Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 21:15   #1336
BHPian

Has anyone ordered or heard of Kaunsa.com? Came across the site through an emailer. The site has some really good watches at extremely discounted rates but it has shady written all over it, no cash on delivery , very high discounts, no reviews from buyers. Just wanted to check if anyone has ordered from here?
Old 13th May 2014, 21:18   #1337
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
They are handing out 75k free subscriptions (3 months), register for that. If you are a regular, might just get it.

I have indeed registered.
As a member of Amazon Prime, I do appreciate the quality and differentiation.
Old 13th May 2014, 21:23   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Snapdeal has got some goo deals these days. Bought a Citizen Ecodrive Titanium wrist watch for just 20K INR. This watch otherwise sells for 27 k INR

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos

Buying watches online is a bit risky as there are too many replicas out there. I bought a casio edifice and ended up with a replica. Problem is it is difficult to spot a replica. In my case i used it for more than a year before i realised that what i have is a replica.
Old 13th May 2014, 21:49   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Buying watches online is a bit risky as there are too many replicas out there. I bought a casio edifice and ended up with a replica. Problem is it is difficult to spot a replica. In my case i used it for more than a year before i realised that what i have is a replica.

Which website did you buy from ? I always thought Snapdeal was reliable.
Still thanks for letting me know. I will check on this product at the citizen showroom.

Old 14th May 2014, 08:37   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

Which website did you buy from ? I always thought Snapdeal was reliable.
Still thanks for letting me know. I will check on this product at the citizen showroom.

I bought from ebay. It is the seller, not ebay/snapdeal/amazon that cheats. Even in amazon, I once ended with on fake "SanDisk" pen drive from seller called gadgetsguru.
Old 15th May 2014, 05:51   #1341
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Irritated with FlipKart and have written them the following letter;

Hi

I have been a regular customer with you for 7 years. Long before you reached the present position as the 'poster boys' of Indian E-Commerce.

In these 7 years as a consumer I have only had first class experiences with you and treatment from you. I have always considered you to be one of my favourite e commerce stores along with Amazon.com and sendit.com.

I must mention that all this while, your delivery boys have been peacefully delivering books and other stuff to my home in HSR Layout, Bangalore.There is always someone at home to receive the parcels.

I have had a total of three poor experiences with you so far in my entire association:
1. I ordered a 'Barfi' Music CD a year and a half ago. It reached but did not work. Upon complaining, and waiting for a bit, it was replaced.

2. I ordered a book a year or so ago - Asterix and the Picts. It was delivered in quite sadly shop-soiled condition. I complained but was told that there was absolutely no stock available and hence would have to cancel it and wait to order it again, so I decided to keep it. I was also told at the time that I could register for a return and that someone would contact me once the stock became available. I did so, but no one contacted me after that.

3. Now, I recently ordered two books a couple of weeks ago. Apparently both of these had to be sourced from abroad because they are not very easily available here. I was given a date of May 21st, by which these books were to be delivered.

Then, imagine my deep surprise and irritation when I suddenly received two sms messages out of the blue, the day before yesterday, from you, stating that my telephone number was 'unreachable' and therefore the books could not be delivered!

Then again yesterday, I received a couple of text messages saying that the books were out for delivery and would be delivered to me by 7pm.

Since they did not arrive, I called your customer care and they also confirmed the books were out for delivery and that I would get them by 7-7.30pm. Nothing happened at all, post this conversation/ assurance.

Then, upon waking up early this morning and checking my mail, I find two emails from your team, sitting in my inbox and stating the following:

1. 'Return Requested'
2. 'Courier partner unable to deliver'
3. 'Order cancelled and refund initiated.'

I have attached screen-shots of these with this mail, for you to see for yourself.

By now, you ought to have realized that I personally never ever cancel anything that I order and I always pay upfront with my credit card or gift card or whatever.

If you go over my consumer behavioural history, you will see the kind of stuff that I normally buy from you.

I am extremely disappointed with these occurrences and do not understand how your courier delivery people can literally tell such miserable lies.

Even more irritatingly, as per the mail screen shots attached, these books were supposed to have been shipped and delivered by WS Retail, which is your own entity and actually has been delivering to my house for 7 years! I could probably have forgiven you for this had it been some poor marketplace partner of your trying to fumble through and reach the products to my house in this huge maze of HSR layout!

The funny part is that you have now launched FlipKart First and since it is clearly a clone of Amazon Prime, I might well join up! This is only in my consideration set because I am an Amazon Prime member and love their service. However, the recent inefficiencies in your delivery systems as outlined above, cause me to wonder whether indeed I should trust Flipkart First!

By now, you guys are heavily into Big Data and Analysis and all the rest of it. However, all that is of no use, if the basic delivery process is called into question. I am an old and loyal consumer and expect nothing more and nothing less than good merchandise selection in the categories if my choice, decent, fair, pricing, good service and fulfilment of your delivery promise as stated while making the order. I do not seek your approbation via loyalty points or any other 'consumer sops'. All I want is pucca, on time delivery.

I would appreciate it greatly if you can please source and deliver these books for me at the earliest because I really want to add them to my collection.

I look forward to your reply along with prompt and positive resolution.

Thank you,

Shankar Balan

Shankar Balan
Old 15th May 2014, 10:03   #1342
Senior - BHPian

I placed my first order with Urban Ladder yesterday and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Considering the fact that this is my first online furniture purchase I don't know what to expect as of now. Once the product is delivered I will update this thread.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:39   #1343
BHPian

Flipkart Moto E

I've ordered flipkart Moto E, yesterday. I didn't any ebook in the library as promised. The back cover is not on sale so can't avail the 50% discount now? How to avail 50% discount on 8 GB mem card? And the phone was out of stock. Bad experience.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:46   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Re: Flipkart Moto E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
I've ordered flipkart Moto E, yesterday. I didn't any ebook in the library as promised. The back cover is not on sale so can't avail the 50% discount now? How to avail 50% discount on 8 GB mem card? And the phone was out of stock. Bad experience.
I do not know about the e-books, but it was mentioned that the 50% discount for back cover and memory card is for future purchase, when they have those in stock. Please send them a mail regarding the same, on 1) whether they will notify you of availability of the memory card and back cover 2) where to download the e-books from.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:50   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I placed my first order with Urban Ladder yesterday and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Considering the fact that this is my first online furniture purchase I don't know what to expect as of now. Once the product is delivered I will update this thread.
I've ordered multiple things from UL - Coffee Table, Sofa Set, Dining Table and side tables. You can be assured that they'll deliver on time. Once there was a delay in getting one of my product, so they offered me a 5% discount for a 3 days wait and additional 5% discount on my next purchase (which was the dinning table and I saved about Rs. 1500 there). Also, they're very prompt in customer support. Hope you have a good experience with them.
Old 15th May 2014, 11:25   #1346
BHPian

Recently ordered an item from snapdeal,it was dispatched on friday and reached hyd. on sat , it took 3 days for the clowns at bluedart to delivery at my address which is 2 kms away from their local office and above this wrong update about shipment - client not reachable, wrong pincode etc .

I guess the last mile conectivity needs to be robust ,amazon is very prompt with this and their tracking data is very accurate and reliable .
Old 15th May 2014, 13:00   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I've ordered multiple things from UL - Coffee Table, Sofa Set, Dining Table and side tables. You can be assured that they'll deliver on time. Once there was a delay in getting one of my product, so they offered me a 5% discount for a 3 days wait and additional 5% discount on my next purchase (which was the dinning table and I saved about Rs. 1500 there). Also, they're very prompt in customer support. Hope you have a good experience with them.
Thanks for the assurance dude. Lets see how it goes coz I have plenty of stuff from them on my wishlist .
Old 15th May 2014, 17:48   #1348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Irritated with FlipKart and have written them the following letter
Haha, one Balan writes to Flipkart while the other does to Snapdeal!

I had ordered a pair of shoes from Snapdeal last month and they shipped the wrong one. Actually, the images on their website was of the wrong model which I came to know of from the model no. later on. Sent the shoes back to Snapdeal and have been following up with the customer support for over 10 days but never got the refund. Sent a mail to the site's founders today morn, CC’ing to support.

Quote:
Sub: Poor experience with Snapdeal's customer support - Refund not issued for over 10 days

Dear Mr. Kunal/Mr. Rohit,

Good day to both of you!

My name is Ganesh Balan and I work for L&T at Surat, Gujarat as a design engineer in the ship-building sector. I have been dealing with your esteemed e-commerce portal for close to an year now and have been quite satisfied with the overall experience. The registered mail ID with Snapdeal is xxxx@gmail.com and my personal order history crosses the Rs. 1.3 lakh mark. No, I am not a dealer nor do I run any business - I am a mere home user just like the others. I sincerely hope Snapdeal would treat me as a valuable customer!

I would like to bring to your notice the last trading experience which has been terrible and has forced me to send this mail to the founders directly! I am forced to write to both of you directly because your customer support team has been very incompetent and other than giving vague promises and assurances, I have not got back the refund for the item I have returned back to Snapdeal.

To give you a quick rundown of the events:

23 April 2014 - Bought a pair of Lee Cooper Derby Shoes - Order No. 1994207236 based on the images displayed on the link. The MRP is Rs. 2499 but after applying a coupon code, I purchased it for Rs. 1675. (Link - http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lee-...rby/1456054273)

28 April 2014 - Received the shoes but found out that they are not as per the images displayed in the link. A wrong product was delivered. Please have a look at the images displayed in the link above and the ones I have enclosed in this mail.

29 April 2014 - I sent a mail to Snapdeal notifying them of the same and enclosing all the snaps with the relevant details. I have also specified that I shall be returning back the shoes through DTDC courier as I will not be at home when Snapdeal’s appointed courier service comes knocking at the door. The mail is enclosed for your reference.

1 May 2014 - I sent the return consignment to Snapdeal through DTDC.

2 May 2014 - I sent a mail to Snapdeal’s customer support informing them of the return consignment and the snap of the docket slip issued by DTDC. The mail is enclosed for your reference.

4 May 2014 - Snapdeal replied back informing me that the Courier Charges REFUND is now PROCESSED. Rs. 260 was credited back to my account as SD Cash. That was quick and really appreciated.

5 May 2014 - The return consignment is delivered at Jasper Infotech, Delhi.

6 May 2014 - I sent a mail informing to Snapdeal’s customer support informing them that the return shipment has reached Snapdeal and requested them to process the refund as I need to purchase another pair of shoes. The mail is enclosed for your reference.

7 May 2014 - Snapdeal replied back informing me that the complaint number is 6281070 and they would do the needful.

8 May 2014 - The refund did not reflect in my account and since Snapdeal has a 24 hour waiting period for the SD cash to be refunded, I sent another mail requesting them to look into the issue. The mail is enclosed for your reference.

No refunds were issued still.

12 May 2014 - Tired of all the mail-baaji, I picked up the phone and called the customer support number (92126 92126) and the lady assured me that the refund would be credited.

The refunds still did not reflect.

14 May 2014 - I called the customer support number once again and the guy assured me that he has forwarded my concern to the relevant team and they would look into the issue ASAP.

15 May 2014 - Today! No refunds have reflected in the account so far.

Is this how Snapdeal works Mr. Kunal/Mr. Rohit? Aren’t customers your most important and valuable assets? At some point in both of your lives, you have perhaps gone through a similar ordeal I am sure and had to follow up with the customer support for some petty issue. Please do not make the customer go merry-go-round for issues like these. All I want is a simple refund of Rs. 1675 in the form of SD cash. I am not even asking your team to credit back the amount to the credit card which was used for the transaction. How hard can this be? Please ask your support team to work with a bit of sincerity and dedication. This will go a long way in ensuring that your business thrives during hard times when countless e-commerce sites sprout every other hour! One bad customer would spoil a whole lot of business when he dissuades his friends, colleagues and relatives from using a shop/restaurant/e-com site etc. due to the bad experience he/she has had. Moreover, your call center needs to ensure that they forward the issues to your support team properly so they are attended to and closed on time.

Please refund me the amount of Rs. 1675 to my account - that’s my only request right now.

Good luck and best wishes to both of you and your team!

Regards,
Ganesh Balan
Got a response within 20 minutes after the mail was sent and the amount was refunded back as SD cash. Ordered another pair instantly. Blazing fast response but do these companies always expect the customer to write to the CEOs every time for such petty issues?!
Old 15th May 2014, 18:14   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart has become kind of irritating. 99% of the sellers do not ship to one of the biggest cities like PUNE.

Only WSRETAIL ship to Pune. This is kind of stuff that one cannot digest in todays era.

Come-on , you cant ship a parcel to Pune ? Boss you are the loser
Old 15th May 2014, 18:47   #1350
BHPian

Flipkart is becoming so arrogant these days. Had placed two orders for Nikon Coolpix 6500. One order being for me paid via Citi Cc and the other COD to madurai which happens to be for my friend. FK successfully proceeds with the CC order but I get a mail that the COD order has been canceled.

" Greetings from Flipkart.com!

You made an excellent choice by deciding to purchase one of the top selling products on Flipkart. However due to high demand for this item and in order to provide all customers an equal opportunity to avail this great deal we had to cancel following items in your order."

Now when I contact their customer care they wanted me to create a new account with them and when I said I don't have any other email I'd the customer care officer says he himself has 5 email ids and 3 mobile numbers. It was shocking to see the way they talk to a customer :(

After contacting another customer care officer through their chat he insisted the same cod it is their new policy. If that's the case I asked to cancel all my pending orders namely a Moto E and the other camera as well. Once I said this he asks me to go ahead and place the order again and he'll make sure it doesn't not get canceled again. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by smrtdvl : 15th May 2014 at 18:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks