Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2013, 15:33   #721
BANNED

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Ordered a iron from Snapdeal .The item was shipped from a philips dealer and the printed bill was all washed out .There was no dealer stamp and neither the warranty card was filled out. The iron had dust sticking near the steam holes. Snapdeal has not replied till now it has been 10days .I lodged a complaint via phone also and via email also. Wife decided to wipe off the sole plate (everything got cleared ) and so decided to use it instead of returning it . However how will i get warranty as promised for 2 years by Philips when the bill is unreadable and there is no stamp on bill and warranty card.
Old 17th August 2013, 20:40   #722
BHPian

I ordered a movie DVD from Snapdeal and it was broken when delivered, I filled a complaint and uploaded the pictures by e-mail as requested more than a month back. Still no reply.

Even now in 2013 online shopping in India is not for the timid hearted.

Last edited by skartik2 : 17th August 2013 at 20:41.
Old 17th August 2013, 22:15   #723
BHPian

Online Service: www.zoomin.com

Service Availed
: Ordered two 11.5'x8' flip books from Zoomin. Received my order on 4th day. Unfortunately, one was a defective piece. There was a blank page in one of the book. I have raised a complaint and asked for a replacement. Next day morning I got an apology letter from the Customer Care and informed me that the replacement copy will be sent on priority basis. Even though I did not get the "priority service", I got the replacement on the 4th day.

Verdict: Quality check need to be improved. Good customer service.

Score: 4/5
Old 18th August 2013, 02:38   #724
BANNED

Bought two watches from Flipkart. Placed order on 14th. Got delivered by 16th evening. Excellent service as always. Packaging was excellent. They have set the standards when it comes to online shopping.
Dilip Kumar
Old 18th August 2013, 17:59   #725
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Yeah, saw your post on FB and ordered the first batch. Now for part II
Got the books just now. All 8-10 books bundled in one big packet.

Amazon definitely did not cut any corners while packing all the books, and then stuffing the packet with those air sealed plastic bags (a substitute for bubble wrap). So much so, that I thought it was an overkill for books.

However, I would have preferred each book being individually packed in the tight clear plastic film and then some bubble wrap, instead of the way amazon did it. It helps in the situation when you need not to open a book immediately, or gift it to someone.

Anyways, very happy with the overall experience. Even the person who delivered the package was a very well spoken person who took feedback on the overall amazon experience.
Old 18th August 2013, 18:20   #726
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Totally agree. Flipkart has a fight on their hands and the consumer ends up smiling! It's a win-win.

I was pleasantly surprised that the deliveries happened on Sunday (two batches one to me in Pune and the other to my Dad in Mumbai). Packaging was impeccable as Eddy mentioned. One item was out of stock and another cancelled by me before fulfilment commenced and the refund in both cases was seamless and automatic.

There is the little matter of getting started on this lot now

Name:  ForumRunner_20130818_182302.png
Views: 840
Size:  733.9 KB

Last edited by noopster : 18th August 2013 at 18:24. Reason: Added pic
Old 18th August 2013, 23:17   #727
BHPian

just ordered an OTG from falcon18.com
how good are they?
Old 19th August 2013, 18:23   #728
BHPian

A note of appreciation for Ebay.in

I had ordered a set of headphones worth Rs.149/- via the seller bombaymall. I also reported of late shipping here in this thread a couple of pages ago. Got the set on the 16th after missing the delivery on the 14th. Checked it on 16th itself, and found that it was not 'compatible' with my phone. I use a nokia phone with which I was getting a 'enhancement not supported' error. It was working smoothly with my sister's samsung phone.

On the 16th evening sent a mail to the seller via Ebay stating the problem. Waited till the 17th, but as there was no reply, generated a claim request with Ebay guarantee. Next day, 18th was a Sunday. Got a call today regarding the claim. The person asked me whether the seller had mentioned anything in the listing about the non-compatibility with nokia phones, I replied in negative. She then approved my claim and asked me to keep the headphones as well because returning would mean I will have to bore the shipping charges. She said: " Being a valuable customer and the fault of the buyer in mentioning the item description properly, we don't want you to incur a loss. You can keep the product." Also, the money would be refunded into my account.

I liked this customer friendly attitude from ebay, and would be more confident shopping with them.
Old 19th August 2013, 18:34   #729
Senior - BHPian

I regularly order from Ebay, Flipkart, Jabong, Yebhi. This time i tried Watchkart. All i can say is experience has been good. Ebay is very customer friendly, their Paisa pay ensures quick refunds in case of non delivery, non availability or dispute.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:34   #730
BHPian

Purchased a Rockford Fosgate 8" subwoofer from www.avenuesound.in. Very bad experience so far.
i) The package is totally messed up (torn/water damaged). They didn’t even care to put a plastic packet over the cardboard box!!
ii) The PVC outer decorative ring is totally defective. It is full of scratches. Sticky like rubber. Turns the surface black wherever it touches. The product looks like used.
iii) I received an invoice of Rs.2000 whereas I paid Rs 4629
iv) The item is 3.5 years old. They never mentioned that the item will be this old!!
v) They charged Rs. 999 for shipping and handling but sent the item by surface mode

I purchase online regularly from various Indian as well as international sites. This is one of the worst experience except www.greendust.com.

Stay away from this site.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20130819_201249.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20130819_201240.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20130819_203512.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20130819_203539.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20130819_203652.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-img_20130819_203826.jpg  

Old 19th August 2013, 22:13   #731
BHPian

Sad News:
Flipcart Flyte MP3 shutting down!
Got the final call to download your library.

Quote:

Dear Flyte MP3 customer,

The time has come to bid a final goodbye.

We hope you have downloaded all the music that you had purchased or obtained free from Flyte. If for any reason, you have not been able to download all your music, kindly do so by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, August 25th, 2013.

You can download your music on your mobile phones using the Flyte MP3 Apps which will be available for installation from the App stores till 11:59 p.m., Sunday, August 25th, 2013. Alternatively, you can download your music on to your computers using the Flipkart Download Manager or directly from your MP3 Library.

Thank you once again for being our patrons.

The Flyte MP3 team.
Old 19th August 2013, 23:40   #732
Senior - BHPian

I bought a mobile phone on Friday (16th August) from Flipkart (Seller: Flipkart/WS Retail) and it was shipped on 17th from Ghaziabad (NCR) to Gurgaon (NCR).

Via Delhi, it reached Gurgaon today morning at 07:24 AM. I was so very hopeful to receive it today but I don't know why they kept sitting on it whole day and did not deliver. I was not expecting this from Flipkart. I spent slightly more money (than ebay/indiatimes) because I wanted to get it the earliest.

Very average show by Flipkart.
Attached Images

Old 20th August 2013, 00:59   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
This Ebay item not yet delivered, and the seller has confirmed that it will be despatched today. Meanwhile Paisapay has changed the delivery validity date from 17th to 30th August how come?

Kiran
Finally the item was despatched on 17th night and received by me on 19th Morning. Atleast I am happy that there is no other quality issues in the product other than the delay.

Kiran
Old 20th August 2013, 10:53   #734
Senior - BHPian

@Mukesh: you are one tough customer to satisfy

@archat: that is a shocker for sure! hope you get a refund
Old 20th August 2013, 10:56   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Purchased a Rockford Fosgate 8" subwoofer from www.avenuesound.in. Very bad experience so far.
i) The package is totally messed up (torn/water damaged). They didn’t even care to put a plastic packet over the cardboard box!!
ii) The PVC outer decorative ring is totally defective. It is full of scratches. Sticky like rubber. Turns the surface black wherever it touches. The product looks like used.
iii) I received an invoice of Rs.2000 whereas I paid Rs 4629
iv) The item is 3.5 years old. They never mentioned that the item will be this old!!
v) They charged Rs. 999 for shipping and handling but sent the item by surface mode

I purchase online regularly from various Indian as well as international sites. This is one of the worst experience except www.greendust.com.

Stay away from this site.
An update:

Yesterday night received an email from Mr. Ashish and a call just now from Mr. Mohsin of Avenuesound.

As the Subwoofer is working I gave them two options - either to reverse pickup the subwoofer and send me a new one or make a part refund for the cosmetic defects. They agreed to the part refund.

According to them there is a new guy at their warehouse who didn't take care of packaging.

They managed to get my concern addressed promptly and professionally - so I'm a happy customer now .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks