Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 18:27   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Got an Xperia through Snapdeal. Order placed 19th night. Delivered today.
I had asked Snapdeal before purchase about the warranty.
Sony India confirmed today that it's a genuine /official import & warranty is valid.

Was a little apprehensive till I was able to verify with Sony.
Old 21st September 2013, 18:48   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I came across this on Nikon India site.

So, does it mean if someone purchases a Nikon product from them, no warranty?

FK still lists Nikon products.

http://www.nikon.co.in/en_IN

Regards,
I bought a coolpix from flipkart few months ago and had some issues. Nikon authorised service honoured the warranty. Not sure now if there is a change in policy.
Old 24th September 2013, 17:25   #828
BHPian

I bought a Metal Detector from e-bay. Delivered in 3 days as compared to 7 days estimated delivery time.
Followed by Dual Beam (Hi/Low) Dual Angel Eye, projector head lamp kit from e-bay. Delivered 2nd day; estimated delivery time 7-10 days.
Followed by Acer laptop from Snapdeal. this took 10 days against estimated delivery time of 7 days.

On top of that:
Hello 700FF & Hella Ralley3000 from Snapdeal. Delivered in 4 days.
Well that somes it up I guess.
Old 24th September 2013, 22:45   #829
BHPian

Usually I do not purchase anything from other than FlipKart and ebay.

But recently when I was looking for an Induction Cooktop, I found that Snapdeal had the lowest price for the Westinghouse WKIC2007. At Rs.2050 it was a steal and I couldn't resist placing a COD order on them for the first time.

Decided to bite the bullet and I was pleasantly surprised. It was delivered in three days flat.

Following that, I got a festival discount offer of Rs.300 on any purchase above 999, and I ordered an Accu-chek Active Blood Glucose monitor listed at Rs 1266 - again a low competitive price - for my dad at Rs.966 (MRP Rs.1480). Again delivered in two days flat.

At the moment, I am really happy with Snapdeal. Low price + fast delivery.
Old 25th September 2013, 09:46   #830
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience with ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I bought a car shampoo from ebay. The product was delivered with a broken cap, no seal and the cap is different from the one displayed for the product in product websiite/ sellers description. It seems the shampoo was tampered with.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/180868407762?...#ht_4704wt_952

I gave a bad feedback on ebay and got a call from the seller in a couple of minutes. I did not agree to ship the item back as I do not have time to run after these chores. The seller has agreed to see if they can arrange to pick up the item from me and give refund.
I have not heard back from the seller. Ebay replacement guarantee is not at all professional. Even after sending the proof of damage by email, they keep mailing everyday that I am yet to send the proof of damage, failing which the claim will lapse in 48 hours. Totally dissatisfied with ebay!
Old 25th September 2013, 10:23   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I have not heard back from the seller. Ebay replacement guarantee is not at all professional. Even after sending the proof of damage by email, they keep mailing everyday that I am yet to send the proof of damage, failing which the claim will lapse in 48 hours. Totally dissatisfied with ebay!
Stay away from Ebay. Most of the sellers are the online equivalent of the burma-bazzar guys. Once the money changes hands, you can only keep your fingers crossed.

Ebay return policy, conflict resolution and feedback system are all a JOKE. When you leave negative feedback, open up a dispute, it comes to Ebay "court". The "jury" comprises of the seller, his alternate ebay accounts and his friends. So, your case will get voted out 99% of the time; that's how most sellers enjoy 99% positive feedback. Some sellers even openly state that will abandon you, once you leave negative feedback.

And I almost forgot to mention, Ebay is also predominantly overpriced for new items. I would consider Ebay only for Used items from individuals. Even for used items, OLX and Quikr are more happening and efficient.

For online shopping in India for brand new goods, stick to Flipkart (Seller:WS Retail) and Myntra for clothes.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 25th September 2013 at 10:31. Reason: Typo
Old 25th September 2013, 11:04   #832
BHPian

I need to order a digitizer and wifi flex cable for my ipad 2. Which online site should I trust? I already have a bad experience with eBay for the above product, which was lost during transit, but the refund was made.
Old 25th September 2013, 11:15   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I need to order a digitizer and wifi flex cable for my ipad 2. Which online site should I trust? I already have a bad experience with eBay for the above product, which was lost during transit, but the refund was made.
The only reason to use Ebay is for buying dirt-cheap Chinese stuff like Amps that cannot be procured locally by other means.
Old 25th September 2013, 14:01   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Stay away from Ebay. Most of the sellers are the online equivalent of the burma-bazzar guys. Once the money changes hands, you can only keep your fingers crossed.

Ebay return policy, conflict resolution and feedback system are all a JOKE. When you leave negative feedback, open up a dispute, it comes to Ebay "court". The "jury" comprises of the seller, his alternate ebay accounts and his friends. So, your case will get voted out 99% of the time; that's how most sellers enjoy 99% positive feedback. Some sellers even openly state that will abandon you, once you leave negative feedback.

And I almost forgot to mention, Ebay is also predominantly overpriced for new items. I would consider Ebay only for Used items from individuals. Even for used items, OLX and Quikr are more happening and efficient.

For online shopping in India for brand new goods, stick to Flipkart (Seller:WS Retail) and Myntra for clothes.
OK - Maybe you have had a bad interaction with Ebay or a specific seller. My experience has been great on the other hand. Please do not generalize.

I have had an instance (actually two) where the seller did not ship the product, I raised a case and it was resolved amicably. The seller shipped the product later, while in another case I have got a full refund (for a phone).
Old 25th September 2013, 15:02   #835
BHPian

First purchase from outside India. Bought a car DVR (vehicle movement recorder) for 20 odd USD from Chinese website aliexpress.com

Will share my reviews once I receive (If I do)
Old 25th September 2013, 15:43   #836
Senior - BHPian

I just cant seem to find a digital alarm clock with a USB player.
Has anyone bought this anyplace?
Old 25th September 2013, 16:32   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Buy a basic samsung mobile with microsd support Best alarm clock with radio and expandable memory, one that will not shut down or reset if the power goes off in night.

But in seriousness, Sony and Phillips have radio alarm clock models with digital clock. I doubt whether any USB alarm will exist from renowned companies. You will find it mostly in Chinese products.
Old 25th September 2013, 16:33   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Here you go:
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/phil...mobile/1465910
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Circle-BEAUT-...item3385b176d4
http://shopping.rediff.com/product/a...clock/11776342
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Philips-Clock...item27d8453e98

The last one is a photo frame which I think can also be used as mp3 player (USB) and Alarm clock.
Old 25th September 2013, 19:10   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Buy a basic samsung mobile with microsd support Best alarm clock with radio and expandable memory, one that will not shut down or reset if the power goes off in night.

But in seriousness, Sony and Phillips have radio alarm clock models with digital clock. I doubt whether any USB alarm will exist from renowned companies. You will find it mostly in Chinese products.
The Idea is to use it in my Tempo Traveler Mobile eyewear store, so phone is not a good idea. But its really great thinking. . Yes, Sony has only alarm+radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Wow, thanks for the links. Now I'm confused. I will buy one from this, most likely the Philiips with the PhotoFrame as I can use it to also run displays in my Tempo.

Thank you again.
Old 25th September 2013, 19:42   #840
BHPian

A word of caution regarding printvenue.com.

Ordered a couple of keychains from them which had some personalized text on the metal part. When I received the same, I found that its just an engraving on the metal as opposed to black text on the metal background as shown in the product on their website. While the one in image on website looks very nice to read, the text was not legible in the keychain I received because of lack of contrast.

I raised this with the support folks and got a response that the laser engraving cannot be colored and that while ordering one is required to tick box a disclaimer which says that "final color of engraving can be different from one shown". That sounded a lousy explanation since if the text color had been light grey/dark grey as opposed to black, I could have understood. But how come it doesnt have any color at all.

In case you folks plan to order anything, avoid ordering anything in bulk. It will be better to order one or two sample specimen and checkout what it looks like. There is a good possibility that you may fall for the nice looks on the website and receive something different.

Most Viewed