Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:48   #961
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Anyone has feedback on healthkart? http://www.healthkart.com/

Planning to buy tampons which are not available anywhere easily.
The company is fine - i've bought lenses from them many times, and stuff like weighing machines. go ahead.
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:12   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The company is fine - i've bought lenses from them many times, and stuff like weighing machines. go ahead.
I think you mean Lenskart.

Benny
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:04   #963
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

Benny
I think he meant eye lenses.
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:32   #964
BHPian

I have purchased many items from flipkart, hs18, infibeam and ebay over the years but had been always apprehensive in getting apparels. But Jabong had a good deal during Diwali and I decided to get a Woodland shoe. It arrived next day though promised time was some 5-7 days. I had some issues with the fit and sent for exchange. It too happened very smooth. customer care support was good. Now I get the new pair of shoes and I am happy with it except that the first time i used it, there was a pain in my ankle. Gave this in my product comment and now get a call from them to ask if i am still having problem. This follow up was unexpected. I might go with them again for purchases
Old 24th November 2013, 18:30   #965
BANNED

Are there any reliable sites to buy laptop battery replacement/spares from? With good prices?
Old 24th November 2013, 19:25   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Are there any reliable sites to buy laptop battery replacement/spares from? With good prices?
I bought one for my Dell XPS M1530 laptop from Flipkart sometime back. No issues. Going strong till now.
Old 24th November 2013, 20:06   #967
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
I bought one for my Dell XPS M1530 laptop from Flipkart sometime back. No issues. Going strong till now.
Flipkart doesn't seem to carry the battery for my Thinkpad T430.
Old 24th November 2013, 22:17   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Benny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
I think he meant eye lenses.
Exactly.

lenses, weighing machine and couple such sundry items from healthkart.

though in july, lenskart had a killer buy 2 get one offer on lenses -i'm now well stocked for two years!!
Old 25th November 2013, 15:59   #969
Senior - BHPian

[quote=phamilyman;3302142
though in july, lenskart had a killer buy 2 get one offer on lenses -i'm now well stocked for two years!![/quote]

LensKart is not exactly cheap. They rig the MRP up and give you an offer which is higher than MRP itself.
Old 25th November 2013, 18:22   #970
Senior - BHPian

Question to people who bought stuff on flipkart during the diwali sale and availed the 15% (or whatever %) cash back on standard charted bank cards- Have you got the cash back yet? I bought from my colleague's card and he says its not reflected in his statements yet. Also, if somebody has a copy of the mail from flipkart explaining the terms and conditions on the standard charted cash back, please post a screen grab. I have deleted those mails by mistake

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
Greetings from Flipkart.com!

Thanks a lot buddy :-)

Has the cash back been credited to you, yet?

Last edited by sachinj12 : 25th November 2013 at 18:38.
Old 25th November 2013, 18:31   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
if somebody has a copy of the mail from flipkart explaining the terms and conditions on the standard charted cash back, please post a screen grab.
nope the cash back is not yet credited. Below is the mail from flipkart

Greetings from Flipkart.com!

Order ID : OD3101******* This is regarding the cash back you are entitled through your purchase from Flipkart.com under the Domestic Standard Chartered credit and debit cards (including Manhattan credit cards).

We would like to inform you as per the terms and conditions, the overall Cashback amount will not exceed Rs. 5000/-. Request you to go through the below mentioned terms and conditions.

Thanks for shopping with Flipkart and we look forward for a long cherishing association with you.

Offer Terms & Conditions
Get Extra 15% Cashback on purchases of Rs. 10,000 or more on domestic Standard Chartered credit and debit cards (including Manhattan credit cards) starting from 14th October 2013 09.00 Pm and ending on 19th October 2013.​
The maximum cashback that can be redeemed on a card (including all add-on cards) during the offer period is Rs. 5,000.
This offer is valid on purchases from all sellers on flipkart.com.
For an order to be eligible for the cashback, it should be paid for in-full by a Standard Chartered credit or debit card. Partial payment by Wallet or eGiftVoucher not applicable.
The cashback will be credited to your credit card/bank account before 30th November 2013.

Regards,
The Flipkart Team
The Online Mega Store

Edit :
nope the cash back is not yet credited.

Last edited by deepak_ms : 25th November 2013 at 18:39.
Old 25th November 2013, 19:17   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LensKart is not exactly cheap. They rig the MRP up and give you an offer which is higher than MRP itself.
Sir,

After having bought FIVE times from Lenskart in three years, I think I know what I am talking about. The discounts are pretty decent even like 10-15% compared to the best deals from regular stores, or a total 20-30% versus MRP.
Old 25th November 2013, 19:26   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir,

After having bought FIVE times from Lenskart in three years, I think I know what I am talking about. The discounts are pretty decent even like 10-15% compared to the best deals from regular stores, or a total 20-30% versus MRP.
Sir,

Since you know what you are talking about, its pretty hard to say something, let alone convince. And I do not wish to discuss what is a best store.

Members, do research before buying online. Reputation of the store alone does not count. In a market like India, value is more important.
Old 25th November 2013, 19:36   #974
nmo
BHPian

I have bought tons of stuff online (500+ transactions) over last 10 years.

For books: I use thisyathat.com for price comparison between leading sites like flipkart, infibeam, uread, bookadda. I have bought books from all these sites.

For Air Tickets: I normally use akbartravelsonline.com in case my travel plans are firm. Otherwise, I directly book with the airlines online. Have used makemytrip, easemytrip, cleartrip, yatra, ezeego1. There have been couple of instances where these portals have not refunded the money on cancellation and I have really had to struggle for refunds and that is why I have moved to booking directly with the airlines in case I think I may need to cancel / reschedule. The only site that I had to blacklist in my first booking itself was goibibo as they could not confirm my booking after debiting my credit card.

Electronic gadgets: I have bought computer and electronic stuff on flipkart, infibeam, and ebay and the experience has been quite good. On ebay, i do not order stuff with sellers who have less than 90% positive feedback with transaction value of couple of thousand rupees.

Automotive: I have used ebay, snapdeal, bringbest. The only sad situations that I have faced were with vicky.in and bhaap.com. Vicky.in could not deliver NGK Iridium spark plugs booked for Esteem and Bhaap.com kept delaying delivery of reverse parking sensors till I threatened them with lodging a complaint with consumer court.

Apparels / Shoes: Have used Yebhi / Myntra and purchases have been restricted to cherry-picking branded stuff when brand / size / color were firm or chosen in retail store and order placed online to avail of significant discounts that were available over retail store prices.

There was a time in 2004 - 2005 when I ended up buying a LG Air-conditioner, Phillips Home Theater, IFB Washing machine with Indiatimes shopping when I was setting up a new house in Mumbai. In 2006, I also managed to get an all inclusive 3 D / 2 N package (Stay / F&B / Sightseeing) for my family ( 2 Adults + 2 Children) at Heritage Village, Goa through Indiatimes travel for Rs 4,000/-.

My only transaction with Rediff shopping in 2004 was a disaster when they shipped me a 42 size shirt that would fit a child. There was no size label on the supplied shirt clearly showing that they did not understand what they had gotten into.

The convenience and value delivered by online shopping is immense that more than makes up for some transactions where I have lost money.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:12   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
You can try aliexpress.com. Its the Chinese amazon. It can take somewhat long time for the item to arrive but you can find practically everything there and it is reliable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks