Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 21:49   #1006
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Hello Folks,

Can someone tell me that what should I do when a new mobile battery I bought three months back from ebay.in stops working.

What are the remedies of such cases of online purchases?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th December 2013, 21:53   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello Folks,

Can someone tell me that what should I do when a new mobile battery I bought three months back from ebay.in stops working.

What are the remedies of such cases of online purchases?

Thanks in advance.
There should be some warranty on the product you brought, usually it is 6 months. Lodge a complaint with Ebay, then write to the seller directly and take it from there. Ebay is usually responsive to customer complaints as I have experienced in the past.
Old 10th December 2013, 16:32   #1008
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This may well be the best time to buy online what with the GOSF - Google Online Shopping Festival starting midnight tonight for three days!
Arguably the single largest concerted coordinated online shopping fest, aimed at driving behavioural change in the great Indian consumer!
Old 10th December 2013, 17:08   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This may well be the best time to buy online what with the GOSF - Google Online Shopping Festival starting midnight tonight for three days!
Arguably the single largest concerted coordinated online shopping fest, aimed at driving behavioural change in the great Indian consumer!
Any information on what kind of deals will be available?
Old 10th December 2013, 17:12   #1010
BHPian

GOSF - I think its "Great Online Shopping Festival".
Old 10th December 2013, 17:20   #1011
BHPian

Yes. It is Great Online Shopping Festival. Please visit www.gosf.in for further details on participants and products.
Old 10th December 2013, 17:48   #1012
BHPian

Waiting for gosf 2013 to start . Planning to buy a TV and would like to see the offers on Amazon and Snapdeal.

Snapdeal was running an additional INR 1000 off on 39" inch and above TV's. Hope they don't run the same offer again.
Old 10th December 2013, 18:20   #1013
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
Any information on what kind of deals will be available?
I am reliably informed that Flipkart plans to offer a flat 20% off on all electronics. Starting at midnight tonight. As an instance this means one can get an iPad mini at Rs 16K whereas it normally costs about 21K.
No idea how they are able to afford such a deep discount on electronics though.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th December 2013 at 18:30.
Old 10th December 2013, 18:40   #1014
Senior - BHPian

I have bought few items during last 12 months from ebay, Flipkart, snapdeal, etc. and my experience is kind of good. Few products were to be returned, few are lying with me but the seller has approved the refund after I lodged the complaint. The max purchase I have made is in 4 figures only and am very very skeptical/afraid of unpleasant experience especially if buying an electronic item. My thinking is that if I am ready to delay my purchase experience by 4-7 days or more as compared to normal showroom purchase, then I 'must' get the proper product as promised. Therefore have decided against purchasing LCD/LED TVs, Refrigerator, etc. because I can't tolerate even 1% inconvenience while buying such goods meant for the family. I am okay if any convenience is faced while buying goods meant for personal use, eg. shavers, mobile, etc. and I have faced them too.
The purpose of this post of mine is that I want to know from fellow BHPians their actual experience regarding purchase of LCD/LED TVs with regard to overall fit and finish of the product, (was it fresh or slightly old stock or scratches), and in case of finding out any defect, etc. before or while taking delivery, how was it resolved and overall opinion. Any website suggestions, etc.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10th December 2013, 18:45   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am reliably informed that Flipkart plans to offer a flat 20% off on all electronics. Starting at midnight tonight. As an instance this means one can get an iPad mini at Rs 16K whereas it normally costs about 21K.
No idea how they are able to afford such a deep discount on electronics though.
The last GOSF sale was a big disappointment. Prices were inflated and then a discount was offered. I am not talking about any particular site here.

This time the guys have said they will do a better job. However, I expect all the good stuff to be sold off in the first few hours after mid-night.
Old 11th December 2013, 00:07   #1016
Senior - BHPian

The GOSF website isnt working. Looks like either it has too much demnd and crashed or they were not prepared to upload it at 12 exactly as they had indicated.
Old 11th December 2013, 06:38   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The GOSF website isnt working. Looks like either it has too much demnd and crashed or they were not prepared to upload it at 12 exactly as they had indicated.
Ebay india is also offering GOSF since yesterday. Good discounts on various products are offered.
Old 11th December 2013, 11:08   #1018
BHPian

Guys,

Since GOSF is too huge a format, let's share the "best" deals we come across.
That should help us all.

Ace.
Old 11th December 2013, 11:50   #1019
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Guys,

Since GOSF is too huge a format, let's share the "best" deals we come across.
That should help us all.

Ace.
I would suggest that you should keep an eye on desidime.com
Its a whole community of deal hunters and GOSF is pretty big this time with genuine deals rather than just rehashed discounts.
Old 11th December 2013, 11:55   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The last GOSF sale was a big disappointment. Prices were inflated and then a discount was offered. I am not talking about any particular site here.

This time the guys have said they will do a better job. However, I expect all the good stuff to be sold off in the first few hours after mid-night.
A majority of the deals are nothing great. As quoted above, a lot of prices are inflated and then offered at a 'discount'. One has to shop around to find a good deal. Some good ones are:

Nexus 7 2012 16GB available at 8k. (Flipkart)
Some Induction Cookers at 50% off (Amazon)
2TB WD Passport External HDD at Rs 7k (Amazon)

Else the rest of the discounts are anyway available on a regular basis from the stores

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks