Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 10:10   #1441
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good that the package was delivered!

Any damages to the gloves due to the improper packaging?

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag for the heads up and helping with tracking details earlier. Though the packing was flimsy, but the gloves reached in perfect condition. I expected a little solid and rugged packing compared to what they sent.

Also bought a set of knee & elbow guards from Snapdeal and a Honda windcheater (Honda Merchandise). Also, the Vega offroad helmet was delivered by Flipkart last week. Kind of completes the riding gear for my humble bike.

Thanks!
Saket
Old 9th June 2014, 10:17   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I placed my first order with Urban Ladder yesterday and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Considering the fact that this is my first online furniture purchase I don't know what to expect as of now. Once the product is delivered I will update this thread.
Quoting my own post.

First order went silky smooth with UrbanLadder and then placed a 2nd one. The 2nd one also went well, now inching towards the 3rd order .
Verdict, UL is highly recommended and their followup was pretty darn good.

BTW has anyone used Zansaar or Pepperfry ? With the latter I only see bad/negative reviews all over the place and no COD too.
Old 9th June 2014, 10:40   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Quoting my own post.

BTW has anyone used Zansaar or Pepperfry ? With the latter I only see bad/negative reviews all over the place and no COD too.
I have used pepperfry earlier(around a year back) to shop for my YAMAHA Home Theatre system. The experience was pretty good, this high value order was after a couple of small purchases from pepperfry. The order was delivered by pepperfry to my satisfaction and within the stipulated timeframe.

All-in-all it was a very satisfying and smooth transaction. Based on this experience, I will rate them at par with Flipkart and a 10/10 on the scale.

Last edited by saikatmandal04 : 9th June 2014 at 10:47.
Old 9th June 2014, 17:19   #1444
BHPian

Had ordered couple of scale models from FK , received a week ago at office and opened the package today , 2 out of 3 were damaged / broken condition even with excellent outside packaging .I raised a complaint ,one is getting replaced ( already shipped) and other they have made a refund with out any fuss
Old 10th June 2014, 15:03   #1445
BHPian

Faced a serious issue with Snapdeal. You can read more here: Fake Hoya UV (N) HMC from Snapdeal (77 mm) - www. jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,35879.0.html
Old 10th June 2014, 15:21   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Faced a serious issue with Snapdeal. You can read more here: Fake Hoya UV (N) HMC from Snapdeal (77 mm) - www. jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,35879.0.html
Sorry to hear about that experience of yours. The marketplace model adopted by these shopping sites is eating onto their reputation. That way I like EBay's policy and their buyer protection programme under paisa-pay and the guarantee they provide. Also the score of the seller and the feedbacks provided by other buyers in Ebay plays an important decisive role before buying anything in EBay.

If not completely but the risk gets minimized to a large extent if the seller is selected keeping the above factors in mind. It may be a little time taking, but worth the effort.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:08   #1447
Distinguished - BHPian

Flipkart first is launched now. Those who got the mail about promotional 3 month subscription free, might wanna checkout their account.

Costs 500 for a year and offers -
Quote:
Free Shipping On Your Orders* No minimum purchase price
Discounted Same Day Delivery* Get your order delivered the same day for just Rs 70.
Free In-a-day Delivery*Get your orders delivered within a day
Priority Customer Service 24*7 customer service with minimum waiting

More benefits to come...

Subscribers get access to additional benefits

* These benefits are available only on purchases from seller WS Retail, as of now. Not all benefits are available in all pincodes.
Old 11th June 2014, 21:56   #1448
BHPian

Following upon my earlier rant on Flipkart not delivering items to Trivandrum. It seems they have problem only with Trivandrum. If it is kollam, Haipad, Ernakulam, no problem at all. So Trivandrumites, BOYCOTT FLIPKART!
Old 11th June 2014, 23:38   #1449
BHPian

^^ LOL. If you are from Trivandrum, and if they anyways dont deliver, what is the point of boycotting?? On second thoughts, we should be calling for a bandh tomorrow.

(take it in lighter spirit please)

Last edited by null : 11th June 2014 at 23:41.
Old 12th June 2014, 06:58   #1450
BHPian

Not just Trivandrum. FK has stopped delivery to the outskirts of Kochi as well.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:39   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gionee is perhaps taking this action to protect the interest of retailers and distributors who are struggling to keep up with online retailers who offer heavy discounts on products, reducing prices below those offered by physical retailers. For instance, Gionee's new Elife S5.5 is selling at a price as low as Rs 20,999 on Flipkart, while the company had launched the phone at Rs 22,999.
Source

I am wondering how flipkart (or any other site) can sell a phone they bought for 2000 rupee more! How can Gionee sell their phone at a dealer price if they do not consider flipkart as a dealer?
Old 12th June 2014, 12:45   #1452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

I am wondering how flipkart (or any other site) can sell a phone they bought for 2000 rupee more! How can Gionee sell their phone at a dealer price if they do not consider flipkart as a dealer?
Simple. They didn't buy it for 2000 more. The company launched it at 23k - that must be the MRP, NOT what it charged the dealers. Add profits to dealer price and you have the new selling price. It may or may not be the MRP that company declared at launch but definitely cannot be more than that. Online retailers seem to be happy with thinnest of margins, hence price the products so low.
Old 12th June 2014, 13:18   #1453
BHPian

Flipkart "First" appears to be living up to it's name.

Ordered two books yesterday. One is already in hands, and other has reached the city warehouse.

Hope they live upto their benchmarks commited !
Old 13th June 2014, 23:21   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Found this on Facebook:

Quote:
I recently bought a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens.
You guys delivered the lens within two days of order (whattay service!). I received the lens, got excited, clicked a few cool photos, started loving it and then decided to register it on Canon's site for warranty. And at that inopportune moment, I sacrificed all my happiness. Canon said that the lens was already registered - on September 2013 (and I bought it on May end). Though the word 'September' gave me an internal respite from the scorching Delhi heat, and an excuse to play 'Wake me up when September ends' on my PC, it still failed to drive away my doubt that I have received a refurbished product.
So, I put my Sherlock Holmes hat on and went to my neighborhood Canon store to do some investigation. Through my science of deduction (joking, the Canon guy said it all) I found out that the lens was first bought on September 2013 somewhere in Bhubaneshwar. I was happy for a brief moment that I got this piece from a state famous for its temples, beaches and Oliver Ridley turtles, but that I have been handed over a second hand product, that too at full price was causing an excruciating pain in my heart. I loved my lens, but I couldn't digest the fact that it has already been shared by an another man (or woman, whatever). With a heavy heart, I ordered refund.
I was still to come out of my grief when a man called me. He was calling from Flipkart (due to his heavy accent, I heard it as Swift Car ). He said he can offer me a replacement. A hope glimmered, though the lens I loved so much was going, but I was going to get another one. It was going to look and feel all the same. And it will only be mine (and mine). I couldn't hold my emotions and told the guy how I am an amateur photographer and this macro lens was the best thing to happen to this 6 months old Adam Galloway (shit, I am so amateur that I don't even know a single non-fictional photographer). The guy assured me that I won't be deceived this time. And I will get my new prime lens within three days.
On the evening of the second day, a messiah arrived at my doorstop (again, whattay commitment!). He first took a few signatures on the separation papers with the first lens and then handed me the 'supposedly new' one. My happiness knew no bounds. Messiah departed gracefully, wishing me all the best with my new lens. As soon as he departed. I unpacked the package and went straight to www.canon.com to register the relation errr...the lens. And this time it screamed "Already Registered in October". A cool breeze blew over my face once again, beats of Durga Puja dhaks started playing somewhere in the background and lyrics of "October Sky" surfaced on top of my head. But in my heart, it was Red Wedding all over again.
I thought I can convince myself to live with a lens with a past. I put it on my camera, and tried clicking a few pictures to develop the bond between us. But this one even refused to 'focus'.
I am now heartbroken, torn with the notion that Flipkart took advantage of my amateurity and deceived me with a 'broken' lens. I am again booking a refund. Please Flipkart, release me of all this pain. And help me to get back my faith on humanity.
Has this happened to anyone else, too?
Old 14th June 2014, 08:30   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Found this on Facebook:

Has this happened to anyone else, too?
I had ordered a cellphone from flipkart once. It had the charger missing and pictures of a family. I complained by email, sent pics of phone as proof and got a refund.

Most Viewed