Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2020, 15:21   #6586
BHPian

Re: Amazon.com - Anyone ordered anything?

I had ordered Liqui Moly anti friction additive a while ago and to my horror I discovered that they had sent a tampered can filled with some weird dirty looking oil. Learnt a lesson. Never order oil online.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-b2000bef3fa94700a423113d86d11738.jpeg  

The Online Shopping Thread-281c6f9c09654ab09ac2ca153a7124a0.jpeg  

The Online Shopping Thread-5579f99b3fa34fd2a6b134059c9265f7.jpeg  

The Online Shopping Thread-3b925ab1365f44d48e4e73cde9efe68a.jpeg  

vishwasvr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 16:04   #6587
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
I had ordered Liqui Moly anti friction additive a while ago and to my horror I discovered that they had sent a tampered can filled with some weird dirty looking oil. Learnt a lesson. Never order oil online.
By tampered can, do you mean the seal was broken? If you have an unboxing clip of the can showing the broken seal, you can share it with the customer support and they'll send a replacement for free (or maybe a refund too) even though Amazon mentions it as not returnable. I speak from experience.

That said, the color of the additive does seem to match with the pics on Google Images.

The Online Shopping Thread-images2.jpeg

The Online Shopping Thread-images3.jpeg

And this was purchased from Amazon.in not Amazon.com correct?
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 19:17   #6588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
That is Molybdenum Disulphide based additive. They look like that only. Nothing to worry.
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 23:06   #6589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
By tampered can, do you mean the seal was broken? If you have an unboxing clip of the can showing the broken seal, you can share it with the customer support and they'll send a replacement for free (or maybe a refund too) even though Amazon mentions it as not returnable. I speak from experience.

That said, the color of the additive does seem to match with the pics on Google Images.

Attachment 2036350

Attachment 2036351

And this was purchased from Amazon.in not Amazon.com correct?
Yes, the seal was broken. Hence the suspicion. Besides the liquid inside looked contaminated. Not the uniform texture of Ceratec. Besides I noticed there wasn't any MRP sticker either on the bottle.

Yes, picked it up from Amazon.in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That is Molybdenum Disulphide based additive. They look like that only. Nothing to worry.
Fair enough. I hadn't used this before and I was surprised to see the seal broken and left inside the neck of the bottle.

Anyway, I think I'll take a chance and try it on my car. Fingers crossed!
vishwasvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 23:30   #6590
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I understand, and hope, that I shall be able to shop at Amazon, from tomorrow, for other than "essential items."

Yay!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 11:05   #6591
BHPian

Any suggestions for the hard disk for CCTV setup. Need hard drive for NVR. Heard that one need to check for surveillance hard drives only. Any pointers. Also best place to get them. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 1st August 2020 at 11:07.
Old 2nd August 2020, 00:11   #6592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Heard that one need to check for surveillance hard drives only.
Have heard of this: Western Digital Purple

I don't know if you have to, but these are made for the job.

I understand that they should not be bought as ordinary data disks. Do not know if that means they are made for specific CCTV-recording equipment, and not for computers?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:39   #6593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for the hard disk for CCTV setup. Need hard drive for NVR. Heard that one need to check for surveillance hard drives only. Any pointers. Also best place to get them. Thanks in advance.
Only get WD purple or Seagate Skyhawk. Desktop grade HDDs shall fail in no time if you put them in a surveillance dvr.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:59   #6594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Have heard of this: Western Digital Purple

I don't know if you have to, but these are made for the job.

I understand that they should not be bought as ordinary data disks. Do not know if that means they are made for specific CCTV-recording equipment, and not for computers?
Is there a reason as to why you shouldn't use it in a PC for storage? I recently got a 6TB and from what i could google, i found no reason not to use it in my pc for a data dump of media files.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:10   #6595
BHPian

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a sound bar for my room’s television. Our budget is up to ₹10k. I am planning to buy it in the Prime day sale on 6th & 7th August 2020.

Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 13:33   #6596
BHPian

Quote:
Desktop HDD: 10 to 12 hours of usage
Surveillance hard drives: These are mainly designed for handling surveillance video data, that is continuous writing - like 90% write and 10% read. Usually sequential write/reads and will not get hot. These are not as fast as desktop reads (lots of random reads/writes) but very reliable.
NAS Drives: Reliable and fast compared to desktop drives.
Enterprise class HDD: These are used in data centers or other mission critical application where speed and reliability is paramount.

Which to buy?
We all are short of choices. Either WD or Seagate or Toshiba, may be WD has slight edge compared to Seagate

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Is there a reason as to why you shouldn't use it in a PC for storage? I recently got a 6TB and from what i could google, i found no reason not to use it in my pc for a data dump of media files.
For dumping media quite reliable compared to desktop version, but if you need faster reads/writes desktop drives are better or go for SSD
kozhissery is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 13:09   #6597
BHPian

I have got Amex offer for 10% Discount on Flipkart for minimum transaction of Rs. 10000 and Rs. 2500 bring maximum discount. Anybody availed this offer kindly explain if it is on all items as terms and conditions do not mention anything and will it show before the final purchase that offer had been applied or applicable on item?
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 11:50   #6598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I have got Amex offer for 10% Discount on Flipkart for minimum transaction of Rs. 10000 and Rs. 2500 bring maximum discount. Anybody availed this offer kindly explain if it is on all items as terms and conditions do not mention anything and will it show before the final purchase that offer had been applied or applicable on item?
T&C should be on the email you got once you opted for the offer. As per the email, Cashback should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days, but may take upto 90 days. I did a purchase yesterday and did not see it in the final purchase price.
arsudarsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 11:56   #6599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
T&C should be on the email you got once you opted for the offer. As per the email, Cashback should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days, but may take upto 90 days. I did a purchase yesterday and did not see it in the final purchase price.
T&C are not very clear and there is no FAQ section. Anyways hopefully it should reflect in due course of time. This is always reassuring to see when the offer is acknowledged at the time of final payment which is unluckily not the case here.
Old 13th August 2020, 12:41   #6600
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know where is Flipkart's warehouse in Pune? Some of my bigger orders are coming all the way to Pune and then get cancelled after a few days of non-delivery. Their support is useless. I think that big products come at somewhere in Wagholi.

Most Viewed