Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2020, 22:35   #6631
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Hi everyone, does anyone here has any experience in resolving a complaint with Reliance Digital for an online purchase? If yes, please share thoughts on how do I get a simple complaint resolved...
Wont you be able to go to physical store and check if they could help you with it. Worth a try.

Was there no refund policy on the product? ( this is what i like with Amazon hassle free refund)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th October 2020 at 11:59. Reason: Trimmed quote
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 10:29   #6632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
After a week I contacted them via email but got no response. I did some search on reviews of this website and it seems 200 INR are lost. Stay clear of this website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Biggest red light on that site, for me, is no physical contact address. I seldom buy from an unknown site that isn't prepared to give me an address.
There is another bigger red light. They use a 'Let's encrypt' a free SSL certificate - a big Redlight for ecom sites. You don't even spend some 50 US dollars or so to get a regular SSL certificate from a known authority ? How do you expect a potential customer to trust your site with their money?
For ecommerce sites which collect Credit Card information, you need to have an Extended Validation Certificate where the issuing authorities check your business credentials before issuing their certificates.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th October 2020 at 12:01. Reason: Quoted post edited
Prowler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 11:57   #6633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Wont you be able to go to physical store and check if they could help you with it. Worth a try.

Was there no refund policy on the product? ( this is what i like with Amazon hassle free refund)
Nothing specifically mentioned on the product page about return/exchange. But I haven't even opened and tried the product since it's not to the specifications I wanted. I thought that'll make the return easier and wouldn't result in any loss to them apart from courier charges maybe.

I don't think stores will entertain a complaint from online purchase but I can try. Surprisingly, there's no easy return/exchange option on Reliance Digital unlike Amazon/Flipkart. All you can do is email them all the details and hope for a response.
Old 18th October 2020, 11:58   #6634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Nothing specifically mentioned on the product page about return/exchange. But I haven't even opened and tried the product since it's not to the specifications I wanted. I thought that'll make the return easier and wouldn't result in any loss to them apart from courier charges maybe.

I don't think stores will entertain a complaint from online purchase but I can try. Surprisingly, there's no easy return/exchange option on Reliance Digital unlike Amazon/Flipkart. All you can do is email them all the details and hope for a response.
Please try calling them, I had previously interacted with them on the phone and they were quite helpful and responsive. Hope this helps.
Old 18th October 2020, 12:12   #6635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Please try calling them, I had previously interacted with them on the phone and they were quite helpful and responsive. Hope this helps.
I did a couple of times initially, they said they can't accept any return/refund request on calls as they need to see pictures on email. Will see if I can escalate again over phone.
Old 18th October 2020, 17:10   #6636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
There is another bigger red light. They use a 'Let's encrypt' a free SSL certificate - a big Redlight for ecom sites. ... ... ... For ecommerce sites which collect Credit Card information, you need to have an Extended Validation Certificate where the issuing authorities check your business credentials before issuing their certificates.
Interesting. This is a whole area I know nothing about about. Is there a quick way for a net-security novice to check it out?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 12:46   #6637
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. This is a whole area I know nothing about about. Is there a quick way for a net-security novice to check it out?
Yes. Hover your mouse over the closed lock icon on the address bar of your browser. You should see the SSL authority who issued the certificate for the site.
Now most of the sites have switched over to https from http to prevent anyone snooping on the transaction between the server and the browser.
For ordinary sites where no money is transacted, you can opt for free SSL certificates issued by 'Let's Encrypt' .

For ecommerce sites it is essential that you establish your credentials up front by opting for a proper SSL certificate issued by recognized authorities. For example, this site's SSL certificate is issued by Sectigo Limited (formerly known as Commodo ). Banks and other major ecommerce sites will opt for Extended Verification Certificates where the issuing authority will extensively check the business credentials before they issue one.

I have attached screenshots here to explain in detail.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-bank.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-nonssl.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-greenssl.jpg  

Prowler is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 19:27   #6638
Senior - BHPian

Anyone dealt with Digicartz.com, Bangalore? According to their website the product rates are cheaper than Amazon.

I have been searching for a 70mai pro with GPS and Amazon rate was Rs.7999/- (currently not available), but Digicartz rate is Rs.6990/- with free shipping.

Please share your experience?
Old 19th October 2020, 19:56   #6639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
... For ordinary sites where no money is transacted, you can opt for free SSL certificates issued by 'Let's Encrypt' .
Thanks very much for that. Is Let's Encrypt the only one in which we should place a reduced level of trus?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 22:35   #6640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Anyone dealt with Digicartz.com, Bangalore?
The prices are definitely more than the Chinese sites, but with GearBest and BangGood no longer shipping to India, and AliExpress packages getting stuck in transit/warehouse, or worse getting slapped with obnoxious customs duties, Digicartz is a great alternative. Unfortunately, they have a very narrow selection of products.

I had a good experience with them. When a product I ordered (not available elsewhere) ran out of stock, they called me and apologized, and refunded the amount promptly. The products are genuine, their packaging is good, and they even ship through Bludart for a quick delivery.

Given my experience with them, I would definitely prefer them over Amazon resellers, most of who would import the product after you pay and order.

They have recently opened an offline store in Bengaluru. Please share your experience, if you have checked them out.
UPS_Guru is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 10:47   #6641
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much for that. Is Let's Encrypt the only one in which we should place a reduced level of trust?
There are other entities who issue free SSL certificates of the Domain Validated Certificates type like Cpanel and sslforfree.

I will explain the 3 types of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) here briefly:

1. Domain Validated (DV) Certificates - Primarily intended for personal sites like blogs or small business websites, that don't exchange any customer information.

2. Organization Validated (OV) Certificates - Primarily intended for small business sites with forms and lead capture capabilities, that don't exchange sensitive customer information. Many ecommerce sites use this type as they depend on payment gateways to transact money on their behalf. They don't store sensitive information like Credit Card details or personal information in their servers.

3. Extended Validated (EV) Certificates - Provides highest level of security, capable of handling sensitive information such as financial transactions intended for Bank or financial institutions.
Prowler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:30   #6642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much for that. Is Let's Encrypt the only one in which we should place a reduced level of trus?
You don't need to reduce the level of trust just because a site uses a cert issued by Let's Encrypt. That is a canard spread by for-$$$ certificate issuers because LE was eating into their profits.

Let's Encrypt is an EFF+Mozilla+UMich+others project with significant thought having gone into its design and implementation.
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:43   #6643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You don't need to reduce the level of trust just because a site uses a cert issued by Let's Encrypt. That is a canard spread by for-$$$ certificate issuers because LE was eating into their profits.

Let's Encrypt is an EFF+Mozilla+UMich+others project with significant thought having gone into its design and implementation.
I agree. I dont know why Amazon itself cannot issue certificates to ecommerce firms using them. The root will anyway go through Amazon and we trust them.
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 13:01   #6644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I agree. I dont know why Amazon itself cannot issue certificates to ecommerce firms using them. The root will anyway go through Amazon and we trust them.
Amazon has its own infrastructure for free certificates if your use-cases qualify:

https://aws.amazon.com/certificate-manager/
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 17:37   #6645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Of late, I am seeing that for many products, Amazon doesn't have a free return option, just a free replacement (with the same product). Maybe a post-covid change.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks