Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 14:12   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Hoopos.com

They have a lot of stuff for kids. I found "Custom Motors" from Hotwheels which I could not find in any shops or other sites. Best part is it came with a discount and free shipping. Also just like Flipkart, the delivery was made in 2 days, no fuss. COD.
Old 6th February 2013, 11:10   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Snapdeal.com has an excellent promotion running with Buy 1 Get 1 Free on select STP and Armor products. Shipping free > Rs. 300 too.

Have already got some stuff delivered - very quick service via Bluedart.

http://www.snapdeal.com/products/aut...ive_banner_Car Care - Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Old 6th February 2013, 11:56   #423
BHPian

Cash on delivery is the best and safe option. It also ensures the delivery is made in person to you even in at your office. Flipkart also has a swipe machine in case you decide to use your credit card

Done numerous purchases on Flipkart on COD model and the experience has been really good.

Tried Ezoneonline for a printer deal and the experience was equally good.
Old 6th February 2013, 13:42   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
Cash on delivery is the best and safe option.
I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all - else, the other options would all have been obsolete, no?

- Most vendors charge extra for CoD.
- CoD requires you to have "cash" available. I am of the type who don't keep a lot of cash at home/wallet.
- CoD also means that neighbours/colleagues might not be able to pick up the package.
- There are generally no loyalty points associated with CoD (we manage our entire Onam shopping on credit card loyalty points )
- And of course, the free credit period (you can have instant gratification while deferring payment) and EMI option are not available with CoD.
Old 6th February 2013, 14:07   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all - else, the other options would all have been obsolete, no?

- Most vendors charge extra for CoD.
- CoD requires you to have "cash" available. I am of the type who don't keep a lot of cash at home/wallet.
- CoD also means that neighbours/colleagues might not be able to pick up the package.
Agree one size does not fit all.

COD safegaurds your consignment so that your maid , watchman cannot take it. Also with COD option the delivery person will ask where it needs to be delivered and you could ask them to come to your location at that time ( it maybe office or elsewhere) to deliver it.
For COD option , Flipkart delivery persons carry swipe machines so that one can swipe Credit or debit cards. It also ensures your free credit period remains intact
Old 6th February 2013, 14:08   #426
Senior - BHPian

Yes Agree with binand. With CoD you do lose on loyalty points etc that you'd get with credit cards and sometimes you do have to pay CoD charges.

Recently placed an order on Jabong.com and they charged me extra Rs. 39 towards CoD charges (I was OK with that). Later I had to cancel that order that they were Ok with it even though they had already couriered the product. Had a nice experience with Jabong and can totally recommend them.

Also had one nice experience with myntra shopping for a pair of shoes. Now I have bought shoes from two different sites (myntra as well as bestylish) and have had good experience with both. Nowdays I usually use CoD option for all my online buying. I like this option more, as it means the courier guy is obliged to fix time with me before showing up. Otherwise sometimes they just dont show up and yet mark house locked or something like that in their update sheet. Has happened with me twice, both times with reputed couriers like DHL and bluedart!
Old 6th February 2013, 15:20   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
Cash on delivery is the best and safe option.
A small addition, COD is the best & safe option for unknown sites. There are plenty of 'unknown' sites. Its safe to do a COD on them.

The Indian sites I use often are:
1) homeshop18
2) flipkart
3) ebay.in
4) indiaplaza
5) landmarkonthenet.com
These sites have good grievance addressal process in place.

Few months back I had ordered a pen drive from naaptol (not COD). The item was never delivered but the courier tracking showed as delivered. I had to escalate in naaptol & aramex. Finally got the refund after 3 months.

Recently I ordered a book on stackkart.com and it is a COD.
Old 7th February 2013, 13:52   #428
BHPian

Shoes are offered for Rs.499 in yepme.com
Any reviews on the site. Also they have buy 2 shoes for Rs.949
Old 7th February 2013, 23:43   #429
BHPian

How good has indiaplaza been over the years?
They have been around for a long time, but don't have much to show for that, right?
I had ordered some phone accessories from them long ago and they did deliver, though not on time.
Any reviews?
Old 8th February 2013, 07:50   #430
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I ordered for Eicher India Road Atlas including 17 city maps [2011 edition] with MRP ofName:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 749
Size:  578 Bytes390, which was available for Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes 234 after discounts with COD option in August 2012. Within two days, I received the item. But, it was the older 2010 edition with MRP ofName:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes370. What was shown on their website was different from what was supplied to me, which amounted to cheating. I raised a ticket with India Plaza and posted a single-star adverse review in Mouthshut. I immediately received an email from their customer support stating that a replacement copy of 2011 edition of the road atlas would be supplied to me. I also received a phone call promising me the same.

Later, I received the replacement copy of 2011 edition of road atlas. I edited my review in Mouthshut [from single star to 3 star; positive recommendation; full 5 star for service and support].

Old 8th February 2013, 10:49   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
They have been around for a long time, but don't have much to show for that, right?
I had ordered some phone accessories from them long ago and they did deliver, though not on time.
Any reviews?
Used their services twice. One was long back, pre Flipkart era. So did not have any expectations other than receiving the item. Delivery was as promised, about 10 days and received it in good condition(India After Gandhi).
Second purchase was last year when I found they were quoting much less than Flipkart for a book. I ordered but opted for COD. Their promise was 7-10 days. After about 2 weeks, i started contacting customer care. Each time i was told it will come in 2 days. After about a month, I ordered the same with FK and received in 2 days. I received the item from IP after 2 weeks from this and I rejected. In fact I had told them to cancel this once i placed my order in FK.

My suggestion is to opt for COD while purchasing from sites which you are not very sure of. You can also try HomeShop18. Experience till now is fine and they also give some vouchers that can be redeemed for future purchases

Last edited by rajesh1868 : 8th February 2013 at 10:52.
Old 8th February 2013, 10:57   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how about DinoDirect.com?

Ordered Bluetooth OBD scanner and got it delivered after 50 days. I could find a lot of negative opinion about this site, undelivered parts, damaged parts, no refunds, etc etc. Anyone had a similar experience?

Reason being I want to order one more OBD scanner for my friend, but after reading the reviews, I'm bit worried.
Old 9th February 2013, 08:55   #433
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Tried bigbasket. And they delivered as they promised and everything was fine. Will be using it regularly from now. Also will try fruits/vegetables atleast once to see how good or bad those are.
Vegetables and Meat/Egss were good. Fruit was a little bit of a problem - it wasn't bad but it was very unripe. Even after 4-5 days it's not ripened.

Anyway, bigbasket has been great overall - been ordering for a month now.
Old 9th February 2013, 09:07   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, bigbasket has been great overall - been ordering for a month now.
The wife concurs. There are niggles, like:

- if one orders n units of item P they might deliver only n-1.
- if one orders brand p, they might deliver the same product of a different brand q (not for big brands like ITC or Nestle, but for smaller ones like curry powder brands)
- fragile/breakables might break (our experience has been with eggs)

Plus the availability of "delivery slot" is almost always couple of days in the future.

On the positive side, they accept Sodexho/Ticket coupons. Even when other big-name retailers had stopped accepting them a while back.
Old 9th February 2013, 10:09   #435
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fruit was a little bit of a problem - it wasn't bad but it was very unripe. Even after 4-5 days it's not ripened.
Every fruit has some thing called proper ripening stage for harvest. If it is harvested at the correct age/time it will ripen with in a few days and taste will be good

But the total time available for marketing will be less , say max 4-5 days.

Hence now a days almost all the fruits are harvested before the correct age/time and ripened using chemicals and treated with chemicals to increase shelf life.
Hence they look beautiful to the eyes but taste is not good and do not ripen properly

Ex: If Banginapalli mango tastes sour near the seed it was harvested before ripening age. Properly harvested one will never taste sour.
Similarly Cheekoo/sapota sold in the market, will be very hard and stay long but it will never become soft and tastier. ONe will find too much latex inside.

Properly harvested cheekoo will ripen in 2-3 days very soft and sweet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks