Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 10:30   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience with ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Stay away from Ebay. Most of the sellers are the online equivalent of the burma-bazzar guys. Once the money changes hands, you can only keep your fingers crossed.

Ebay return policy, conflict resolution and feedback system are all a JOKE. When you leave negative feedback, open up a dispute, it comes to Ebay "court". The "jury" comprises of the seller, his alternate ebay accounts and his friends. So, your case will get voted out 99% of the time; that's how most sellers enjoy 99% positive feedback. Some sellers even openly state that will abandon you, once you leave negative feedback.

And I almost forgot to mention, Ebay is also predominantly overpriced for new items. I would consider Ebay only for Used items from individuals. Even for used items, OLX and Quikr are more happening and efficient.

For online shopping in India for brand new goods, stick to Flipkart (Seller:WS Retail) and Myntra for clothes.
Yesterday eBay cancelled my claim saying that I did not send proof of damage from the registered email address even though I had sent mail multiple times from the registered email. Just after the claim got cancelled, a lady called from the seller side and started pleading to remove my negative feedback. She said that they would sell only sealed bottles from now on - does not matter to me. She said that the seller would refund 50% of the amount if I remove my negative feedback from eBay. I told her that I would not trade my feedback for money. That was the end of my transaction.

The only reason why I shop from eBay is because the product is not available on other online sites. I will try to stay away from eBay from now on.
Old 27th September 2013, 11:18   #857
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I bought a Nokia Asha 206 phone and 4 GB SanDisk memory card from Flipkart on Wednesday afternoon, and even though it was a CoD order, they were delivered to me late yesterday morning! Very impressive! The phone itself was Rs.250 cheaper than a few brick n mortar shops where I'd inquired.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th September 2013, 12:16   #858
Senior - BHPian

I've purchased a few items on Ebay.in, found it a lot cheaper than other sites, and the items were exactly as I expected. Ofcourse I do ensure that I only buy from vendors who have excellent feedback.

I've never had occassion to complain to Ebay, so cannot comment on their complaint redressal mechanisms. But I will most certainly visit Ebay.in for future purchases.
Old 27th September 2013, 16:36   #859
Team-BHP Support

Snapdeal is a pretty good site. Never had a problem with their products or dealers. However, they are using a logistics company called Delhivery. While these guys have been reliable with handling the orders, they are also the slowest courier service I've ever seen.
Normally, with online shopping, my ordered products are in hands within 2 days of the dealer shipping them. The two experiences that I've had with Delhivery, more than 3 days.
Old 27th September 2013, 16:56   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
No I didn't bother with a feedback too, I asked the seller if he would take it back but I would have to pay return shipping
and ebay will refund the returb shipping charges to you when you provide the copy of the courier bill.

I never faced similar problem of negative feedback removed. In fact that is your best weapon in the online shopping. I'm a avid online shopper - shopped hundreds of items from India, US, UK and China.
Old 28th September 2013, 00:34   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I am surprised to hear that the negative feedback was removed.

I understand there are quite a few bad sellers out there but I stick to the power sellers and its so far been good. I also look for the comments that have been written for the seller. But in your case you simply do not trust them - so my suggestion is keep away untill and unless the item is only available on ebay (and some of the items, truly are)

so was I !! the seller has his on forum where they get all the support from fellow sellers..
Old 28th September 2013, 01:57   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Snapdeal is a pretty good site. Never had a problem with their products or dealers. However, they are using a logistics company called Delhivery. While these guys have been reliable with handling the orders, they are also the slowest courier service I've ever seen. Normally, with online shopping, my ordered products are in hands within 2 days of the dealer shipping them. The two experiences that I've had with Delhivery, more than 3 days.
Some recent experiences:
Indiatimes - had ordered a room heater, arrived broken and caused a shirt circuit and mcb to trip. Returned via reverse pickup within 2 days. This was last December, got refund this month after umpteen follow-ups. Will never buy from indiatimes again. Courier company was delhivery.

Snapdeal - ordered a 3 tb hard drive which was at a low price. Courier company delhivery. Hard drive arrived dead. Reverse pickup in two days. Took one month to get refund after multiple emails, phone calls and complaining on their Facebook page. When I first posted on their Facebook page, they deleted my post. Then I spammed their page by posting the same thing on four five different posts as comments. Got a response that we will look into it and finally after another week and some follow up, got my money back. Don't think will buy from snap deal again.

Ebay - have been buying since quite some time. Mixed experience.. Last week bought a USB car charger for 150 bucks.. Item came.. Doesn't sit correctly in the socket and so slight movement causes it to go off.. Just kept it..

Big basket - quality of vegetables is not good.
Old 1st October 2013, 09:26   #863
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here ever ordered furniture online for this website: Furniture Mart India

They have the same kind of designs I am looking for and at a price point which is sweet.

I could not find any reviews that I could trust, hence the question.

Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 11:20   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_saraf View Post
Some recent experiences:
Indiatimes - had ordered a room heater, arrived broken .... Courier company was delhivery.

Snapdeal - ordered a 3 tb hard drive which was at a low price. Courier company delhivery.

Ebay - have been buying since quite some time. Mixed experience.. Last week bought a USB car charger for 150 bucks.. Item came.. Doesn't sit correctly in the socket and so slight movement causes it to go off.. Just kept it..

Well I am no one to judge the website, But one thing in common from both your bad experiences is the Courier company. Can they be the culprits who are making a mess of a perfect order. You never know.
No offences meant.

For Ebay- Always prefer Power sellers & that too after going through Feedbacks for the product you are ordering from those who have already purchased it.
There is a provision to contact someone who has already ordered & left a feedback. You can cross check.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 1st October 2013 at 11:41.
Old 1st October 2013, 14:06   #865
t18
BHPian

My online buying experience till date since 2009:

Bigshoebazar/Yebhi: 5 pairs of shoes, 3 sandals and 1 slipper.
Myntra: 1 pair of shoes and 2 T-shirts.
Flipkart: A novel and CD, 8GB MicroSD card, Bajaj iron, moisturizers, body wash, 1 pair of shoes, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 4 and V-Guard voltage stabilizer.
EBay: Digital weighing scale, Drill bit, Wave 2 cover and screen guard, S3 cover, Nexus 4 cover and screen guard.
LensKart: 2 sunglasses, 3 prescription eyeglasses.
WatchKart: Casio G shock watch.
JewelsKart: 1 Gold coin.

All these purchases from various sites and not a single complaint.
Old 1st October 2013, 14:29   #866
BHPian

I have ordered extensively from Jabong.com. The prices have been the best and their service couldn't get better. They keep you informed about your purchases and their logistics are world class.

I had a good experience with Caratlane as well. Would recommend them.
Old 1st October 2013, 14:36   #867
BHPian

Groupon.in ordered onions at 9/kg via credit card
surprisingly got a parcel via bluedart after 20 days with the onions. had given up and written off the 9rs.
Old 1st October 2013, 14:52   #868
BANNED

I ordered the Nexus 7 from Flipkart yesterday morning & it was delivered today morning. I think this is the quickest delivery I have got in my life from any online site.
Old 1st October 2013, 22:26   #869
Distinguished - BHPian

I did search the thread, and it is mentioned a few times: any recent opinion or experience of Greendust?
Old 1st October 2013, 22:28   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
LensKart: 2 sunglasses, 3 prescription eyeglasses.
WatchKart: Casio G shock watch.
JewelsKart: 1 Gold coin.
These three spam me big-time, so I have resolved they'll never get any business from me. I drive out to the nearest Titan Eye store and get my (and my family's) specs there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks