Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 20:02   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post

The only reason to use Ebay is for buying dirt-cheap Chinese stuff like Amps that cannot be procured locally by other means.
Then you mean to say, stay away from eBay for these kind of stuffs ? If yes, any alternates?
Old 25th September 2013, 20:31   #842
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Snapdeal.com

The Online Shopping Thread-jopasu02.jpg
The Online Shopping Thread-jopasu01.jpg

Bought Jopasu - Large Combo Gift Pack from SD.
Amount Paid: Rs.1190-10%=Rs.1071/- Availed 10% discount using promo code AUTO10
This time, I was slightly disappointed by the delivery time. It took almost a week for the delivery from Pune.
Otherwise packing was good & I got all the items in good order.
Satisfaction Index: 4/5
Old 25th September 2013, 22:35   #843
BHPian

Ordered these: http://emahendra.com/matting/40-3m-n.../type-low_duty for my Getz on Sunday night at about 9pm and got them delivered to my office yesterday by about 11am.

Neatly packaged. I think the DIY saved me more than 1.5k than what 3M would've charged and I still have enough material left to cut up a small doormat.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:53   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Stay away from Ebay. Most of the sellers are the online equivalent of the burma-bazzar guys. Once the money changes hands, you can only keep your fingers crossed.

Ebay return policy, conflict resolution and feedback system are all a JOKE. When you leave negative feedback, open up a dispute, it comes to Ebay "court". The "jury" comprises of the seller, his alternate ebay accounts and his friends. So, your case will get voted out 99% of the time; that's how most sellers enjoy 99% positive feedback. Some sellers even openly state that will abandon you, once you leave negative feedback.

And I almost forgot to mention, Ebay is also predominantly overpriced for new items. I would consider Ebay only for Used items from individuals. Even for used items, OLX and Quikr are more happening and efficient.

For online shopping in India for brand new goods, stick to Flipkart (Seller:WS Retail) and Myntra for clothes.

I really feel sorry for the experience you have had with Ebay. I order stuff from Ebay and have not found a problem with them still. Overall, I find their services better then Tradus(haven't dealt with FK).
For an example, here is a problem that I had with a product that I purchased, Ebay solved the problem promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
A note of appreciation for Ebay.in

I had ordered a set of headphones worth Rs.149/- via the seller bombaymall. I also reported of late shipping here in this thread a couple of pages ago. Got the set on the 16th after missing the delivery on the 14th. Checked it on 16th itself, and found that it was not 'compatible' with my phone. I use a nokia phone with which I was getting a 'enhancement not supported' error. It was working smoothly with my sister's samsung phone.

On the 16th evening sent a mail to the seller via Ebay stating the problem. Waited till the 17th, but as there was no reply, generated a claim request with Ebay guarantee. Next day, 18th was a Sunday. Got a call today regarding the claim. The person asked me whether the seller had mentioned anything in the listing about the non-compatibility with nokia phones, I replied in negative. She then approved my claim and asked me to keep the headphones as well because returning would mean I will have to bore the shipping charges. She said: " Being a valuable customer and the fault of the buyer in mentioning the item description properly, we don't want you to incur a loss. You can keep the product." Also, the money would be refunded into my account.

I liked this customer friendly attitude from ebay, and would be more confident shopping with them.
Old 26th September 2013, 01:55   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I really feel sorry for the experience you have had with Ebay. I order stuff from Ebay and have not found a problem with them still. Overall, I find their services better then Tradus(haven't dealt with FK).
For an example, here is a problem that I had with a product that I purchased, Ebay solved the problem promptly.
most of the ebay.in sellers are scammers, This happened to me last week. Ordered a pair of bullet turn indicators, when I got them they were totally different from the pictures and absolute rubbish!

This is what I ordered
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271259072593...84.m1497.l2649

and what I got was cheap orange indicators which looked nothing like the pictures

I knew complaining was going to go nowhere, I just kept the stupid things.

Rather than complaining to ebay, what we can do is post about bad sellers and bad products here to warn others.
Old 26th September 2013, 09:13   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
most of the ebay.in sellers are scammers, This happened to me last week. Ordered a pair of bullet turn indicators, when I got them they were totally different from the pictures and absolute rubbish!

This is what I ordered
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271259072593...84.m1497.l2649

and what I got was cheap orange indicators which looked nothing like the pictures

Rather than complaining to ebay, what we can do is post about bad sellers and bad products here to warn others.
Yes, that does happen and I am in no way praising the sellers. As far as possible I try to deal with the sellers in the metros.
Also, if you had complaines to Ebay Gurrantee, I think they would have refunded the amount. Atleast in my case, they were very active and did a refund in a good short time. That is the reason I was impressed with them.
Old 26th September 2013, 09:14   #847
BHPian

Quote:

Have you left a negative feedback? Also, do make sure you lodge a complaint with ebay. The attitude "I knew complaining was going to go nowhere" is very bad for online shopping. Because other buyers who may not be a member of TBHP will learn about the seller from your feedback.

I think there is some fault from your side too:
i) You ordered something from a seller whose feedback is not 100% that too with a mere 40 transactions.
ii) You should have read the feedbacks - there is already a buyer who was unhappy with the purchase of bullet indicators.
iii) You didn't clarify with the seller about the following "INDICATORS FOR CUSTOM DESIGN CHOPPER MOTORCYCLES" "Applications / Compatible With : royal enfield, harley, custom choppers and other bikes".
How one indicator can be compatible with RE, Harley and other bikes???

Yes lots of sellers are scammers on ebay but you have to choose the seller carefully as with any other online shopping stores.

Last edited by archat68 : 26th September 2013 at 09:15.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:21   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
Snapdeal.com

Bought Jopasu - Large Combo Gift Pack from SD.
Amount Paid: Rs.1190-10%=Rs.1071/- Availed 10% discount using promo code AUTO10
This time, I was slightly disappointed by the delivery time. It took almost a week for the delivery from Pune.
Otherwise packing was good & I got all the items in good order.
Satisfaction Index: 4/5
I bought exactly the same package and very happy with the Zopasu duster primarily. It works wonders. Takes just 2-3 mins to dust off the car.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:25   #849
BHPian

Quote:

I politely disagree to that my friend. You must report this to ebay customer protection and resolution team. There is a link on your dashboard. I am sure you will get a call from resolution center and your money will be refunded. The seller might ask you to ship things back and you should refuse and ask for a reverse pickup to be arranged.

Rest assured your money will be refunded by ebay if the seller is unable to match your basic expecations. I have done that in past and am happy with the way ebay handles disputes.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:39   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
I politely disagree to that my friend. You must report this to ebay customer protection and resolution team. There is a link on your dashboard. I am sure you will get a call from resolution center and your money will be refunded. The seller might ask you to ship things back and you should refuse and ask for a reverse pickup to be arranged.

Rest assured your money will be refunded by ebay if the seller is unable to match your basic expecations. I have done that in past and am happy with the way ebay handles disputes.
Good to hear that Pahwa.

I have made several purchases through ebay & luckily has not encountered any of these situations.

But in worst case scenarios, we will follow the above steps. Thanks for the advice.
Old 26th September 2013, 16:37   #851
Senior - BHPian

Yes been regular on ebay but i make sure to buy from powersellers with good rating. Had a difference of opinion on a product which was not what i expected. Seller said its metal but it was plastic looking like metal.

Ebay stepped in, gave me a refund. Seller did not bother to ask for the item.

Got refund and the item. go figure
Old 27th September 2013, 00:05   #852
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
OK - Maybe you have had a bad interaction with Ebay or a specific seller. My experience has been great on the other hand. Please do not generalize.
Well, not one bad experience, but a few over the years.

Ebay to me is like a shady neighborhood store, where the staff treats you like you are wasting their time if you ask too many questions, just look around or do not complete your purchase within a few minutes.

By and large, dealers are not regulated in terms of pricing, quality or accountability. I'd rather not step into that jungle, unless I am looking for something rare or hard to procure locally. For regular items like laptop and media players, I find it hard to fathom why anyone would want to go through the trouble of finding "trustworthy" sellers on Ebay, when there are many alternatives that offer better user interface, professional customer care & sane pricing.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 27th September 2013 at 00:16. Reason: typo
Old 27th September 2013, 01:20   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well, not one bad experience, but a few over the years.

Ebay to me is like a shady neighborhood store, where the staff treats you like you are wasting their time if you ask too many questions, just look around or do not complete your purchase within a few minutes.

By and large, dealers are not regulated in terms of pricing, quality or accountability. I'd rather not step into that jungle, unless I am looking for something rare or hard to procure locally. For regular items like laptop and media players, I find it hard to fathom why anyone would want to go through the trouble of finding "trustworthy" sellers on Ebay, when there are many alternatives that offer better user interface, professional customer care & sane pricing.
Yes. I also agree with you. Even with powersellers you might get refurbished or fake products. If same product is available in other trusted sites like snap deal, flipkart I would rather pay little extra rather than keeping fingers crossed. Also eBay don't have rating or review of product. So there is no chance of knowing about quality if product until it reaches you. In flipkart just seeing couple of reviews we can easily make out the quality of product and if it is genuine or not.
Old 27th September 2013, 02:09   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Have you left a negative feedback? Also, do make sure you lodge a complaint with ebay.

Yes lots of sellers are scammers on ebay but you have to choose the seller carefully as with any other online shopping stores.
No I didn't bother with a feedback too, I asked the seller if he would take it back but I would have to pay return shipping

This is the second time this is happening to me, the previous time I left a - negative feedback, this guy went to ebay community and got the - negative feedback removed.
And the feedback was for a fake item.
Most of the so called "community member" are all sellers who only want to protect / cover each others behinds.

[quote=pahwa;3248779]I politely disagree to that my friend. quote]

I understand my friend, but I didn't have the time or the energy to run after this low life.
Old 27th September 2013, 09:40   #855
BHPian

Quote:

This is the second time this is happening to me, the previous time I left a - negative feedback, this guy went to ebay community and got the - negative feedback removed.
I am surprised to hear that the negative feedback was removed.

I understand there are quite a few bad sellers out there but I stick to the power sellers and its so far been good. I also look for the comments that have been written for the seller. But in your case you simply do not trust them - so my suggestion is keep away untill and unless the item is only available on ebay (and some of the items, truly are)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks