Team-BHP - The Online Shopping Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Online Shopping Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/22122-online-shopping-thread-9.html)

I have purchased many a things from ebay.in and ebay.com (for the items where shipping is either free or comparatively low). Have tried Amazon.com for a couple of items, but then either the shipping is prohibitive or the item is banned for sending to india (I wanted a parang). Had very bad experiences with Indiatimes shopping and their customer care is not even worth a paisa.

Overall, I find it ok to shop on eBay. Just that I do compare the prices to that available in local market and trade-off any expenditure that would incur if I had to drive to any place to get them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver
I have purchased many a things from ebay.in and ebay.com (for the items where shipping is either free or comparatively low). Have tried Amazon.com for a couple of items, but then either the shipping is prohibitive or the item is banned for sending to india (I wanted a parang). Had very bad experiences with Indiatimes shopping and their customer care is not even worth a paisa.

Overall, I find it ok to shop on eBay. Just that I do compare the prices to that available in local market and trade-off any expenditure that would incur if I had to drive to any place to get them.

Dude,

Its fact that everyone knows EBay should be the first choice in online purchases as the Ebay Guarantee takes care of the money you have paid. Even I used to buy a lot items from them and till date I've no bitter experience with them and I used to get some nice deals rom them too.

Here I was referring to the Amazon's Indian portal which offers the items on Amazon and you can pay the money in Indian currency. I would love to hear from a buyer from that site about the reliability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajjt (Post 2383488)
Hello guys,

Recently happened to bump on to this site.

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Its an Indian version of Amazon with the Indian currency payment option I guess as the prices listed in Indian currency. I want to know this is a reliable one like Amazon.com?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajjt (Post 2387817)
Here I was referring to the Amazon's Indian portal which offers the items on Amazon and you can pay the money in Indian currency. I would love to hear from a buyer from that site about the reliability.

Are you talking about the above site given in your post which links to Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more ?

I'd be skeptic to buy anything from anywhere which hasn't got it's own domain. This is kind of spoofing the address by keeping it similar to Amazon and trying to make it look like Amazon's Indian version. I'm sure one complain to Amazon will result in closure of the site (which probably has already been done). It's better to use Super Saver offer from Amazon UK (not available on US site), which offers free shipping.

Just go to Amazon.co.uk and follow the below guidelines.Here are some more additional guides:Hope this helps for some good shopping. :)

I never buy online because I do not have a credit card ( I just chose not to keep one ). Have survived so far :)

However I was looking for a 17 - 18'' Laptop Bag which I could not find anywhere in the market in delhi and so I started looking online. OF course there was e-bay which had a few.

I accidently stumbled upon Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Camera Store and I found my laptop ( Belkin ) bag there at 30% cheaper than e-bay.

And the best part was it had an option of pay COD cash on delivery which I opted for.

I ordered this bag today morning and got a call in the afternoon from Bangalore confirming the order.

I will put my review here once I get the bag.

I buy lots of things online from ebay.in, ebay.com, ebay.uk, Amazon.com, letsbuy.com, buytheprice.com .....and list goes on.

Some of them gives a very good deal. e.g I bought a 1TB 2.5" seagate external HDD for 3.7K shipped from Letsbuy after applying a 15% off coupon. Market price is around 4.7K AFAIK.

Is it preferable to buy from Flipkart.com. I was surfing through and found many electronic gadgets are very fairly priced and worth. But i seriously do not know of the quality of the products they deliver. Has anyone transacted with then earlier. Do anyone suggest buying from them or any different opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rki2007 (Post 2400996)
Is it preferable to buy from Flipkart.com. I was surfing through and found many electronic gadgets are very fairly priced and worth. But i seriously do not know of the quality of the products they deliver. Has anyone transacted with then earlier. Do anyone suggest buying from them or any different opinion.

Yes, the prices are extremely competitive on Flipkart, the only negative my friend's have faced is that the courier takes time to reach home. I takes about a week to reach, and one of my friend wasn't impressed with the quality of packing (the others found it satisfactory), but the product had no problems whatsoever. I suggest you purchase from Flipkart unless you need it ASAP within a couple of days. They also support COD (Cash On Delivery) which is pretty convenient. Other options could be Infibeam, Naaptol and Tradus.

eBay is my fav online stores and bought tons of Auto mobile, electronics items, my Bikes specially RD is almost 60% made from eBay spares.
Other online shopping i do from amazon, hvccycle, apachamotorcycles, boats.net, reproductiondecails.com, nwvintage.com etc all I saved in my favourite.

Anybody having experience shopping with Adexmart?

I frequently shop with ebay, Flipkart, etc.

Of late the quality of many products on ebay has gone down & Customer is not great either.

I had placed an order on flipkart, for a book, yesterday at 2.48 pm IST. Today, just after 1pm IST, the package had already arrived at my home in Pune. :thumbs up
Some ebay vendors are good too (I have stuck only to power sellers) , especially if they seem to have a good feedback.

when ever you buy anything online, try to check if cash on delivery is available, which guarantees that the product is genuine and you can see it before paying..

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 2401760)
when ever you buy anything online, try to check if cash on delivery is available, which guarantees that the product is genuine and you can see it before paying..

I guess you haven't tried this option. Under COD option, the item will be on your doorsteps and once you pay the money only you can open it and have a feel of it. The only option is left for you is, in case the package is in a bad shape you can deny it without any hesitation unlike the other online payments, your money is with you only that moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajjt (Post 2401808)
I guess you haven't tried this option. Under COD option, the item will be on your doorsteps and once you pay the money only you can open it and have a feel of it. The only option is left for you is, in case the package is in a bad shape you can deny it without any hesitation unlike the other online payments, your money is with you only that moment.

well, last week i purchased a fish bowl from snal deal..prior to that I purchased a wrist watch from deals & you...i did see the product and then I paid..i dont know what did you buy because it depends on product to product..
btw did some 1 rob you by selling some broken product?

Ebay has been the favorite for ages. Of late, Flipkart has been doing awesome business too. I for one, love their shipping. Whoever they use, the guarantee a 2-3 days delivery, but most of the times, it reaches well before that!

P.S: Technically, all those who book tickets throught makemytrip, cleartrip or the likes, do buy online :)

EDIT: Nick17s: Yes I have been delivered a broken/not working product once. This was on Ebay. However, contact with the seller and a not so good feedback did bring around a change. He promptly replaced the faulty one with a new product, and also paid for the shipping.

@inamdar: hmm thats great..i only do online transactions to book movie tickets and pay my airtel bill..