Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2013, 17:25   #706
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Anyone using bigbasket for grocery shopping ?

How is the experience ? Are the prices competitive ?

Rohan
Use it every week. Along with Town Essentials. Not very sure about the rates as compared to the Dept. Stores but the ease of ordering and getting things delivered at home is simply too much Who wants to get out there and negotiate the traffic ?

Tip: Veggies and fruits are better at Town Essentials.
Old 15th August 2013, 17:32   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

One disconcerting this about shopping online these days is that Flipkart has become a "marketplace" instead of a full e-tailer. I was told this when I placed an order for a smartphone recently. It was shipped by somebody called "WS Retail" who it turned out was one of the sellers listed on Flipkart.

I had a chat with a customer service manager through Flipkart's hotline and he assured me that Flipkart would continue to be responsible for any purchases made through their site. Truth be told, the order shipped immediately though it was placed on Sunday and I had it, in perfect working condition, in 2 days. But still thought this was important enough to be shared on this thread.
Old 15th August 2013, 17:33   #708
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:

Rohan
Me and several others have made several posts about BigBasket in this thread itself. Please check earlier posts in this thread.
Old 15th August 2013, 18:00   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It was shipped by somebody called "WS Retail" who it turned out was one of the sellers listed on Flipkart.
.. .
WS retail is the current Flipkart. IIRC, sometime in 2012, Flipkart sold its front end operations or rather moved it under WS Retail and shifted base to SG. Keeping only the backend technology under its name. The shipping arm was also separated under e-cart logistics.

WS Retail got new investors and Flipkart SG also got some international funding. Technically, WS retail is a retailer licensed to use Flipkart's name and brand in the indian market.

I have not used the other sellers listed on flipkart yet, but from my experience (been shopping with them when they were just a book store), I didn't experience any change in the service after this rejig.
Old 15th August 2013, 18:06   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
One disconcerting this about shopping online these days is that Flipkart has become a "marketplace" instead of a full e-tailer. I was told this when I placed an order for a smartphone recently. It was shipped by somebody called "WS Retail" who it turned out was one of the sellers listed on Flipkart.
You are right, but WS Retail was (still is, in a fashion of speaking) Flipkart itself. They had to restructure their business a lot as a result of the position taken by GoI on the matter of FDI in retail.
Old 15th August 2013, 18:06   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
WS retail is the current Flipkart. IIRC, sometime in 2012, Flipkart sold its front end operations or rather moved it under WS Retail and shifted base to SG. Keeping only the backend technology under its name. The shipping arm was also separated under e-cart logistics...
It was more to be in line with the allowed FDI in retail, to fool the government, I believe.
Old 15th August 2013, 18:12   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
It was more to be in line with the allowed FDI in retail, to fool the government, I believe.
The "allowed" FDI in retail via the e-commerce channel is exactly 0.
Old 15th August 2013, 18:18   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Rohan
Good experience with Bigbasket and Townessentials. Vegetables are of better quality and lower priced at Towness. Big basket is good for ordering other household consumables has a better interface, quicker delivery and more options in delivery slots.
Now BB comes with a "What you see is what you get" promise, meaning if anything you order is not delivered, double the price will be added to your account. This used to be my primary compliant against BB earlier, that they skimped on delivery, but hopefully, that should now be resolved.
Old 15th August 2013, 20:50   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Thanks to both of you, yeah, myntra always have some mouth watering deals where other portals never dare to offer

Any suggestions for the issue am facing when placing the order? My cart is showing the items but I can't proceed further, next step is place the order but its not working once I click, system is not responding with their server afterwards and waiting for indefinitely for the payment gateway screen and nothing happens even the server time out message
I'd suggest calling their customer support. I never had any issues ordering on myntra. There are lots of offers and coupons floating around. Just make sure you get the best deal.

Quote:

Rohan
Used them very often. Very good experience. Now we order lot of stuff from them, the packaged kind like floor, rice etc that conveniently get home delivered. WYSIWYG means you can contest anything you dont like and they will take it back. Recently I had ordered few CFLs and one of them was DOA. Just called their customer support and they replaced it by next morning. Really good service. One very particular product that I like to order from bigbasket is tomatoes (the desi variety). They are the best!
Old 15th August 2013, 21:22   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops, thanks for the clarification re. WS Retail guys. That also means that the CS rep was talking through his hat

In related news, Amazon.in is running a 66% off on a lot of popular titles today to commemorate Independence Day. Amazing offer that I only just found out about. Ordered 3k worth books (MRP approx 10K) just now. Try and catch it before midnight- not sure it's a one-day offer or available tomorrow as well.
Old 15th August 2013, 22:51   #716
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, saw your post on FB and ordered the first batch. Now for part II
Old 17th August 2013, 07:10   #717
Senior - BHPian

Got my Lumia 720 through ebay. Got a great deal with the 10% flat discount on all iteams above 10k.

They shipped through BlueDart and the shipment got delayed in transit. So, had to wait for 2 more days due to the public holiday in between.

No complaints on the package though. Everything as expected.
Old 17th August 2013, 09:25   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I placed 3 orders on Saturday 10th Aug, one each on Amazon, Flipkart & EBAY. Monday early Morning I received my package from Amazon, Afternoon from Flipkart and till date no information from EBAY.

Tried contacting the seller but there was no response. As per Paisapay the time given to the seller is till 17th August.

Kiran
This Ebay item not yet delivered, and the seller has confirmed that it will be despatched today. Meanwhile Paisapay has changed the delivery validity date from 17th to 30th August how come?

Kiran
Old 17th August 2013, 09:39   #719
BANNED

Bought a backrest from http://www.shopclues.com

Excellent pricing and delivery.
Old 17th August 2013, 10:45   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post

This Ebay item not yet delivered, and the seller has confirmed that it will be despatched today. Meanwhile Paisapay has changed the delivery validity date from 17th to 30th August how come?

Kiran
That would be delivery confirmation deadline. What is the ship before date? In some cases sellers ask for extending timeline to ship. Don't worry you would be notified automatically if its not shipped and your money would be refunded.

Most Viewed