.
Problem is F2H, they charge you more if you buy fish. They may show lots of varieties not seen in east coast. But when you order, most of the time, it gets cancelled. If it is in stock, they show the price (let us say) as 350 per kg in the main page but when you go to the cart, they calculate for wastage in an arbitrary way and charge you about 500 per kg eventually.
Bottomline is it is convenient but costly. Another thing is the items are not so fresh. They charge about Rs.30-60 for shipping which gets waived only when you cross Rs.900/-
Old 28th September 2019, 18:38   #6440
BHPian

Amazon appears to now be selling their own brand of refrigerators, washing machines etc. Apart from a phone number, there is no information about warranty claim procedures, service centers etc.

How has your warranty claim experience been ?
Old 28th September 2019, 18:40   #6441
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Amazon appears to now be selling their own brand of refrigerators, washing machines etc.
Do you have a link? I am unable to find it.
Old 28th September 2019, 18:47   #6442
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have a link? I am unable to find it.
Here you go

LINK and LINK
Old 28th September 2019, 20:09   #6443
BANNED

Quote:
Here you go

LINK and LINK

Thank you. It's always good to have more choices. I am having such a terrible time with my LG washing machine that I may give an Amazon appliance a chance next time I am in the market to buy something
Old 29th September 2019, 17:48   #6444
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. It's always good to have more choices. I am having such a terrible time with my LG washing machine that I may give an Amazon appliance a chance next time I am in the market to buy something
My 2 cents on this: If the company is not in manufacturing, they will not be designing the product. Which means, the manufacturer is left to design whatever they want. Usually, this means that if a Amazon Basics product will fail, they will try to repair it by the technician of that company. If it doesn't get repaired, they "may" replace it.
Now, it all boils down to who the manufacturer is. If they are someone in China (even someone in India will be no better) who has copied the stuff, the design will remain poor instead of thoughtful.
Which is why I try to stay away from such label marketing.
Old 1st October 2019, 16:29   #6445
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I ordered the Oral-B toothbrush at Rs.3,800. When it arrived, I found that there was a label with that MRP, and another one showing a reduced MRP of Rs.3,199.
(ßnip)
I suppose I'm happy. I got the toothbrush

Still, why pay ×100 over why pay more than what you'll pay at a brick and mortar store?

Quote:
Amazon appears to now be selling their own brand of refrigerators, washing machines etc. Apart from a phone number, there is no information about warranty claim procedures, service centers etc.
Wasn't this mentioned in the home appliances thread?
Old 1st October 2019, 16:35   #6446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Still, why pay ×100 over why pay more than what you'll pay at a brick and mortar store?
How can it be 100 times the cost at a brick and mortar store, when Thad is referring to an electric toothbrush.
Old 1st October 2019, 17:10   #6447
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes. And I didn't know I would soon be in England, where a similar model is about 2/3rds the price.

My experience is, though, that Oral-B electric brushes last enough years to not worry too much about the purchase price. Taking a dead one apart, I'd say that are very well made. But not immortal
Old 1st October 2019, 17:53   #6448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My experience is, though, that Oral-B electric brushes last enough years to not worry too much about the purchase price. Taking a dead one apart, I'd say that are very well made. But not immortal
True.. I have been using one. Only thing with these brushes is that you should keep stock of a good number of heads since supply is not so consistent.
Old 1st October 2019, 18:11   #6449
BHPian

I want to try electric brush (for the first time) and request the experts here to suggest a model. Budget around 2.5k.
Old 1st October 2019, 23:07   #6450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
True.. I have been using one. Only thing with these brushes is that you should keep stock of a good number of heads since supply is not so consistent.
And ignore the instructions to throw them away when they are still brushing. This is the electric tooth brush scam: get people buying several heads a year, each of which costs far more than ordinary toothbrush. Oral B have these bristles that change colour: I ignore them!

Most Viewed