Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2014, 20:06   #1111
BANNED

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Has anyone tried grocery delivery by omart?
Old 31st January 2014, 17:56   #1112
Senior - BHPian

So a stupid mistake cost me around 3k payback points :(

Was completing a an order on ebay when i see i can link my payback with ebay. So i think that is cool. Proceed to do so and voila i get a message saying my 3k points have been redeemed with ebay when i have not even completed the purchase :(

Have sent them a mail asking for a reversal but not much hope with that.
Old 31st January 2014, 20:00   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So a stupid mistake cost me around 3k payback points :(

Was completing a an order on ebay when i see i can link my payback with ebay. So i think that is cool. Proceed to do so and voila i get a message saying my 3k points have been redeemed with ebay when i have not even completed the purchase :(

Have sent them a mail asking for a reversal but not much hope with that.
You haven't mentioned though that DID you eventually completed the purchase? If not, then it is definitely a case to be raised with payback team.

I too encountered heart in my mouth situation (well, not that much, since I redeemed a few hundred points to get whatever reduction in payment, possible at the moment) when payback points got redeemed (after I click redeem or so) I got a message and an email in a jiffy, and still I am in the page with a 'Buy now' button and a small display that says this cannot be done or sounding something similar. But I anyway went ahead with clicking buy now again, and I could see the discount due to payback redemption is indeed applied and then paid thru CC the remaining amount. (The only caveat shown was you cannot apply any more coupons if you had any- and I didn't had any)
Old 31st January 2014, 20:07   #1114
Senior - BHPian

I did mention it saying i did not complete the purchase. Just wanted to check how much the order would come to after payback discount.

But very fast they were
Old 1st February 2014, 20:31   #1115
BHPian

Site for medical stuff. www.surgikart.com . I bought a lumbosacral belt for my mother. Prompt quick delivery.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 1st February 2014 at 20:34.
Old 1st February 2014, 21:02   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Which is the best website to send flowers in delhi?
Old 3rd February 2014, 11:24   #1117
BHPian

Stay away form Infibeam. Order placed on 23rd Jan is yet to be shipped ! Call center tells me that they go out and procure once the order is placed.Net is filled of infibeam stories. My bad, didn't read'em before.Worst of Online shopping experiences.
Old 3rd February 2014, 11:46   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Tried out pepperfry.com and fabfurnish.com for some home decor items recently. pepperfry delivery was delayed considerably even though the product looks good. fabfurnish has a great collection overall and delivery was prompt. Their wall decor section is particularly interesting.
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:46   #1119
Senior - BHPian

@Vasoo: Had favourable experience with fabfurnish as well Have not tried not pepperfry yet. Waiting for some good offers to try out urbanladder.
Old 4th February 2014, 07:42   #1120
BHPian

Mouth watering deals on snapdeals.com where 20-25% discount on home and decor sections. Bought a few branded 7W LED bulbs for just 380/ where the street prices are above 520+. Also ordered Stanley tool kit, some branded mops etc.

Last edited by sajjt : 4th February 2014 at 07:46.
Old 7th February 2014, 14:32   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Stay away form Infibeam. Order placed on 23rd Jan is yet to be shipped ! Call center tells me that they go out and procure once the order is placed.Net is filled of infibeam stories. My bad, didn't read'em before.Worst of Online shopping experiences.
When these guys went to purchase the product in market, they found it's costlier than they sold it for. Now they want me to pay extra Price !!! Such a fraud company I have never seen.

Anyone knows where to file consumer complaints. Don't want to leave these guys just like that cheating in broad daylight.
Old 11th February 2014, 11:33   #1122
BHPian

Hey guys,

A lil help needed regarding Ebay.in , I'm certainly not new to online shopping, I've ordered lots of stuff from flipkart and needless to say, I'm quite happy with the way they deliver but the thing is I need to order a mobile phone and flipkart has a pretty high price. So the other day I was checking out Ebay and found the same phone for a pretty good rate but I have absolutely no idea how good/bad Ebay experience is. I know that there are sellers with some ratings and whatnot. Can anyone give me some tips on how to order a relatively expensive item from ebay? The do's and don'ts.
Old 11th February 2014, 11:42   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Sapna is old bookstore in Bangalore. I recently tried their online shop - https://sapnaonline.com/, since books weren't available on amazon or flipkart. Ordered on 5th Feb noon. Received the books on 7th. Nothing to complain.
Old 11th February 2014, 12:08   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
relatively expensive item from ebay? The do's and don'ts.
Completely depends on seller. What is the rating of seller on ebay?
Old 11th February 2014, 12:30   #1125
Team-BHP Support

Here’s my experience over buying an OEM Polo armrest from AliExpress, China.

Link

Because a member here sourced one through AliExpress sometime back and got his armrest shipped through DHL for under 10k, I thought this was a good deal and decided to buy one from one of the dealers. There are plenty of dealers on AliExpress retailing this armrest so I went by the feedback.

After a few message exchanges, I bought one on 24th December and the dealer shipped it using EMS on 26th December. I must admit, the dealer promptly updated me on all fronts - the type of armrest required (turns out there are 2 types), the shipping information, packing etc. The shipment reached the Ahmedabad Foreign Post Office (FPO) on January 2nd and they sent me a notification card through Registered Post:

Name:  1.png
Views: 12120
Size:  157.7 KB

Name:  2.png
Views: 9683
Size:  88.1 KB

Contacted the FPO and they said that a letter has also been sent to my address which mentioned some documents which were to be self-attested by me and sent to them so they can release the shipment. I never got that letter so they sent it to me over e-mail. These were the documents required from my side:

Quote:
1. Purchase Invoice/Commercial Invoice.
2. Transactions details/payment details.
3. Copy of Import-Export Code Certificate, if any.
4. Technical Write up/Literature/Catalogue of the imported items.
5. Customs Tariff No./HSN No.
6. Duty Exemption Notification no., if intended to claim.
7. Declaration form (completely filled in and stamped) under, rule-10 of Customs Valuation 2007.
8. End Use Certificate on company letter head.
9. In case of free samples, declaration should be filed as per Customs Notification NO.154/94-CUS dated 13.07.1994 along with the copy of IEC.
10. PAN card copy.
11. Declare the value of the goods for assessment purpose, in case of goods received as gift.
12. You are also requested to refer Notification S.O.No.1056(E), dated 31.12.1993 issued by the Ministry of Commerce regarding prohibition of import of goods which are liable for confiscation and release on fine and penalty under the Customs Act,1962.
Documents mentioned in serial nos. 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 and 12 were not applicable to me so those were left out. I sent the remaining documents with a covering letter to the Superintendent of the FPO, Ahmedabad. The shipment was released subsequently and to my shock, I was charged customs duties of Rs. 3700! I was informed by a postman here at Surat over a call that I have to remit this amount and collect the parcel. Paid the amount and collected the shipment on Feb 8th! Almost after 40 days. Total amount paid for the whole thing was 12.4k! I felt pretty bad knowing I could have sourced the armrest locally for ~10k INR and got it shipped within 3-4 days. Regardless, this was an experience!

So here’s the thing - if you intend to purchase anything from AliExpress, insist the dealer to send the shipment via DHL, UPS or FedEx. They charge a nominal amount as customs duties and in most cases, when the shipment is marked as a gift, they will not slap any duties over it. Unlike Post Offices, which do not have an idea of the items in the consignments and the value of it. I did a big mistake and asked the dealer to declare the proper value of the armrest which was 64 USD. The post office might have charged the duties on the basis of weight which was close to 2.5 kg.

But hats off to the dealer - he was extremely prompt and communicative, available over messages and mails 24x7. Packed the armrest properly inside another cardboard box with sufficient polystyrene foam and bubblewraps. I passed him a good feedback despite the ordeal I had to face. He deserved that bit IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks