Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2014, 04:52   #1216
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
A local dealership can help you with inspection of goods, proper deliver timings, and discounts too along with ready service. With an online service, hassles starting once might never end.

Hassles of Billing and Warranty, Defective upon Delivery, Services availability. And most importantly, the hassle of confirming where your money went. A local shop has a face, some helpful people who can be contacted.
I don't think any of this holds true most of the times. Typically for large goods like washing machine, fridge etc., the dealer sells the unit and informs the company; the company then sends a technician to the end user's address for installation and demonstration. This procedure is followed even for online dealers, so the "inspection of goods" is common and not a differentiating factor.

Delivery is usually NBD if you are in a big city in case of a B&M dealer, and upto a week if you order online. But this is something you know upfront when ordering online (and you wouldn't order a washing machine today to meet an urgent need tomorrow, would you?). Sometimes even the B&M dealers don't have stock locally so the lead times might go up.

It is very rare for B&M dealers to price match with online ones (Croma doesn't do it at all, unless you are showing them a discrepancy with their own online price). The place where B&M folks score is if they have exchange offers - even then, in my experience you almost always get better deals if you sell off your old unit separately. When I bought my new fridge the B&M dealer offered an exchange price of Rs. 2500 for the old one (Samsung, 8 years old, 20K original price). I sold it later for Rs. 7500 on Quikr.

And hassles can happen with B&M stores too. If you go with a well-managed online store (Flipkart comes to mind) you are almost guaranteed of a peaceful experience.

Warranty and service, defects on delivery etc. are not handled by the dealer, but the manufacturer. The hassles, if any, are the same here.

Quote:
But, in your case its a suggestive NO
I would say, the biggest trade off is lower price with an extended lead time. Choose your channel based on which of the two is important to you.
Old 15th March 2014, 15:18   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
..... I understand Money holds a value, a great one. ........
Yes, you are absolutely right and that is the reason why I wanted to take the members' opinion based on their experience/perception. Thanks for your prompt response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Here's my experience - go to any Unilet store in Bangalore. Ask them about the model and note their price. Tell them that its available online for Rs xxxxx. They will match the online price (they may look at the website to verify). Their customer service is also good......... .
Thank you CrackedHead. That is an excellent tip. I am going to try it and if Unilet will match the Snapdeal price, there is nothing else one can ask for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
..........the dealer sells the unit and informs the company; the company then sends a technician to the end user's address for installation and demonstration. This procedure is followed even for online dealers, .........
Thanks binand. I always had this doubt whether the online vendor is going to sell it from his stock and transport this large volume white goods all the way from his place or informs the local warehouse of the company in the customer's city to deliver the goods. I still have no answer. The online vendor says " Only two in stock" which would mean that he is going to transport it from his stock and that would increase the chances of transit damage. And as devilwearsprada opines once there is a hassle it is going to be a time-consuming headache to deal with the faceless online portal/vendor. Actually this is one major grey area that is holding me back from placing a large volume, large cost white goods online order.

Considering all these inputs, I would go by CrackedHead's suggestion and see whether Unilet would match the online price. Thank you folks.

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 15th March 2014 at 15:25.
Old 17th March 2014, 09:45   #1218
Senior - BHPian

AMAZON.IN impresses again.

I ordered JBL headphones on Sat 15th March afternoon 12:30 on COD basis. I was given an estimate delivery date of 18th March 2014. The delivery address was my office address. on Sunday 16th March 16:30 i get a call from Amazon person that he is at my office but office is closed. I request them to change delivery address to my residence as we are closed on Monday as well for Dhuleti. They take in the request but also state that delivery happen only on Monday as he is in other side of town. Which was fine by me.

Today morning 9 am, Amazon person calls me asking if its OK to come deliver the package as its Holi festival and I may be occupied playing with colors. SUPER AWESOME. Advised him to come over and guess what, 09:10, he is home.

10/10 service by amazon. 3rd item purchased in last 2 months, impressed each time.

Regards,
Old 17th March 2014, 10:01   #1219
BHPian

Ranchiflorist.com - Good Job!

We all come to expect that website delivering flowers and cakes in bigger cities will work smoothly. However, what happens when you want the same to be done in a small town like Ranchi?

Choose the website, albeit a bit reluctantly and placed an order. And lo and behold, the guy was there at the exact time I expected them to. Impressed with the packaging and punctuality.
Old 17th March 2014, 10:35   #1220
BHPian

How long does it take for Dealextreme packages to be delivered? My order was shipped on 11th March. No tracking number given.
Old 17th March 2014, 10:38   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
How long does it take for Dealextreme packages to be delivered? My order was shipped on 11th March. No tracking number given.
Takes a very long time :(

They officially would quote something like 4-8 weeks.
I placed a couple of orders and both of them were lost in transit. Got a refund though. Off that website now.

The trick if you buy from them is to pay for that tracking number and pay extra and get it shipped fast.
Old 20th March 2014, 01:26   #1222

Re: Polco Sun Blinds...Worth the trouble or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
I bought it from polcoindia.com only.

There is a shipping charge with orders for Rs 100, so the total comes out to be Rs 849.

Their cover is extremely good and keeps the car cool.
Hi There,

I actually came across this thread after I had a hint that I was a victim of Online Fraud.

I ordered the Polco Dupont Tyvek cover for my Civic online at polcoindia.com

Been over two weeks and they haven't even updated the shipment status, so I am very sure that I am not receiving this product.

Have tried the "Helpline", form and emailing them, but obviously, they don't work as this is a scam website.

Did you manage to get your product delivered at all ? Or the money was all gone ?
Old 20th March 2014, 11:29   #1223
BHPian

HI All,

Has anyone tried WWW.EACHBUYER.COM. This website does seems to have lucrative prices, so any feedback is welcome.

The reason for asking is that this is the only website where i could find a 5000K HID. Though I am looking for a 4300K or 3000K
Here is the link of the two Items i am interested in.:

5000k HID for 600 Rs.
http://www.eachbuyer.com/2-x-car-aut...0k-p32818.html

Central Locking Kit: for 2552 Rs.
http://www.eachbuyer.com/2-4-door-re...12v-p7283.html

Regards,
Saurabh.
Old 20th March 2014, 11:40   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
HI All,

Has anyone tried WWW.EACHBUYER.COM.
I couldn't get bracket for my Garmin device anywhere and the price on eachbuyer was 100 rupees. I decided to go ahead since risk was small & received after a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I bought Garmin mount cradle bracket @ http://www.eachbuyer.com/. Paid via Paypal. Received after 40 days. This is same like dx.com.
Old 20th March 2014, 11:57   #1225
BHPian

Any reliable place where I can order "Twin Barrel Foot Pump" online.

My manual hand one conked off. Need it for filling my bicycle and car tyres.

Pointers are highly appreciated
Old 20th March 2014, 12:25   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I couldn't get bracket for my Garmin device anywhere and the price on eachbuyer was 100 rupees. I decided to go ahead since risk was small & received after a month.
Where is the thanks button?

Thanks msdivy. Apologies I should have searched the forum first. The website/owner is based out of US & claims to delivere across 200 countries & can be the reason for such a loooong delivery time.

As yours was priced at a very lower level was worth a risk; my order(s) touch a price of 3000Rs+, so would still wait to find another website. will search the 'ebay-global' again, thoroughly..

Thanks,
Saurabh.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 20th March 2014 at 12:27.
Old 20th March 2014, 12:57   #1227
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought some hygiene products from Healthkart.com recently and wanted to update my experience here.

Online shopping experience: 4/5- The website is reasonably well laid-out and categorized but Search could be better implemented, compared to Amazon or flipkart. Product details also could be worked on. Checkout is smooth. COD option offered.

Merchandise: 3/5- Considering that they offer niche medical products, it is rather annoying that they do not have stock in certain sizes. In fact this caused some confusion and I ended up ordering a wrong size in one of the products (more on this later).

Logistics & Delivery: 5/5
- no complaints at all. Not only did they deliver it on time, they also arranged for pickup for a product return. Everything through FedEx, very smooth and professional. Thoroughly impressed.

Customer Support: 5/5- I ordered two products and both unfortunately I couldn't use. One was through my own carelessness- ordered a Large size instead of the Medium that we needed. They were kind enough to accept that as a product return since the product was unopened. The other product was in the correct size but when opened to use turned out to be smaller than advertised. Since the product was labelled by the manufacturer, Healthkart said they could not replace it themselves but they urged me to write in with details (including a photo) and forwarded the complaint to the manufacturer for further action. Nothing came of it, but it was a good gesture.

Payments & Refunds: 5/5
- COD option was used for payment. My product return could not be replaced for stock issues so they sent me a refund by cheque.

Definitely would use again. Their customer service guys are most helpful and responsive.
Old 21st March 2014, 04:56   #1228
BHPian

I regularly purchase stuff online. Find it very convenient. Usually stick to Flipkart, given its great service history, but my last experience with them makes me think they are headed downwards.

Summary
1. Purchased shoes from Flipkart, delivered in BLR in 2 days (typical of FK).
2. Shoes too big, ordered for replacement of lower size.
3. Replacement shipped immediately, next morning got an SMS indicating person out for delivery. Here is where things start to go bad.
4. Flipkart raises the cost of the product. Thus suddenly, the replacement request is cancelled (even after status says "Product out for delivery").
5. Get an SMS from FK - Replacement request has been cancelled based on "your request". How convenient.
6. Speak to CC, they agree to process a refund. This is on 15 March.
7. Get an SMS next day, that person is on way to pick up the order.
8. Later that evening, get another SMS, pickup has been rescheduled as per "Your Request".
9. Send a stinker to FK. Hide lousy service in the name of "Client's request". Ask them to share details of "my request". no response.
10. Promise a priority pickup in 24 hours. Nothing happens.
11. Escalate again after 24 hours, get an email saying product will be definitely picked in 24-48 hours.
12. 48+ hours after the last email, and nothing has changed.

Is Flipkart service going down or what? Their HSR hub is just next door. Just feel like going there and just dumping their stuff, but then I could have put in that effort during the purchasing step and have avoided all this hassle.

Last edited by sachinayak : 21st March 2014 at 04:58.
Old 21st March 2014, 07:31   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Any reliable place where I can order "Twin Barrel Foot Pump" online.

My manual hand one conked off. Need it for filling my bicycle and car tyres.

Pointers are highly appreciated
Consider buying a Giyo floor pump (decent 1000-1100 ish price). Does the job eloquently well - happy user since 3+ years. Most regular Foot pumps can't handle roadbike pressures afaik.
Old 21st March 2014, 11:23   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Consider buying a Giyo floor pump (decent 1000-1100 ish price). Does the job eloquently well - happy user since 3+ years. Most regular Foot pumps can't handle roadbike pressures afaik.
Thanks a ton buddy for your guidance.

Can you kindly point me out to the right direction where we could purchase it ?

Does the nozzle be fitting for regular BSA cycles ?

Appreciate your help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks