Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 22:53   #1396
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I had prepaid and ordered an item from Amazon.in, but the shipment was returned back to the seller as the courier had regulatory problems in the state of Kerala.
What is happening with shipments to Kerala? My zovi.com prepaid order had the same fate and is under process for refund. And flipkart.com has stopped COD to my place for some time now.
Old 31st May 2014, 10:31   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
What is happening with shipments to Kerala? My zovi.com prepaid order had the same fate and is under process for refund. And flipkart.com has stopped COD to my place for some time now.
Some people I have checked with suggest that the problem could be due to Kerala Commercial Taxes Department refusing to process input tax credit (under interstate commerce rules) for e-commerce vendors.

Update: not unilaterally, but citing insufficient documentation accompanying e-commerce shipments.

Last edited by binand : 31st May 2014 at 10:33.
Old 31st May 2014, 10:45   #1398
Senior - BHPian

the problem is at the courier end, in flipkart's case it is blue dart's lack of compliance. They have to provide copy of id and VAT paid to process shipment. Due to huge volume of shipment they cannot provide these details to tax dept at the moment. If you select ebay, then the sellers use smaller courier companies and they manage to ship it pretty fine.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:36   #1399
BHPian

Placed an COD order for Jopasu in Snapdeal. Dealing with these guys for the first time. Hope they wont disappoint.

The status of my order still shows as In Progress :(

Last edited by dre@ms : 2nd June 2014 at 11:38.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:59   #1400
Distinguished - BHPian

Placed CoD orders at Snapdeal for 3 products. Shows in progress. Lets see when I get the products.
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:02   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Placed an COD order for Jopasu in Snapdeal. Dealing with these guys for the first time. Hope they wont disappoint.

The status of my order still shows as In Progress :(
Ordered 4 products in the month of May. 2 got delivered on time, good packing and tracking information.

Product - 3 (Hummer SUV toy) - 9 days after ordering, got an email from snapdeal that it will be delayed by another 4 days. After waiting for 4 more days, it got automatically cancelled . Ordered the same on Flipkart, difference in pricing was around 100 rupees, opted for standard shipping (takes 3 days), the product got delivered the next day.

Product - 4 (Fog lights) - Same story here, they have requested for extension, mostly likely it will get auto cancelled.
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:01   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Guys I want to get one of these http://www.amazon.com/dp/ASIN/B00777...irillopicks-20

I have never purchased anything from Amazon.com in my life.

Can I have some pointers here while making cross-country transactions?
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:28   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Since this order is "Fulfilled by Amazon", deliver should be quite straightforward.

Amazon will show total cost (item + shipping + customs duty + handling) before payment and will take care of everything.

Though returns would not be possible if item is defective (I.e. shipping would be way costlier than item itself).
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:32   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Since this order is "Fulfilled by Amazon", deliver should be quite straightforward.

Amazon will show total cost (item + shipping + customs duty + handling) before payment and will take care of everything.
Doesn't work; Amazon displays this message: "We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address." (which in my case is my Bangalore address).

I use the services of shopandship.com for such international purchases (in those cases where I don't know someone coming from the US in the near future).
Old 2nd June 2014, 13:54   #1405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys I want to get one of these http://www.amazon.com/dp/ASIN/B00777...irillopicks-20

I have never purchased anything from Amazon.com in my life.

Not all Amazon.com orders can be shipped internationally. Some dealers do but not all. Your best bet is to use a freight forwarder like iShopinternational, Aramex shop-and-ship, get the quotes (includes customs duties and the shipping rates) and use the one that offers you the lowest quote. For such a low-value item, the landed cost would be higher IMO. The shipping charges would be very high.

Did you search dx.com for this lens mug? Should be available. They stock such stuff.
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:05   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Not all Amazon.com orders can be shipped internationally. Some dealers do but not all. Your best bet is to use a freight forwarder like iShopinternational, Aramex shop-and-ship, get the quotes (includes customs duties and the shipping rates) and use the one that offers you the lowest quote. For such a low-value item, the landed cost would be higher IMO. The shipping charges would be very high.

Did you search dx.com for this lens mug? Should be available. They stock such stuff.
Thanks a lot Gannu. I checked out dx.com and found the mug there. How reliable is this site? I have no experience with them.

http://www.dx.com/p/creative-stainle...5#.U4w21_noRv4
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:11   #1407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot Gannu. I checked out dx.com and found the mug there. How reliable is this site? I have no experience with them.
Pretty good. I have bought some cables, adapters and other low-priced items from DX and reached me just fine. All the items have free shipping. They ship from Hong Kong IIRC using the postal service and it takes anywhere from 10 days to a month for the shipment to arrive. I don’t think you can track the shipment but it should reach you if you give it some time.
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:18   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Pretty good. I have bought some cables, adapters and other low-priced items from DX and reached me just fine. All the items have free shipping. They ship from Hong Kong IIRC using the postal service and it takes anywhere from 10 days to a month for the shipment to arrive. I don’t think you can track the shipment but it should reach you if you give it some time.
Thanks. I will order one and lets see how the experience is.
Old 2nd June 2014, 18:39   #1409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks. I will order one and lets see how the experience is.
Try aliexpress. Over the years, I've found dx is slower, and has a narrower variety.
Old 2nd June 2014, 20:42   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Try aliexpress. Over the years, I've found dx is slower, and has a narrower variety.
Thanks Mayank. I am Okay with a slow delivery. Could you please explain "narrower variety" since I already found what I am looking for?

Most Viewed