Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2019, 17:50   #6496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This afternoon, I got an email from iHerb: "In this instance, as you were unaware of requirements, we will issue a refund." Of the goods cost, not the courier, but hey, at least they are showing goodwill.
I replied to iHerb saying that I might be finding a solution with DHL, and, if the package is delivered, I would need to refund their refund. They responded by telling me that, having approved and processed the refund, if I do receive the package, I should consider it a gift.

Old 3rd November 2019, 19:58   #6497
BHPian

Has anyone tried mobilefun.in for mobile phone accessories? Just placed an order for a phone case. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 4th November 2019, 08:28   #6498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Has anyone tried mobilefun.in for mobile phone accessories? Just placed an order for a phone case. Keeping fingers crossed.

Please be careful while ordering such customised accessories online. They may not fit very well inspite of their claim to the contrary, in which case you should have the option of returning it for a full refund. Just in the past couple of weeks I had to return a so-claimed customised back cover for my Samsung phone to Amazon for a refund. I later found out that some manufaturers sell identical covers for various similar models (but claimed to be 'customised' to specific models). e.g. Samsung have numerous variations of a particular model, each differing by just a little here and there. As a result, a single cover designed to serve all such models may not fit a particular model very well.
Old 5th November 2019, 13:17   #6499
Senior - BHPian

Is Myntra trustworthy for branded shoes? I am looking for running shoes and I find some Saucony shoes on sale in Myntra at a good price. I am looking at ordering from Myntra and have someone carry it for me from India.
Old 8th November 2019, 01:20   #6500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Is Myntra trustworthy for branded shoes? I am looking for running shoes and I find some Saucony shoes on sale in Myntra at a good price. I am looking at ordering from Myntra and have someone carry it for me from India.
Yep. Its quite a popular site and has a good name/reputation.
Old 8th November 2019, 10:03   #6501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I have purchased 2 Lee Cooper casual shoes from Myntra. They were genuine.

Rohan
Old 14th November 2019, 09:07   #6502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
I had ordered a Viofo A129 Dual Channel dash cam from AliExpress on 19th July. It was shipped on time and reached India on 27th July. However, it has been stuck in Chennai for more than three weeks now. The tracking details say "India, CHENNAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, Transfer from office of exchange (Inb)." I can see from the previous few posts on this thread that it can take upto 1.5 months for customs clearance.
Attachment 1906248
I have question regarding this. I ran out of the buyer protection period and the item was still with customs. So I raised a dispute with AliExpress and they immediately issued a refund. Note that there was no discussion between myself and AliExpress on whether the buyer protection is to be extend or not. The first action they took was to issue to refund once I raised a dispute. This was around a month and a half ago. I went ahead and purchased a Bluskysea B1W DashCam from Amazon India & had it installed in my Verna.

Now suddenly today I get a call from the nearby post-office that I have a parcel which I need to come and collect. I didn't have active orders on any online website so I was confused and inquired further as to who sent it. To my surprise I was told its from Singapore. I quickly checked the tracking number from my AliExpress order and it showed "out for delivery"!

I am not sure what to do. They post-man said I have to pay around Rs. 2800, which I am guessing is for import duty. I have already got a refund for this order!
Old 14th November 2019, 16:43   #6503
BHPian

Quote:
So I raised a dispute with AliExpress and they immediately issued a refund!
You are lucky. My package for a humidity sensor is held by customs and I extended protection for two months. After that I raised a dispute and AliExpress ruled against me stating customs clearance is buyer responsibility. This happened to one more item and hence I have stopped purchasing anything more than 10$ from AliExpress. Have purchased from Banggood who are a bit pricier but provide insurance for products that could get held in customs or if duty needs to be paid.
Old 17th November 2019, 12:40   #6504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Yep. Its quite a popular site and has a good name/reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have purchased 2 Lee Cooper casual shoes from Myntra. They were genuine.
Thank you for the feedback. Eventually I decided to buy online from within EU. It was slightly more expensive, but much quicker than buying in India and getting it carried to EU.
Old 17th November 2019, 13:04   #6505
BHPian

Quote:
I have question regarding this. I ran out of the buyer protection period and the item was still with customs. So I raised a dispute with AliExpress and they immediately issued a refund. Note that there was no discussion between myself and AliExpress on whether the buyer protection is to be extend or not. The first action they took was to issue to refund once I raised a dispute. This was around a month and a half ago. I went ahead and purchased a Bluskysea B1W DashCam from Amazon India & had it installed in my Verna.

Now suddenly today I get a call from the nearby post-office that I have a parcel which I need to come and collect. I didn't have active orders on any online website so I was confused and inquired further as to who sent it. To my surprise I was told its from Singapore. I quickly checked the tracking number from my AliExpress order and it showed "out for delivery"!

I am not sure what to do. They post-man said I have to pay around Rs. 2800, which I am guessing is for import duty. I have already got a refund for this order!
I was in a similar situation a couple of months back with a lower value package.

I didn't get the package on time, so raised a dispute and got a refund from AliExpress. But around a month later, the package was delivered to me.

So I contacted the seller and informed him about the receipt of the parcel and enquired how I can pay for it.

The solution he gave was pretty simple.

Order the same product once more and pay for it. Leave a message for him with the old and new order numbers. He wont be sending the second order.

After a few days mark the second order as received.
Old 17th November 2019, 23:13   #6506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
.... later found out that some manufaturers sell identical covers for various similar models (but claimed to be 'customised' to specific models). e.g. Samsung have numerous variations of a particular model, each differing by just a little here and there. As a result, a single cover designed to serve all such models may not fit a particular model very well.
It’s not a Samsung, so there was no problem from that aspect. The product reached in about a week. It was held at Delhi airport customs department for two days or so. However no duty was levied, probably because it is a low value phone case.
Old 18th November 2019, 15:53   #6507

I bought Viofo A129-DG from Banggood during the 2nd week of October. It was shipped the next day and within 5 days it was in India. But I since then it is with customs for more than 4 weeks. Any idea when will it get through customs? Banggood is telling me to talk to local Post office and it didn't help. Also, though I had bought insurance and there was 7-15 day shipping guarantee, Banggood customer care is telling, they can't process return.

Does anyone know how to get through this situation/deadlock?

Please note : I had ordered through Aliexpress multiple times and had no issues with customs or late deliveries.
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:54   #6508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rd View Post
within 5 days it was in India. But I since then it is with customs for more than 4 weeks. Any idea when will it get through customs?
Same case here. I have more than five parcels stuck in customs from close to a month. These are from various sources, Ali, Gearbest and shipped through China, Singapore and Netherlands post and in Kolkata, Chennai and Delhi respectively. This has to be some major issue with all customs centers or something is cooking. None of the parcels have been released and even on the Indiapost twitter account many are complaining.

Has anyone got a parcel customs cleared after 12th October? My last consignment that passed through customs was on that day and after that, none have come through. Its really fishy since if it was an issue in one location, we could have written it off. But in my case, its in different locations, carriers and sources. This was never the case earlier.

Last edited by audioholic : 22nd November 2019 at 13:57.
Old 22nd November 2019, 23:09   #6509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Has anyone got a parcel customs cleared after 12th October?

Ordered a cutout from Aliexpress on October 8th and was shipped via JCExpress on 9th, reached India on 13th October and was held at customs for almost a month and got it delivered on 11th November.

The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:16   #6510
Team-BHP Support

The last 2 Aliexpress packages I've ordered have shown up in just 10 days!

1 was <$10
The other was $33

I chose the cheapest non-free shipping option both times ($1-2 extra).

Got an email when it had reached India, was out for delivery, and delivered.

Most Viewed