Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2013, 20:33   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Ordered the nexus 7 (2012) from flipkart for a family member. Usage is going to be basic.Felt at Rs 7999 it was great value for money as compared to other tablets inside 10K. Today the price has gone up to 8999.
Same here, has already reached Bangalore. Tomorrow will pick it up from my office. Also, it seems on registering with Google, it immediately asks to update to 4.4 Kitkat! Really looking forward to same.
Old 15th December 2013, 20:52   #1052
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Purchased 32GB micro SD card (UHS1 / class 10 Sandisk) for 1299Rs on Amazon.in just now - Feels like a good deal. Comes with a SD Card adapter.
Got the memory card at 11am today. Very quick turnaround considering that I placed the order on Friday afternoon and it is a delivery made on Sunday (which I love). I am impressed with the packaging - just like how it is in the US with a tear-through envelope which has a strip to pull through (normal, but yes it was very easy unlike the flipkart, jabong, myntra bags which will require me to hunt for a scissor to cut it). I think Amazon is taking the shipment packaging to next level in India
Old 15th December 2013, 22:09   #1053
Senior - BHPian

I have started hating Flipkart.

Ordered a HDD on 12th, it was shipped on 12th itself. Reached Bangalore Koramangala hub by 14th Morning and I also got a message that it was out for delivery. The delivery address is not even two mins from the Koramangala hub.

I took them seriously and was waiting and waiting holding up other work, no sign of it. I gave a call to the office and asked why am I not sent the delivery guy's contact details, which they promptly do if it is COD, as usual some female blurted out pretty words, I just cut her short with a Thank you. I thought it would arrive atleast by 7PM as my SMS read, but it didn't. Later I checked the website and I was shocked to see the tracking details. It read 'delivery not successful since not reachable'. Hypocrites. And am yet to receive it. This might be my last order through Flipkart.

Another incident. I had purchased a Belkin wireless mouse, and the battery died on me the first day itself. Later I learnt that the packing was 2 years old. Posted a decent review of the mouse on Flipkart.

Few weeks later, a female calls me and asks what is the problem with the mouse, I explain her the experience and say that it is fine now after replacing the batteries. She said OK and hung up. Few minutes later, I receive an e-mail from them asking me to edit my review. I got irritated and replied back asking them a rationale behind me asking to edit my review. No reply yet.
Old 15th December 2013, 23:53   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I think Amazon is taking the shipment packaging to next level in India
I beg to differ! The soft, padded, envelopes they use in shipping CDs/DVDs offer minimal protection from damage (as opposed to rigid cardboard boxes used by Flipkart/Infibeam etc.). I received damaged DVDs once, and a damaged DVD box another time. (There were other, much more serious, issues that I'll post about when I find some time). I'm not going to order more CDs/DVDs anytime soon. However, their customer service is top notch.
Old 16th December 2013, 09:31   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I beg to differ! The soft, padded, envelopes they use in shipping CDs/DVDs offer minimal protection from damage (as opposed to rigid cardboard boxes used by Flipkart/Infibeam etc.). I received damaged DVDs once, and a damaged DVD box another time.
On the other hand, the one time I ordered DVDs from Flipkart I got one cracked disc (among other damage). Now, if I order DVDs online it is either from Amazon or from Rhythm House.
Old 16th December 2013, 09:38   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
On the other hand, the one time I ordered DVDs from Flipkart I got one cracked disc (among other damage). Now, if I order DVDs online it is either from Amazon or from Rhythm House.

Flipkart uses same packaging method across products! Whereas with amazon, the packaging is according to the type of products. Thats is a good thing . Flipkart packaging does not even have the Fragile/Handle with care printed on the packaging in case of delicate items like CD/DVD which results in them being dumped and handled like any other item. Amazon, on the other hand , has these cautions on the packaging.
Old 16th December 2013, 10:07   #1057
BHPian

Bought quite a few items this GOSF, majorly from amazon, Flipkart, jabong & EBay.
All the items ordered from Amazon were received within 2 days nicely packed. Infact one of the items was received by me the very next day.

Jabong sent my order partially after 3 days, the packing was better than amazon i suppose as the individual items inside the package were nicely bubble wrapped. Though I have still not being informed about the remaining items of my order which are not yet shipped.

Flipkart, was as fast as Amazon. All Items delivered in two days in a cardboard box.

The package from eBay as expected is nowhere to be seen, even after 4 days of placing the order. Just received an email confirmation from eBay that your order has been placed, no further information whether the seller shipped it or not.
Old 16th December 2013, 11:32   #1058
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
It read 'delivery not successful since not reachable'.
This is a problem with the courier and not Flipkart. I have never faced it with Flipkart but faced it with other vendors. On Saturday, I faced this exact issue with Tradus/Aramex combo. Someone was there at home the whole day. Usually, I ignore the 'out for delivery' message in tracking. If I need to go out, I go out. If they come when I am not there, they will deliver the next day.
Old 16th December 2013, 12:25   #1059
Senior - BHPian

I have been planning to buy 1TB external hard disk from flipkart.

The prices of this one keeps on fluctuating, it goes on between 4099 and 5599, I am surprised. If I refresh within 15 mins, the price alternates.

I am sure, its not the cookies, so buyers please keep a track when you want to buy on flipkart, because you may be trying the price at higher version.

http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-back...ecommendations
Old 16th December 2013, 14:04   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I have been planning to buy 1TB external hard disk from flipkart.

The prices of this one keeps on fluctuating, it goes on between 4099 and 5599, I am surprised. If I refresh within 15 mins, the price alternates.

I am sure, its not the cookies, so buyers please keep a track when you want to buy on flipkart, because you may be trying the price at higher version.

http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-back...ecommendations
Have noticed this happening across portals. Guess its their way of forcing you to keep visiting the site. Couple of days back I bought the Samsung Galaxy S Duos for Rs 8100. I was lucky enough to intercept at the point when they dropped it. It was only for 1 unit. Since then its gone back up to 9600

On External Hard Disks. Amazon had some great offers during the GOSF over the last 4 days. 1TB drives were available at Rs 3900-4000 Range(Seagate/Creative). Now they are all up to Rs 5000 +
Old 16th December 2013, 14:52   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
IIt read 'delivery not successful since not reachable'. Hypocrites. And am yet to receive it. This might be my last order through Flipkart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
This is a problem with the courier and not Flipkart. I have never faced it with Flipkart but faced it with other vendors. On Saturday, I faced this exact issue with Tradus/Aramex combo. Someone was there at home the whole day. Usually, I ignore the 'out for delivery' message in tracking. If I need to go out, I go out. If they come when I am not there, they will deliver the next day.
Yes. This is not a Flipkart issue, but a courier company issue.
We had similar experience with a very reputed company - Blue Dart.
Someone called from Blue Dart, asking us to confirm our building number and flat number. I confirmed. Next day we learnt that the parcel has been returned back to the sender. Reason given was that "recipient is no longer available at this address".

Then a couple of days ago, another order was cancelled from another seller. When we called up, they said, your area does not come in the list of servicable pin codes for Blue Dart.
Now, I don't know what to say, since someone from Blue Dart delivered my credit card, just a couple of days prior to that.
Old 16th December 2013, 16:19   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Have noticed this happening across portals. Guess its their way of forcing you to keep visiting the site. Couple of days back I bought the Samsung Galaxy S Duos for Rs 8100. I was lucky enough to intercept at the point when they dropped it. It was only for 1 unit. Since then its gone back up to 9600

On External Hard Disks. Amazon had some great offers during the GOSF over the last 4 days. 1TB drives were available at Rs 3900-4000 Range(Seagate/Creative). Now they are all up to Rs 5000 +
I guess its more than users repeating the visit, its more like people buying unknowingly at higher price. Anyway, the product doesnt go below a price and keeps on fluctuating at the other prices.

So if someone buys same hard disk at 4099, its ok, but someone else may also buy it at 4599 Or 5599, seeing value for money (without doing much comparison).

So overall, flipkart gains money. Here I am more suprised as the price is not revised upwards only, rather keeps on fluctuating every few mins/hrs between 4099, 4599 and 5599. It goes both ways, up and down and its happening like this since past 3 days, that I have been observing.
Old 16th December 2013, 22:28   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
We had similar experience with a very reputed company - Blue Dart.
The worst experience I have had is with a courier company - IndiaOnTime, which is exactly opposite its name. Had ordered a pair of rechargeable batteries from InfiBeam.com and had the misfortune of IOT being the delivery agent. The package reached Bangalore from Delhi in 3 days, but was not delivered home for another 15 days. Every evening the status would be updated to "cannot deliver due to rainfall" when the weather was perfectly normal. Finally lost my patience, called them and had to give them an earful. The package was delivered the next day amidst an unseasonal torrential downpour. It was ironical, but they perhaps deserved the heavenly outburst.

Their FB page earlier was a testimony of their timeliness (or rather the lack of the same). All negative comments however are now cleaned up.

Last edited by sachinayak : 16th December 2013 at 22:30. Reason: typo correction
Old 17th December 2013, 11:11   #1064
BHPian

Ordered 1 TB my Passport WD Hard disk through amazon during the GOSF days and got it for 3999.

The delivery was done in 2 days however the packaging could have been better. All they had was some air filled plastic below the hard disk and the same torn plastic without the air of course above it.

Placed order for shoes via Jabong on the same day and after repeated follow ups they have managed to initiate the shipping today morning. This follow up was done by over 3 departments ranging across 4 days with every departments's standard reply " As a valuable customer. i will escalate this complaint to our xxx department who will get back to you within 24 hours".

Thank God, i went for COD.
Old 17th December 2013, 12:17   #1065
BHPian

Bought a mobile Samsung galaxy s duos 2, newly launched just a week before from Flipkart. Package arrived after 3 days. When i checked, the touch itself was not working. When called the customer care they asked is anything other than that is working? How the he.. can they ask such a dumb question.
However, it was replaced and the replaced one was working fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks