Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 18:41   #931
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Ordered a book in Amazon for the first time. Surprised to see it listed for just 400bux more than us rates. Flipkart had it Rs.2,800. Amazon had it for Rs.2,000. Happiness
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:34   #932

I have ordered books,dvd's,external hard disks from flipkart.
Books,dvd's from amazon india
Books from homeshop18.
Always had great experience with all 3.
Homeshop18 is cheaper most of the times for books than flipkart.amazon too is cheaper. Packaging and delivery times are good.
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:46   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Agreed, I ordered OPTECH straps for the camera yesterday night on snap deal. The selling price was 1105/. There was a festive discount of 900 and the final price to be paid was 205/-. Took a risk and ordered it on COD . Hoping the delivered product is genuine and defect free

Attachment 1154713
After 4 days of dilly-dallying, snap deal has cancelled my order stating unavailability of items. The item continues to be listed on their site. I am sure they didnt want to sell the straps at 200/piece. I never trusted this website in the first place. Glad that I placed a COD order. I am not going to shop on snap deal ever. Stupid and unreliable site

OT: Can anybody direct me on how to lodge a consumer complaint against this site?
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:02   #934
BHPian

Quote:
After 4 days of dilly-dallying, snap deal has cancelled my order stating unavailability of items. The item continues to be listed on their site. I am sure they didnt want to sell the straps at 200/piece. I never trusted this website in the first place. Glad that I placed a COD order. I am not going to shop on snap deal ever. Stupid and unreliable site OT: Can anybody direct me on how to lodge a consumer complaint against this site?
I've had good experiences with SD. It's basically a marketplace and the problem is likely with one of the e-tailers rather than SD themselves. Look at the seller rating before purchasing, if at all you do. I've got some great deals on kids school shoes at about the third of the price that we were getting from the school supplier.
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:27   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I've had good experiences with SD. It's basically a marketplace and the problem is likely with one of the e-tailers rather than SD themselves. Look at the seller rating before purchasing, if at all you do. I've got some great deals on kids school shoes at about the third of the price that we were getting from the school supplier.
Seller score is 4.5/5 . Going by the score, it should have been a no hassles deal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
tough i guess. I've gotten crapped on by US sites as well, and a very well known electronics retailer (newegg). Cheated me off 250$ on a coupon based on a 800$ purchase, which they eventually never honoured. I tried a few emails and support, finally gave up and decided never to shop there anymore... shit happens, we have to move on...
Agreed, that's why I ordered COD. Anyways, I want to lodge a complaint on consumer forum. I know the complaint is not going to change anything, yet :-)

Last edited by sachinj12 : 23rd October 2013 at 22:53.
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:33   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Seller score is 4.5/5 . Going by the score, it should have been a no hassles deal!!
tough i guess. I've gotten crapped on by US sites as well, and a very well known electronics retailer (newegg). Cheated me off 250$ on a coupon based on a 800$ purchase, which they eventually never honoured. I tried a few emails and support, finally gave up and decided never to shop there anymore... shit happens, we have to move on...
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:27   #937
Senior - BHPian

Ordered couple of car care stuff from snapdeal and Tradus. Got them in 2 days. I am quite happy with snapdeal, Tradus- well i'll only say, their quality is just not upto the mark. I just love COD option from snapdeal.
Old 24th October 2013, 12:08   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Ordered couple of car care stuff from snapdeal and Tradus. Got them in 2 days. I am quite happy with snapdeal, Tradus- well i'll only say, their quality is just not upto the mark. I just love COD option from snapdeal.
Even i am a happy customer of Snap Deal as of now.
Have very good experience till now.
I generally ordered car care stuff from SD.

Tradus is little pricey in comparison with SD.

Just ordered 2 car care product from SD. SMS received in no time that my product will shipp in 24 hours.

Always prefer the COD option.
Old 25th October 2013, 19:51   #939
Distinguished - BHPian

Good deals on accessories - Websites / Shops

Was just trying to help out a bhp'ian and then this struck me. A thread to put across any good / great deals on accessories. These could be the ones found in any websites or shops. Not all of us browse thru all websites or go to any shops unless we are looking for something. But to have an updated data repository of such deals will definitely help some souls to grab what they want for a good price.

Had found the below one some time back and it's still going on and completely worth.

Pair of Osram Nightbreaker+ H4 -- Rs. 900/-. I believe normal prices hover around Rs. 1200/- a pair.

www.autotrends.in/osram-night-breaker-plus-headlight-fog-light-bulbs-bulb-h4-12v-55w.html

Mods, I am NOT sure whether we have a similar thread. Request to please merge / move it to the appropriate one if this is not the right place.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 13:15   #940
BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Moved your post to this thread where you have a better chance of getting a satisfactory reply.

My guess is snapdeal offers one-time promo deals, probably sourcing from those dealers who have surplus stock and hence are able to offer stuff cheaper than elsewhere. I am always cagey about buying electronics online but if it is new and in original packaging, it shouldn't be an issue. I bought my Galaxy Note (1st gen) from Letsbuy.com (later merged with Flipkart) and my wife's S4 from Flipkart. No issues in either case.

Have heard of people buying lots of services from snapdeal (visit to a dentist, can you beat that!) but please check before ordering electronics off them.
My experience with Flipkart and Infibeam has been positive.
I have bought HP P1005 laser printer(Majic Box offer) from Infibeem and Plustek Scanner from Flipkart. Both are reliable and have good customer care dept
Old 26th October 2013, 13:19   #941
BHPian

Had an awesome experience with flipkart.com
Ordered google nexus 7inch tab on 23rd october. Paid by credit card. The tab was shipped the same day and I received next day. The packaging was wonderful. My wife loves it. It was her diwali gift.
Old 27th October 2013, 16:30   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Always prefer the COD option.
There was a report of a customer who paid for headphones, received the package, paid for it, and opened it to find an empty box with thermocol and other packaging material stuffed into it.

I ordered a headset from an online site once in India (it was either FlipKart or SnapDeal) and opted for cash-on-delivery. I insisted on opening the package (it was wrapped in brown paper) but the delivery boy refused to allow checking the product at the time of payment. I smelled something fishy and refused payment till the product was checked, knowing lots of defective Chinese headsets making the rounds on online shopping sites with only one side working. The delivery boy provided a form in which I mentioned that I could only accept the product upon testing. I never heard from them again, confirming doubts that it was a scam.

In the 90s, the door-to-door salesmen provided the opportunity to test a product to satisfaction before making payment so despite the salesmen themselves being a bit sketchy, their openness in business dealings made them seem like a better option than the services that refuse to allow checking their products till they hold the cash in their hands.
Old 1st November 2013, 11:13   #943
Senior - BHPian

I had a positive experience with Flipkart and Shopclues.

I had ordered a Philips aquatouch shaver for dad. Got a good price compared to other sites and malls. It was delivered to him in about 3 days flat. Good packing and good product.

I ordered My shaldan set of 2(410 after discount), tea candles (set of 50 for Rs.180) and Digifit floor mats for Rapid(Rs.2000 after discount). Good quality stuff and speedy delivery. within 3 days. Highly recommended.
Old 1st November 2013, 14:17   #944
BHPian

Guys any feedback on this http://m.snapdeal.com/product/cubete...-player/600646 planning to get one for my parents.
Old 9th November 2013, 07:50   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Looks like FedEx delivery is in a mess. I had ordered a charger from ebay. It was shipped by FedEx. Their tracking says the item is delivered but I didn't receive it. When I asked the seller to show me the delivery receipt, he asked me to contact ebay customer care. I concur that ebay is making them ship via FedEx. I have requested ebay for delivery receipt. So far haven't heard from them.
eBay Guarantee claim came back & my claim is rejected. This is their response:
Quote:
We have checked the courier tracking details (mentioned below) of your item and it confirms that the item has been delivered at your shipping address on (25/09/2013&15:25). Courier Name: (FEDEX ) Docket/Airway Bill Details: (589931932458) We request you to kindly get in touch with the courier company for more details.
FedEx requires shipper's account number to provide obtain proof of delivery. Neither ebay nor the seller are sharing the account number. So, I have paid for the item & I don't have it even after 1 & 1/2 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks