Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2012, 22:49   #301
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Fellas I got across a new online store offering automotive products, range is good and discounts seems to be competitive. But don't know about the reliability and delivery services.
shopclues.com
Anybody having used service do share the experience.

Thanks!
Old 26th November 2012, 09:17   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Fellas I got across a new online store offering automotive products, range is good and discounts seems to be competitive. But don't know about the reliability and delivery services.
shopclues.com
Anybody having used service do share the experience.

Thanks!
I recently bought a low value item from shopclues (Rs 300 worth) and the experience was good - Got the item Fed-exed to my house in 2 days flat. However, this site I think is more of an aggregator where others sell through them like ebay so caution is advised.

For high value items, suggest that you for established online sites.
Old 26th November 2012, 10:11   #303
BANNED

Yes, they are similar to eBay. Also, their prices look significantly lower than the eBay prices.
Old 29th November 2012, 11:50   #304
BHPian

Ordered shoes from Flipkart of size UK 11. Flipkart follows UK sizes in their catalogue. I was delivered UK size 10(US size 11). Obviously it didn't fit in. Ordered for replacement for wrong delivery. It was promptly replaced. Guess what- again delivered UK size 10(US 11). The dispatch section follows US convention. Hence this replacemet business will be a never ending cycle.
Finally ordered for refunds. Buying shoes and apparels online is a bad idea. Moreover I didn't like the fitting of the same shoe when I tried it later on in store. Finally brought one that had most comfortable fit after visiting 3 stores. So i think for shoes it works this way- check the design and price online. Try and buy it from store.
Old 29th November 2012, 12:08   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, be careful while ordering any expensive item from www.zoomin.in

Myself and a few other forum members had a tough time with their customer service and they seem to have terrible logistics management
Old 29th November 2012, 12:13   #306
Senior - BHPian

i don't know whether this feedback exists on the thread, Beware of online portal timtara.com.
http://www.mouthshut.com/product-rev...iews-925617246
I can't believe this website is fooling the customers for more than one year in this fashion and still not got shut down. The offers are so tempting that any one who don't google about the site will fall prey to their tricks.
Old 29th November 2012, 13:19   #307
BHPian

Guys beware of ordering anything from Greendust ( http://www.greendust.com ) Getting refund or replacement is next to impossible. This is my worst experience in online shopping. And I've quite a veteran in online shopping. In addition to Indian sites I regularly order from various USA, UK, Chinese sites.
Old 29th November 2012, 13:28   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

i will pitch in here.
Stay away from DNY, at least for products.
I bought a mini camera thing from them, and it was misrepresented.
I had already put it down as money down the drain, as repeated discussions with DNY and the vendor gave zilch.
Finally DNY called on the 6th of november, promising pickup on the next day.Pickup happened on the 28th!!
Heres the chain.

Email attached.

and forward it to random ids to generate traction. ▼ Hide quoted text

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Mayank Kumar <ccccc.kumar@gmail.com> wrote: Now i wont count days, but weeks.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Mayank Kumar <ccccc.kumar@gmail.com> wrote: I am beginning to think this is fun for you. I do hope you understand that THIS is not feedback.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Mayank Kumar <ccccc.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:

Gets better EVERY day. Kudos on awesome " professionalism",dny.

On Nov 12, 2012 1:22 PM, "Mayank Kumar" <ccccc.kumar@gmail.com> wrote: You guys are absolutely HILARIOUS in the level of incompetence you bring across!!

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Mayank Kumar <ccccc.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:

Not today, either.

On Nov 10, 2012 10:29 PM, "Mayank Kumar" <ccccc.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:

Please note that no pickup happened today. Just saying so that in the next mail you dont say that noone was home.

On Nov 10, 2012 12:31 PM, "Mayank Kumar" <ccccc.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:

What time have you scheduled the pickup.

On Nov 6, 2012 5:46 PM, "Dnysupport" <dnysupport@dealsandyou.com> wrote:

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Deals and You!

This email is in reference with the Order Id #770198. We have received a complaint with regards to your purchase from DealsandYou.com

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you faced while trying to contact the vendor. We take this as a feedback and will surely pass on to the concerned.

In order to resolve the same, we are arranging a reverse pick up for the product from our end. Rest be assured, this is fully prepaid as the entire cost of reverse pickup will be borne by us. Post receipt of your product, the same will be sent to vendor for repair. In case the vendor is unable to repair the same, he may opt for dispatching a replacement phone or issuing a full refund. The entire process will take 20-25 calender days from today and we appreciate your patience in this matter.

Please seal pack your product carefully and put the below mentioned address in clear bold handwriting and keep it ready for pick up. Please do mention the Order id and your mobile number on the packet (mandatory).

Address:

To ,

Gurmeet Kaur

Deals and you.

Plot no. 426, Ground Floor,

Udyog Vihar, Phase III,

Gurgaon, Haryana- – 122002

For further clarification please call on us our call centre number 0120-6726777 or send mailer to dnysupport@dealsandyou.com.

We thank you for your understanding in the above matter and we will surely resolve the same on priority. Thanks for shopping with DealsandYou.com.

Regards,

Support team

Deals and You

--Mayank

--Mayank
Old 29th November 2012, 13:33   #309
BHPian

Folks , any feedback about dealsextreme.com , i bought some low value stuff for 20$ because of free shipping , however it has been almost a month now no update and there is no tracking # even thought they claim it is has been shipped. paid thru paypal can i file for a refund.

Also any reliable site which would ship at reasonable cost to india , wanting to try borderlinx.com but there rates seems to be high.

Have tried Flipkart couple of times, very reliable
Old 29th November 2012, 13:50   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Folks , any feedback about dealsextreme.com , i bought some low value stuff for 20$ because of free shipping , however it has been almost a month now no update and there is no tracking # even thought they claim it is has been shipped. paid thru paypal can i file for a refund.

Also any reliable site which would ship at reasonable cost to india , wanting to try borderlinx.com but there rates seems to be high.

DX is quite a reputed site, so you should receive your goods unless you ordered something which was seized by the customs (lasers, knives, etc. often get seized). I've purchased from DX at least 10 times. Sometimes, the goods got delivered in 20 days, sometimes it takes upto 45 days, but I did receive the goods each time.
Old 29th November 2012, 13:51   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna

It's probably the most used site on the forum.
Don't worry, it takes 15-30 days.
I've never had an order lost.
Old 29th November 2012, 14:03   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post

DX is good but takes time. But since the items are without any tracking they are sometimes stolen by post-office people. You can file a cliam under Paypal for refund or contact DX customer care for reshipment of the item) .

For peace of mind you can always add tracking by paying S1.70 extra.
Old 29th November 2012, 14:27   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Ordered shoes from Flipkart of size UK 11. Flipkart follows UK sizes in their catalogue. I was delivered UK size 10(US size 11). Obviously it didn't fit in. Ordered for replacement for wrong delivery. It was promptly replaced. Guess what- again delivered UK size 10(US 11). The dispatch section follows US convention. Hence this replacemet business will be a never ending cycle.
Finally ordered for refunds. Buying shoes and apparels online is a bad idea. Moreover I didn't like the fitting of the same shoe when I tried it later on in store. Finally brought one that had most comfortable fit after visiting 3 stores. So i think for shoes it works this way- check the design and price online. Try and buy it from store.
Most of the times that I visit a shoe shop I come out having failed to find anything that I like that fits comfortably. Size and fit are not consistent within one make, let alone across makes. Sometimes I need to mix'n'match between pairs of the same shoe. I don't blame the manufacturers: our feet have too many variables to be represented by just one number. I would never buy shoes online. However, I have known people that do: I guess I just have awkward feet.
Old 29th November 2012, 14:45   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Most of the times that I visit a shoe shop I come out having failed to find anything that I like that fits comfortably. Size and fit are not consistent within one make, let alone across makes. Sometimes I need to mix'n'match between pairs of the same shoe. I don't blame the manufacturers: our feet have too many variables to be represented by just one number. I would never buy shoes online. However, I have known people that do: I guess I just have awkward feet.
Exactly my thoughts, word by word, and you are not alone!

@rm_arjuna:
I too have ordered lots stuff from DX, and it has taken upto 2 months to deliver. So nothing to worry.

Last edited by anuragn : 29th November 2012 at 14:47.
Old 29th November 2012, 15:01   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Booked a couple of air tickets through via.com. is that okay or what? Never done it through them in the past...

Most Viewed