Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 16:09   #811
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I have really bad experiences with FK of late. They literally take forever to deliver the products.

What I imply is if I am buying something that is available both on ebay and FK and it is relatively less priced, I will choose Ebay every time.
In my case I have even bought Cell Phones on EBay, 3 to be precise and all have been good and damn good deals as well.

By Return Policy I mean I really wont like to pay and return an item, hence FK clearly leads in that respect.
Ohh, Yes. One single irritating experience and one thinks 100 times before going there again.
Luckily I have not had a bad experience so far with FK, ebay, rediff shopping or tradus. The one that I ignore completely is snapdeal. They messed things big time in my case.

The best thing that I like about both FK and rediff shopping is that their Customer service guys genuinely want to help.

Disclaimer - This is my experience and I am sure some others will have different opposite experiences to share as well.

Best,
Old 17th September 2013, 19:08   #812
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post

That's the point! Doesn't India still follow the MRP pricing model? I know that such pricing exists in other countries. Or is it that I missed some change in the pricing laws? I bought earphones from flipkart last week, the package I received clearly had the price in MRP and the manufacturer website also displayed that price. Isn't this practice of MSRP a violation of the laws of the land?
Yes India does follow the MRP model. Any dealer, re seller and shopkeeper can sell any product a any price he wishes to, which is below the published MRP. He cannt under an circumstances, without violating the aw as well as the weights and measures act, sell at a price higher than the MRP. Every product sold in India MUST have mandatorily, an MRP sticker and this, such as it is, has to be honoured, regardless of anything. However, all manufacturers or importers are at liberty to change their MRP's and revise them upwards or downwards as the please. Violations by retailers in selling products at prices higher than published MRP is punishable by law and you can sue them, provided you have irrevocable proof.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th September 2013 at 19:10.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:13   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
That's the point! Doesn't India still follow the MRP pricing model? I know that such pricing exists in other countries. Or is it that I missed some change in the pricing laws? I bought earphones from flipkart last week, the package I received clearly had the price in MRP and the manufacturer website also displayed that price. Isn't this practice of MSRP a violation of the laws of the land?
Superb and very valid point.

Just to chip in, there are a dime a dozen online stores that sell eye wear.
Mauijim for example carries an MRP printed on the outer carton box. I have seen some etailers spike the price up and arrive back at MRP as an offer. This is blatant cheating if you ask me. However their websites are renowned and have very good designers and software to make the shopper only take notice of what is important.

The seller might not always look around to see where prices are cheaper.b They just prefer buying from the largest guys and ignore the small ones where the actual deals are at.

I am setting up an online store to sell eye wear and the person who manages the website told me, we should list in junglee.com This way he said, our prices can be seen as lower. But then again, I doubt all estores are listed there.

People, please look around many websites if you are actually looking to buy online because of a deal. Sometimes the cheaper and better ones are pages back on google search since we cannot afford them.

Cheers,
Old 17th September 2013, 20:44   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Not my assessment. Ebay has a very strict buyer protection policy. the only issue is the costs associated with Returns. I have found that Ebay is way quicker than FK now.

Cost - Again Ebay is better.

Return Policy - You need to pay for returns in ebay while FK will do it for free.

Genuine Products - You always need to buy from a high rated seller at EBay while FK has that thing sorted out for every product.

My assessment is if the item is less costly i.e. less than 10k, go for Ebay else FK.
Thanks Pratyush and G2 for the elaborated info

Well, i was planning to go for Samsung Note 2. Checked with both and found FK is a bit higher thou offering freebies as compared to ebay

But as far return policy according to both would be dealt by service centers only. Is this true in case of FK? which states a 30 day replacement

Finally what should i do? Hell confused

Pl throw some light

Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 21:07   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Thanks Pratyush and G2 for the elaborated info

Well, i was planning to go for Samsung Note 2. Checked with both and found FK is a bit higher thou offering freebies as compared to ebay

But as far return policy according to both would be dealt by service centers only. Is this true in case of FK? which states a 30 day replacement

Finally what should i do? Hell confused

Pl throw some light

Thanks
Have you checked this with FK? They do exchange if the product is defective etc. I have done it myself (with a Mobile Router). Not sure why would they make an exception here.

In this case, you can go for FK as the difference is rather minimal.

Other Question: Is that thing worth the price its asking for (32K)?
Old 17th September 2013, 21:25   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked this with FK? They do exchange if the product is defective etc. I have done it myself (with a Mobile Router). Not sure why would they make an exception here.

In this case, you can go for FK as the difference is rather minimal.

Other Question: Is that thing worth the price its asking for (32K)?
I'm too inclined for FK since my prior experience was superb, but due to cost factor giving it a second thought. Had a terrible time with snapdeal on purchase of mobile (22k) to which they never accepted and i'd to struggle with service center to get it resolved. came across lot of positive feedback for ebay (Ind) so was thinking with the price lower there.

can you pl elaborate on the other ques?
Old 17th September 2013, 23:11   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Superb and very valid point.

Just to chip in, there are a dime a dozen online stores that sell eye wear.
Mauijim for example carries an MRP printed on the outer carton box. I have seen some etailers spike the price up and arrive back at MRP as an offer. This is blatant cheating if you ask me. However their websites are renowned and have very good designers and software to make the shopper only take notice of what is important.

The seller might not always look around to see where prices are cheaper.b They just prefer buying from the largest guys and ignore the small ones where the actual deals are at.

I am setting up an online store to sell eye wear and the person who manages the website told me, we should list in junglee.com This way he said, our prices can be seen as lower. But then again, I doubt all estores are listed there.

People, please look around many websites if you are actually looking to buy online because of a deal. Sometimes the cheaper and better ones are pages back on google search since we cannot afford them.

Cheers,
Hi Beejay, When can we expect to see your store up and running ?

I ordered a pair or rimless spectacles last year from Lenskart and got a pretty neat deal (INR 3500 with crizal A2 coating and 1.6 index unbreakable lenses) Off late, I've noticed that there is a more expensive variant of Crizal coating, what difference does it make ?

Sorry for being off topic, but if you're okay with pm, I can send you a pm.
Old 18th September 2013, 15:49   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered 12 English Movie DVD's from Amazon.in

What a lovely experience. I paid the money at 9pm and next day at noon got a message it was shipped out.

Since the package is being delivered by 3 different sellers ( one being Amazon themselves), I got the first set delivered this morning in less than 24 hours of being ordered

Courier was Blue Dart, Lovely bubble packing and DVDs come in a solid packing ( even though they are authored by Shemaroo) and with English Subtitle

Average cost of each DVD : Rs. 125

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th September 2013 at 15:56.
Old 19th September 2013, 17:34   #819
BHPian

My recent experience with flipkart....

Was planning to buy ACK Mahabharatha books for sometime, it was priced at Rs.1179, on 17th of Sep I found the price to be Rs. 900/-, wasn't sure of the sudden drop and eventually found out it was part of the "offer of the day" and so went ahead and placed the order.

Yesterday, after the offer was over, to my surprise, I found the price was further dropped to Rs.750.

Wrote a feedback to them expressing my surprise & shock of seeing the price dropping further after moving out of "Offer of day" and also conveyed it would be nice if they can give some price protection/guarantee and asked them to credit the difference 150.

Moment after I logged my feedback, they restored the original price Rs.1179 and after a couple of hours, was pleasantly surprised to see a mail (followed by a call) informing me that credit of Rs.150 was given to my account.
Old 19th September 2013, 18:40   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
Hi Beejay, When can we expect to see your store up and running ?

I ordered a pair or rimless spectacles last year from Lenskart and got a pretty neat deal (INR 3500 with crizal A2 coating and 1.6 index unbreakable lenses) Off late, I've noticed that there is a more expensive variant of Crizal coating, what difference does it make ?

Sorry for being off topic, but if you're okay with pm, I can send you a pm.
The lenses you have ordered are in Polycarbonate called Airwear. The index is 1.59. These are good lenses for extreme use and shatter proof. The only down side being the abbe value. Polycarbonate has the lowest abbe value. But it is nothing much to worry about as the difference is hardly noticeable. However when you use it for a longer period and then shift to lenses with a higher abbe value, you will immediately notice the difference in clarity.

NOTE to all Tbhpians- here is a beta version of my online store and I hope the mods don't mind me posting here as the website is still not live.
I request you to give me feedback on any changes that I need to make.
I am a newbie to this and all your valuable suggestions are welcome. I have taken a lot of inputs from you folks here and hope you are able to give me your inputs. You could PM me rather than going off topic on this thread.

http://www.gracevision.martjack.com/
Old 19th September 2013, 19:45   #821
Senior - BHPian

Bad experience with ebay

I bought a car shampoo from ebay. The product was delivered with a broken cap, no seal and the cap is different from the one displayed for the product in product websiite/ sellers description. It seems the shampoo was tampered with.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/180868407762?...#ht_4704wt_952

I gave a bad feedback on ebay and got a call from the seller in a couple of minutes. I did not agree to ship the item back as I do not have time to run after these chores. The seller has agreed to see if they can arrange to pick up the item from me and give refund.

My first bad experience from ebay. Usually I buy only from power sellers, the experience was bad even though the seller has good score. Will be careful from now on.

I am a regular customer with Amazon (mainly for books). Very happy with their turn around time and packaging. Hope they will expand their operations here and go for a hybrid model. The price is usually better than flipkart.
Old 20th September 2013, 11:38   #822
Senior - BHPian

I came across this on Nikon India site.

So, does it mean if someone purchases a Nikon product from them, no warranty?

FK still lists Nikon products.

http://www.nikon.co.in/en_IN

The Online Shopping Thread-nikon-india.jpg

Regards,
Old 20th September 2013, 11:54   #823
Senior - BHPian

Placed 2 orders yesterday evening:

1) Flipkart - love these guys, they shipped the items within couple of hours and got a message that it is already out for delivery. Eventhough estimated delivery was Monday next week.

2) amazon - No update yet!
Old 21st September 2013, 15:56   #824
Senior - BHPian

Why does the courier company need my identity proof before sending me a shipment from the sender? After initiating a COD shipping, the sender is asking for a scanned copy of my identity proof as require d by the courier company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
My first bad experience from ebay. Usually I buy only from power sellers, the experience was bad even though the seller has good score. Will be careful from now on.
Please list the seller so that we can avoid him.
Old 21st September 2013, 16:02   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

Please list the seller so that we can avoid him.
The seller is mentioned in the product link I have given in the initial post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks