Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2014, 14:00   #1426
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The toy was to be shipped from Ahemadabad to Bangalore. But first they sent it to Delhi and from Delhi it took 3 days to reach Bangalore (do they ship it via Railways?). Total number of days = 10.
In my experience, stuff from their Bangalore and Mumbai warehouses reach me the next day in Chennai, even if I didn't select one day delivery. But stuff from Delhi, gets routed to Bangalore and takes so much time. So after ordering, if the tracking shows it's originating from Delhi, I'll cancel and order somewhere else, if I am in a hurry!!!
Old 7th June 2014, 14:12   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The product was delivered today 7th June - after 10 days of ordering. True, the promised delivery time was 11th June, but this definitely does not look like the same Flipkart which used to deliver goods within 2-3 days as little till an year back. The box was delivered by EKart - which i presume is Flipkart's own courier service.
I'm not sure how much FlipKart is to be blamed for the amount of time taken for the delivery.

More often than not, things ordered from the seller WS Retail end up being delivered extremely quickly. But not all sellers are that quick. Delivery times vary from seller to seller. They may have had to get the stock from a warehouse located in some other part of the country before they could ship it.

The only place where Flipkart by itself could be blamed if the time between shipping and delivery was too long.
Old 7th June 2014, 14:41   #1428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

The only place where Flipkart by itself could be blamed if the time between shipping and delivery was too long.
The item was shipped on 1st june ( even though the promised shipping date was 31st May). For 7 days the item was in transit between Ahmedabad to Delhi and Delhi to Bangalore. Would you still say its fair?
Old 7th June 2014, 19:28   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Made my last order with Flipkart. No more Flipkarting for me now, specially since i am a non-Premium/First customer.

Had ordered a toy mobile for my child on 29th May. The product was Rs 350 after discounts and shipping was not free (unlike Amazon). Total amount paid was Rs 390.

The product was delivered today 7th June - after 10 days of ordering. True, the promised delivery time was 11th June, but this definitely does not look like the same Flipkart which used to deliver goods within 2-3 days as little till an year back. The box was delivered by EKart - which i presume is Flipkart's own courier service.

The toy was to be shipped from Ahemadabad to Bangalore. But first they sent it to Delhi and from Delhi it took 3 days to reach Bangalore (do they ship it via Railways?). Total number of days = 10.

Compare that to Amazon. They have zero shipping charges as of now, and i have have always been delivered the item within 2-3 days max.

Flipkart , i just have one message for you. Too much greed will take you down. Gone are the days of no competition. You can by small time players, but competition from Amazon and Ebay will forever be their. Your cheap "FlipkartFirst" Gimmick isn't going to work for long.
Somewhat similar experience here. Their shipping time has really gone up. Amazon and others are way faster. Amazon's own delivery is better. Also I've seldom found their prices competitive. Though I wouldn't say I'll never patronize them, ordering preference from them is always low on my list. However most online newbies seem to think online buying is synonymous with FK. So at this point they do seem to have quite a customer base.
Old 7th June 2014, 21:46   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Does anybody have any fresh experiences with Vicky.in?
Or are they still as bad?
They're the only ones who have fiesta grilles in stock.
They are one of the worst in the business. Even after having very bad experience with them couple of years ago I again ordered few items from them last year. I somehow forgot about this order and after one month I came across of a mail with order details. I wrote them about my order and they shipped it minus the item they never had in stock but it was listed on their website.

Ebay.in is another very bad place to buy from. I usually do not go beyond 600-700 Rs while shopping from them though ebay.com is different story. Last year I ordered skewers from ebay.in seller and local bluedart never delivered these to me.When I filed item not delivered with ebay.in they closed the case after few weeks even without talking to me first. Even worst they never responded to my mails later on.

These days I am again in dispute with another seller but thankfully item is only worth 250Rs. Even though fault is with my local bluedart office who always calls me to pick the item and I refuse most of the time.But ebay.in and their seller never have tried to push the bluedart to be on time.
But on the other hand only yesterday I emailed amazon.in about the non delivery of my item and bluedart delivered it to me today morning. Ebay order is lying with local bluedart office since 31st May but they have not bothered to deliver it me neither ebay has forced/pushed them to deliver.

So I guess when my experience is in syn with other buyers all overs India.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 7th June 2014 at 21:48.
Old 8th June 2014, 00:35   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Made my last order with Flipkart. No more Flipkarting for me now, specially since i am a non-Premium/First customer.

Compare that to Amazon. They have zero shipping charges as of now, and i have have always been delivered the item within 2-3 days max.

Flipkart , i just have one message for you. Too much greed will take you down. Gone are the days of no competition. You can by small time players, but competition from Amazon and Ebay will forever be their. Your cheap "FlipkartFirst" Gimmick isn't going to work for long.
I have bought more than 50 products from them till now. From a 30k mobile to 500 rs pen drive. Never had a bad experience. Recently, ordered 6 t-shirts on 5 june. Delivery date was 10 june but i got them in the morning today itself.
Golden rule- Only buy products from WS retail.

However, many people have reported delay in delivery time so guess i am still on the lucky side. Haven't tried amazon.in till now. Let me see what i can buy from them just for testing purpose.
Old 8th June 2014, 09:44   #1432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The item was shipped on 1st june ( even though the promised shipping date was 31st May). For 7 days the item was in transit between Ahmedabad to Delhi and Delhi to Bangalore. Would you still say its fair?
Point taken!

Was the seller WS Retail?
Old 8th June 2014, 10:10   #1433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Golden rule- Only buy products from WS retail.

Second that. Have placed more than 30 orders for different stuff, clothinggl, shoes etc and all of it was hassle free. The only thing that took long was an emergency lamp that had to come from delhi, which took four days through surface. Rest of the products reach me within one or two days including Sunday which is again cool.

The only order outside of WS retail was when my dad purchased an Accu-Check. That too arrived without hassle and I think two days. Shipping time is better than what most ebay sellers offer. Once I ordered a bookshelf from ebay and since its a heavy consignment it was sent through surface courier. That took a week, with no status update after the product left delhi. For a person used to one or two day deliveries, this was a little annoying of a wait but nevetheless there was no damage as such.
Old 8th June 2014, 10:57   #1434
BHPian

Tata Motors has introduced Safari Storme inspired merchandise on eBay.
Quote:
Tata Motors gives its customers the opportunity to go online and shop for merchandise based on the Safari Storme. Tata has teamed up with ebay.in to sell Safari Storme inspired merchandise through a separate brand store for the Tata SUV on ebay.

The store is stocked with apparel like t-shirts while buyers also have the choice to pick up some reasonably priced accessories for their cars. There are quite a few interesting things on offer like torches and compass sets, trekking bags, pocket knives and more.

Head to www.ebay.in/safaristorme for more.
Find full text here: Overdrive
Old 8th June 2014, 11:16   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Point taken!

Was the seller WS Retail?
No unfortunately not. It was some "Toycra" company. But courier was Ekart, which i suppose is FK's own service..
Old 8th June 2014, 19:21   #1436
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Received the gloves last evening at about 6 PM. The gloves themselves are very good for the purpose but the packaging was a huge disappointment. They were just packed in an envelope (no box/protection etc) with the address label attached flimsily from one end.
The product is good though and should stand the abuse for good time.
Good that the package was delivered!

Any damages to the gloves due to the improper packaging?

Anurag.
Old 8th June 2014, 20:23   #1437
BHPian

This is a rant on Flipkart. I have purchased a lot of items for the past 5 years from them and the last order was January this year when I bough Karbonn A12+ mobile from them (I posted a query here in T-BHp itself on the mobile). Now when I tried to place order , error message came that it is not deliverable. I tried my Office address, same error message. Then my sister's home, same result. Now I got really cranky and called them. You know the reply I got? " Sir, we are having some problem with our logisitics partner who cannot deliver items to Kerala. So we are not servicing orders from Kerala".. Here I am sitting in Capital of Kerala and Flipkart says it cannot service Kerala orders! They have become so arrogant that they want only orders from Metros and not other cities? I came to know that this is persisting for close to 10days. God save Flipkart! They are going down a bottom less pit. My only gripe is that without flipkart i can't get my hands on a Moto E:(
Old 8th June 2014, 20:58   #1438
BHPian

Yes but this is the case with a lot of online retailers. They don't want to service clients in Kerala. I guess there is a tax issue or something.
Old 8th June 2014, 21:10   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Yes but this is the case with a lot of online retailers. They don't want to service clients in Kerala. I guess there is a tax issue or something.
yes, see below.It says almost all major online sites stopped delivering to kerala except ebay and amazon. Infact even some of my ebay orders got refunded.
Why cant they have a uniform law applicable across the nation for online sales

http://www.thehindu.com/features/met...cle6085358.ece
Old 8th June 2014, 21:17   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Here I am sitting in Capital of Kerala and Flipkart says it cannot service Kerala orders! They have become so arrogant that they want only orders from Metros and not other cities? (
Save your rant. Most e-commerce vendors are not servicing Kerala at the moment (and this has been the case at least since April). From what I understand there is a difference in the interpretation of input VAT credit rules by e-commerce vendors and GoK, and it needs to be litigated (or the law scrapped - in favour of GST) to get clarity.

You could try some Kerala-based e-commerce vendors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks