Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2014, 22:20   #1276
BANNED

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This is a recent development, it wasn't like this before. We never had any sales tax problems till now for high or low value items purchased online.
Yea its very irritating, i have been buying high value electronics goods online for last 6 years or so never had this problem till now in Kerala. Stores here in calicut have bloated prices for consumer goods.
I had to buy a mobile from flipkart but no seller ships to kerala now.

Why is this happening any idea?, can a state demand extra taxes like this if they want to?
Old 6th April 2014, 09:23   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Customer service of Amazon India is severely lacking, i had great expectations from them because of the Amazon name. I have tried all three methods of contacting Amazon India CS - Email, Chat & Phone. The emails to CS is not answered promptly requiring a follow up in chat at the end of the day; in a difficult situation like now their chat representative simply logs off without answering its just like hanging up on you; phone option provides hope while talking to the CS executive and they talk about escalation but nothing happened.

They are ruining the Amazon.com goodwill and their motto of building the most customer centric company in the world.

Btw this was an Amazon fulfilled order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Why is this happening any idea?, can a state demand extra taxes like this if they want to?
Not sure why. Year end frenzy in filling up the Govt coffers? I hope whatever the problem is it is soon sorted out.
Old 6th April 2014, 16:52   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Anyone here faced a non delivery issue with Amazon.in due to wrong pricing of product?
Was searching for a nikon digicam and found a very good deal on Amazon yesterday. While Ebay & Flipkart were retailing at 9.9K, This seller or Amazon had priced it at 6.5K.

I placed the order yesterday and got the confirmation mail from Amazon. Today i checked the price of the same product on Amazon and it has been revised to 9.9K. I have this sinking feeling that Amazon/Seller is not going to ship the product.

Anyone have a similar experience??
The camera was delivered exactly on the day and time that amazon had specified. Was an Amazon fulfilled order and the packing was impeccable. Even the serial number on the invoice is correct and the camera works like a charm. Looks like the other .coms will have a fight on their hands specially Flipkart
Old 6th April 2014, 19:16   #1279
BHPian

Tata Motors memorabilia is available at 50% off on Ebay.in (in addition to 10% off which was there earlier).

Scale model of Nano and the clock looks interesting. Interested folks - take a look:
http://deals.ebay.in/tatanano/index.html

Edit: was keen to start a new thread titled "Tata Nano at 50% off", but decided not to :P Would've done it if it was April 1st today!

Last edited by null : 6th April 2014 at 19:20.
Old 6th April 2014, 20:24   #1280
Senior - BHPian

The estimated delivery date for my order was 2nd April, if i had known what was going to happen i would have purchased a camera from a local shop. Now because of this ill fated purchase i'm out of 31000 rupees and a camera. There are some holidays coming next week and a family get together and looks like I will be without a camera and money.
The Online Shopping Thread-amazonorder.jpg

Or is this a ploy by Amazon.in? On the very next day after my purchase of this camera Amazon.in increased the price by 3700/- (same seller). They have maintained the higher price till now.
The Online Shopping Thread-amazon-increased-price.jpg
Please note the pincode - Amazon.in is still saying that they can deliver this item to my pincode in 2 to 4 business days. My order placed in 29th March is still undelivered after 7 business days.
Old 6th April 2014, 20:54   #1281
Distinguished - BHPian

This is very strange. Amazon.com customer service is outsourced to Chennai. I used to know an American lady who worked there. I don't think you would have got such bad response on an American order --- so why is Amazon.in treating you like this? Do they not know that their standards should be international, because failure will reflect on their reputation internationally?

Hoping you get resolution soon.
Old 7th April 2014, 08:52   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Amazon India - Pathetic customer care

I expected Amazon.COM's level of quality of service and quick resolutions in case of any problems from Amazon.IN. That is the only reason why I ordered this from them. On March 29th Flipkart too had similar pricing for this DSLR but i chose to buy it from Amazon.IN because of outstanding service and resolutions i have received from Amazon.COM always. I know if something goes wrong with an Amazon.com fulfilled order i will get my money back. Amazon earned my loyalty but their Amazon India operations turned out to be farce.

You wouldn't believe this, on Saturday night i contacted the CC through chat and was chatting with a lady CC executive, when asked why my order wasn't cancelled and issued a refund (as promised by them in the afternoon in a telephone conversation) she said they can only issue refund once the item is returned. I told her i don't have the item with me to return it to Amazon as it was not delivered. She just left the conversation after that.

This kind of behaviour is unheard of from an Amazon.COM executive. I've been an Amazon.COM customer since 2009 and this is the first bad experience i'm having from Amazon.
Old 7th April 2014, 11:39   #1283
BHPian

An experience with Flipkart - some garments were ordered, and were delivered on Wednesday. Found that one of them did not fit, and another one had a style that was not to our taste. So we filed for a return on Wednesday evening. The e-kart guy picked up the merchandise on Thu, and refund was credited on Saturday!! All through this period, multiple SMS and email alerts kept us informed on the status of the return - pretty much the same way as a delivery is tracked. Impressive!!
Old 7th April 2014, 11:54   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The estimated delivery date for my order was 2nd April, if i had known what was going to happen i would have purchased a camera from a local shop. Now because of this ill fated purchase i'm out of 31000 rupees and a camera.
There are reports of multiple e-Commerce sites having trouble delivering to Kerala over the past couple of weeks. I think it is somewhat related to the financial troubles the GoK found itself in at the end of the financial year (widely reported in the vernacular press). It appears to me that they attempted to collect sales tax on goods whose sale was recorded in other states (e-Commerce purchases) and the shipping companies refused to pay up.
Old 7th April 2014, 13:16   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back posts; had overshot the 30-minute window.

Just came across this interview of Amazon's India country manager:

http://www.firstbiz.com/corporate/am...nch-81383.html

Astounding stuff: "Amazon is now selling 15 million products across 20 product categories. That makes Amazon bigger than Flipkart as well as Snapdeal."
Old 7th April 2014, 13:22   #1286
BHPian

Here is my recent experience

1. Nexus 5 from ebay on 31st March ( Holiday) at 10:40 PM and it was delivered the very next day at 1 PM ( 1st April) via normal shipping. This is mind boggling super fast delivery . The packaging was top notch too

2. Xbox 360 controller from Flipkart on 4th April, was delivered on 6th April. Packing could have been better
Old 7th April 2014, 15:05   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
There are reports of multiple e-Commerce sites having trouble delivering to Kerala over the past couple of weeks. I think it is somewhat related to the financial troubles the GoK found itself in at the end of the financial year (widely reported in the vernacular press). It appears to me that they attempted to collect sales tax on goods whose sale was recorded in other states (e-Commerce purchases) and the shipping companies refused to pay up.
Yes that seems to be the case.
Amazon India had two options 1) Stop shipping to Kerala like others did or 2) Notify the customer in advance that additional charges maybe levied by the state in which case i wouldn't have bought it. They didn't do either and because of that money is stuck with Amazon and the camera at sales tax. Anyway i am not going to pay any extra cash, this mess is Amazon and FedEx responsibility.
Amazon product page is still saying that they can deliver this product to 695012 in 2 to 4 business days
Old 8th April 2014, 11:16   #1288
J.Ravi

Snapdeal's lethargic attitude

First time I am experiencing the lethargic, careless attitude of snapdeal.com. I ordered a set of 2 packs of My Shaldan on 4 April 2014. Till today, I didn't get any information on the expected date of shipment or delivery. When I raised a ticket, I received this reply:

The Online Shopping Thread-screenshot_20140408111044.png

I don't know what's in store for me after 48 hours.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 8th April 2014 at 11:20.

Old 8th April 2014, 12:00   #1289
J.Ravi

Items just now received

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
First time I am experiencing the lethargic, careless attitude of snapdeal.com.
Just a few minutes back, I received the items delivered by Blue Dart. Some communication gap between the seller and snapdeal.com resulted in not informing me of the date of shipping and expected date of delivery.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 8th April 2014 at 12:01.

Old 9th April 2014, 12:29   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amazon India - Pathetic customer care

Quote:
I expected Amazon.COM's level of quality of service and quick resolutions in case of any problems from Amazon.IN. That is the only reason why I ordered this from them. On March 29th Flipkart too had similar pricing for this DSLR but i chose to buy it from Amazon.IN because of outstanding service and resolutions i have received from Amazon.COM always. I know if something goes wrong with an Amazon.com fulfilled order i will get my money back. Amazon earned my loyalty but their Amazon India operations turned out to be farce.

You wouldn't believe this, on Saturday night i contacted the CC through chat and was chatting with a lady CC executive, when asked why my order wasn't cancelled and issued a refund (as promised by them in the afternoon in a telephone conversation) she said they can only issue refund once the item is returned. I told her i don't have the item with me to return it to Amazon as it was not delivered. She just left the conversation after that.

This kind of behaviour is unheard of from an Amazon.COM executive. I've been an Amazon.COM customer since 2009 and this is the first bad experience i'm having from Amazon.
Amazon still have not delivered the product or issued me a refund. Tomorrow is a holiday and next week there are hardly one or two working days.

Contacting Amazon customer care is like dealing with a bunch of monkeys. None have the authority to do anything other than chant what has been taught. You can't talk to escalation team either, they can be contacted internally only by monkeys on our behalf.

Full history here. I made a thread because i think it deserves more attention.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...pt-refund.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks