Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 20:14   #886
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

On 1st October, ordered "3D Mat for My Wagon R" on ebay.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/271249825710?...84.m1439.l2649

Today, on 4th, I took the delivery of the same.
Shipped from Delhi.
Good Quality Packing.
Fast response.
Satisfaction Index: 4.5/5

Packing used was different from the actual product
The Online Shopping Thread-2013_1004_172916ab.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-2013_1004_173405ab.jpg
Old 6th October 2013, 06:13   #887
BANNED

Are there mailbox rentals in India which can sign and receive packages for you. And keep them till you collect it? I know Regus does this - but their charges are pretty steep.
Old 6th October 2013, 14:51   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Are there mailbox rentals in India which can sign and receive packages for you. And keep them till you collect it? I know Regus does this - but their charges are pretty steep.
I used a different approach to achieve a similar result. Talk to the main courier aggregator guy at your place. The guys who send and receive couriers to/from endpoint courier guys.

They usually handle multiple courier companies. You can ask them to hold the parcel at the office and call you for collection. They will be happy to do so.
And if you're ordering something online, you can usually specify your preferred courier.
Old 6th October 2013, 16:11   #889
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I used a different approach to achieve a similar result. Talk to the main courier aggregator guy at your place. The guys who send and receive couriers to/from endpoint courier guys.

They usually handle multiple courier companies. You can ask them to hold the parcel at the office and call you for collection. They will be happy to do so.
So when ordering stuff, you give the address of the courier aggregator or your own address?
Old 6th October 2013, 16:48   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
So when ordering stuff, you give the address of the courier aggregator or your own address?
I give my own address .I asked the guy whether i should just put c/o 'xyz courier' ,but he insisted on my original address as per the instructions to them by courier companies. They will gladly hold it for you to pick up as it saves their operations cost.
Old 7th October 2013, 10:09   #891
Senior - BHPian

Finally thought i would give aliexpress a whirl and man the stuff they have is just insane. Ordered for a few cheap novelty items from sellers with good ratings. Shall update on service and delivery as days go by.
Old 8th October 2013, 21:08   #892
BHPian

Guys,

If you are ordering food (online!) here you go -

Coupon: TKOCTOBURP

30% or Rs. 250 discount (which ever is lower) on purchase over 399.

source: Some coupon website.

Cheers,

Ace.

Disclaimer: I'm Not associated in any way with the website.
Old 8th October 2013, 23:11   #893
BHPian

What's the deal with Snapdeal? I placed my first order, and was going to pay with my CC. But SSL was not turning on (no indication in browser address bar). Ended up using COD. I don't have this problem with any other site (eg. Flipkart, eBay).
Old 8th October 2013, 23:21   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
What's the deal with Snapdeal? I placed my first order, and was going to pay with my CC. But SSL was not turning on (no indication in browser address bar). Ended up using COD. I don't have this problem with any other site (eg. Flipkart, eBay).
It could be a blessing in disguise. Sometime back I ordered a wireless keyboard set through them. Selected cod since this was my first order to them. Even after 8 days the order didn't ship and eventually I canceled the order on the 14th day.

I didn't get any communication from them regarding this delay! I had to pro actively follow up and check the status.

I am for sure never paying upfront to snapdeal.
Old 9th October 2013, 00:34   #895
BHPian

Has anyone here bought clothes from websites of shirt/suit makers based in the UK? I thought I might give Charles Tyrwhitt or T M Lewin a try.
How long do the clothes typically take to arrive?
Any hassles/ charges at customs?
Old 9th October 2013, 00:52   #896
Senior - BHPian

With Snapdeal always opt for COD, their delivery can be very dicey. I ordered engine oil and some other stuff and paid by cc. While the other stuff came in within a couple of days the oil took three weeks. Snapdeal's support was a BIG ZERO. The oil was shipped via Blue Dart and therefore I was able to track as it slowly made it's way from Madras to Dilli. Will never pay in advance on Snap deal ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Old 9th October 2013, 09:50   #897
BHPian

I feel MOST of the online shopping media are garbage. Have had bad experiences with Flipkart, Snapdeal. Currently my hard earned 50K is stuck with Indiatimes from last 7 days. They have not dispatched, leave alone delivery and says it is ready for delivery they cannot cancel and refund.

Until there is a strong and quick acting Authority to take care of these things, these nitwicks will continue to fleece people

Myntra seems to be much better of the lot.
Old 9th October 2013, 10:25   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Have bought loads of stuff from Snapdeal starting from a microwave, external HDD, shoes, router, webcam, clothes etc. Service is pretty variable although prices are usually the lowest.

Thumb-rule for me is to budget plenty of time for delivery. Do not buy if you have a time constraint! Have learnt this the hard way twice when they simply delayed delivery on some pretext or the other. However, I did receive the delayed items eventually.

Some of their sellers use simple tactic of showing an item in stock even when it it not. Once they receive multiple orders, then they procure in bulk from the wholesalers. Definitely a sharp business practice but the lower prices do make up for it somewhat!
Old 9th October 2013, 11:41   #899
BHPian

Well here is my recent eye-opener experience.
reason for mentioning eye-opener is that I used to favour these online deals.

On 1st Oct13, I ordered an OBD for my car from a seller through e-Bay. Seller shipped using FEDEX on 2nd Oct13. Well the ETA was mentioned as 11th Oct.
The shipment reached Pune on 5th Oct13 Morning. Now comes the shockers one after the other.
FEDEX tracker showed that shipment is still in transit (at Bangaluru) till 10:00AM saturday.
On Saturday evening I got a surprise from my neighbour of D Wing (my flat is in C wing). He returned a FEDEX "We Missed you card" on my name & the same tracking number for the shipment which was in Bangaluru till Morning. Card was delivered to his flat in D Wing. He had enquired on FEDEX helpline for actual recipient. Wondered whether delivery boys could actually read C & D. Tracker updated to "Customer not available".When I chased FEDEX, they told delivery will take place on Monday. Informed them about there LITERATE delivery boys. Checked my address, it was spot on correct.
No one came on Monday, Tracker updated to "Customer not available". Chased FEDEX, was assured delivery will take place on Tuesday. Raised a complaint.
No one came on Tuesday, Chased FEDEX, was assured that proper actions have been taken on my complaints. Was requested to wait till 8:00PM, as that is the time till delivery van keeps delivering. Raised another complaint. Tracker updated to "Customer not available" with a time stamp of 5:20 PM. Wonder why was i asked to wait till 8:00PM?
Today morning's status is again "On FedEx vehicle for delivery". I have given up hope till tomorrow (11th), as this was the actual estimated date of delivery.

You can track Shipment No. "589915840056" & have the same fun that I am having.
Even the seller is surprised & shocked as me. He too is chasing FEDEX, raising complaints & my OBD Is still roaming around Pune on So called FEDEX Delivery VAN.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 9th October 2013 at 11:43.
Old 9th October 2013, 11:51   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
I am having. Even the seller is surprised & shocked as me. He too is chasing FEDEX, raising complaints & my OBD Is still roaming around Pune on So called FEDEX Delivery VAN.
I have had experiences similar to this after ordering on eBay. Same thing happened can't blame the seller either. Best thing to do is constantly call up fedex. Had instances where the courier was not even delivered but tracking showed as delivered. Probably expect better service from a reputed company like that but ultimately they appear to be just the same as other third rate courier companies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks