Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 18:10   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dealing with online fraud - My experience with timtara.com

Tanveer,

Thanks for this thread, but howabout putting up a detailed instructional thread, which will help other newbies as well. It is currently missing the kind of interactions and escalations as highlighted by wildon. Thisis heavyonthe cribs and low on details.

That said, cyber wing complaints have helped others. Some useful information is here: http://www.bikeszone.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=4&t=12429
Old 15th January 2013, 20:50   #392
Senior - BHPian

It is unfortunate that this company is still running and continue to cheat customers with disdain.Where are the regulators? How could a reputable company like google not see thought their history before they were made a part of GOSF. These kind of fly by night online shopping sites are instilling fear and mistrust into the minds of customers and there by blocking the growth of a promising sector. I appeal moderators to add link to mouthshut review page of this company to the original post.

It looks like raising a complaint with payment gateway has also helped people to recover the money from this fraud company. But they keep on changing the payment gateway due to the barrage of complaints.

Last edited by poloman : 15th January 2013 at 20:54.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:21   #393
Senior - BHPian

Similar thing with www.Indiaplaza.com.

They had an offer sometime back, where you buy a 8gb pen drive and get a 4gb pen drive free. I got the 4 GB pen drive, but never received the 8gb one. Repeated follows up and numerous mails later, still no response. I gave up, as the cost of the 8gb pen drive was as much as the 4GB one.. Be extremly weary of these online scamsters.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:42   #394
AWD
BHPian

Not long time back there was a complete story on Timtara aired by CNBC Pehredar. Timtara CEO was called, he said "we are improving" but all remains a hoax. Timtara has been among the WORST Online Stores. Just as a caution, Masticart is also run by the same team, beware!

Also reamin cautious with FashionAndYou, DealsAndYou, Kaunsa.com, ShopYourWorld, etc.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:55   #395
BHPian

I have burnt my fingers. Lost 25K. Even registered a case with National Consumer Helpline and its of no Use. Just praying that they will have mercy one day and refund my money. I had done a credit card transaction and even ICICI rejected the chargeback. They claimed that i had willingly done the transaction and no fraud involved. SO I have to follow up and get the refund.
Old 15th January 2013, 23:06   #396
BHPian

Tanveer,

I have read some very bad reviews about Timtara. Have bought a lot of stuff online including Plasma TV, Laptops, Camera etc from sites like Flipkart, Infibeam, E-bay, Amazon, Firstcry, Tradus, Gadgetsguru.com.

Except once on E-bay I never had an issue. On that E-bay transaction the seller did not ship the item and I raised the same with E-bay and the money was promptly refunded.
Old 15th January 2013, 23:18   #397
Senior - BHPian

I was a victim of similar purchase from ebay. Later i realised this is a trick of sellers from china. I bought a OBD scanner thru ebay. The ebay policy is that you can raise a dispute within 45 days.
One month passed by after my purchase. Then i informed the seller. He asked me for few days more and confirmed that the parcel will reach me.
They way they plead makes you feel they are very genuine. As soon as 45 days are over they stop interacting with you.

Then ebay and paypal reject to help you as time frame is over. Then the sellers remove the listing, so that you cannot select the item to raise the dispute.

I very soon realized that there are 1000s of people like me who were fooled this way.
Old 16th January 2013, 00:10   #398
BHPian

I wanted placed an order on Timtara when the latest PS3 was launched. When I called customer service asking why the new 500GB model is not on their website, they put me on hold. Then she came back and told me to check in 30 minutes. I checked and the product was there under the category "Microsoft Xbox" with a generic image of PS3, but not containing the image of the bundled offer with Uncharted and GT5.

That was clue # 1 for me not to buy from them. Then ofcourse, I googled and it was full of horror stories.

I placed the order with indiatimes and got a real amazing deal. I think indiatimes deals are really great and I dint have to follow up or chase them for my order.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:20   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
I placed the order with indiatimes and got a real amazing deal. I think indiatimes deals are really great and I dint have to follow up or chase them for my order.
I would say you are lucky in that case as Indiatimes.com is known fpr the worst customer care service. They will attend the calls but surely it will be something irresponsible about the dispatch/delivery or even refund details. I've stopped dealing with them years back due to this. But I can read that they continues to be unproffessional from the customer feedbacks. You can try other reputed sites like flipkart, Ebay, shopclues, watch/lenskart etc. for jaw dropping genuine offers.

BTW, is there any forum we can raise the complaints about the online fradulant activites?

One more thing I would request that please name the portal from you had the bitter experience so that others can stay away from them.
Old 16th January 2013, 14:17   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
I was a victim of similar purchase from ebay. Later i realised this is a trick of sellers from china. I bought a OBD scanner thru ebay. The ebay policy is that you can raise a dispute within 45 days.
How did this happen? If the seller dosent update the shipping details within the given timeframe, an auto refund is initiated and if the shipping details are updated but buyer dosent get the product within the specified time, they must raise a refund request.

It happened with me once. The seller shipped the package, I got it also, but they forgot to update the shipping details. so after set number of days, I got a mail from ebay saying that auto refund has been initiated and I did get the money back within 4-5 days.

Regards,
Old 16th January 2013, 15:44   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
How did this happen? If the seller dosent update the shipping details within the given timeframe, an auto refund is initiated and if the shipping details are updated but buyer dosent get the product within the specified time, they must raise a refund request.

It happened with me once. The seller shipped the package, I got it also, but they forgot to update the shipping details. so after set number of days, I got a mail from ebay saying that auto refund has been initiated and I did get the money back within 4-5 days.

Regards,
They update a fake shipping detail with a fake shipping company of their choice. They mark the item as shipped. I even mailed the shipping company. They replied back saying they dont have correct details as seller shipped without tracking number.
Old 16th January 2013, 19:04   #402
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

What about Indiatimes? They have some LOVELY offers running currently with the coupon MOBDEALS!!
Old 18th January 2013, 08:09   #403
BHPian

Bought a item through Amazon.com and got it delivered to a colleague of mine travelling to US for a week. After exactly 1 month they charged me with $85.32 i.e., Rs.4843/- for prime membership on my credit card without my permission.
Chatted with their customer representative and promptly cancelled my subscription and the amount was refunded. Now, i was charged with $86 but was refunded $86 in there account, but our local bank charged for there service and only Rs.4817/- was given back which accounted to Rs.20 odd rupees. I mailed Amazon back saying that 20 odd rupees has to be refunded and they refunded me back of Rs.30/- as a goodwill gesture. Way to go Amazon

Ramki
Old 18th January 2013, 12:43   #404
BHPian

Have some good experience so far with fashion and you dot com. Recently bought some wardrobe necessities worth 7k. Order went through without a hitch. Delivery time indicated was 3-4 weeks and I received it in two weeks.

Package was packaged very well and included original MRP tag as well. The courier guys called to confirm time when they could come. Impressive.
Old 18th January 2013, 16:35   #405
Senior - BHPian

I have had the worst experience with SEVENTYMM.com, a super fraud. I had ordered for Size 38 Jeans and was sent Size 36 which was struck out by a marker and 38 written over it. Obviously the fools did not know that there is a cloth tag inside the waist with the size printed as well. I brought this up and they immediately offered to refund the money along with return courier charges and asked me to mail the Jeans back. Like a fool, pretending to live in a perfect world, I sincerely packed it and couriered it back. This was on September 10th 2012. I have called and sent numerous emails, absolutely rock soild no response. The first few calls were attended and promises made to replace asap. But now their customer care number has a recorded message, "From Feb 14 2012, please contact support@seventymm.com", obviously there is no such email id. I am just stranded now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks