Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2013, 12:16   #901
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I too had many of these issues. Couple of instances where the status showed as "Incorrect address -please contact 123xxxxx", but even before I could complain, the delivery happened. I see this almost regular these days. There was another instance when I checked the status, it showed as "Delayed due to flight" but was delivered within few hours.

I have a feeling that there is a pull down menu where the delivery boys are expected to update the status by selecting one of the appropriate status and they just select them at random. This makes the entire delivery tracking system a joke.
Old 9th October 2013, 12:42   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
He too is chasing FEDEX, raising complaints & my OBD Is still roaming around Pune on So called FEDEX Delivery VAN.
Looks like FedEx delivery is in a mess. I had ordered a charger from ebay. It was shipped by FedEx. Their tracking says the item is delivered but I didn't receive it. When I asked the seller to show me the delivery receipt, he asked me to contact ebay customer care. I concur that ebay is making them ship via FedEx. I have requested ebay for delivery receipt. So far haven't heard from them.

Last year I had ordered some item on Naaptol, which was shipped by Aramex. Aramex tracking showed that item was delivered & but I had not received it. Naaptol furnished the delivery receipt & I didn't recognize the receiver. I persisted with Naaptol & Aramex support. Their investigation showed some fraud at Aramex delivery. Finally Naaptol did a refund after 2 months. After this lesson, I always go for COD while ordering on unknown sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I feel MOST of the online shopping media are garbage.
Almost all the online retailers are in red in terms of revenue. But delivery seems be not their problem. But delivery is the weakest link in their operation. If they don't fix it, they will lose whatever customers they have earned.
Old 9th October 2013, 18:13   #903
BHPian

Thanks Dry Ice & Khoj.

Surprised at Fedex behavior; must be a few rogue employees.

I ordered the Jopasu gift pack from Jopasu's official eBay seller midday on 7th. This evening at 5:30 pm a Fedex guy delivered the package. Awesome products, great service.

I am not optimistic Snapdeal will ship my products on time. I will be away for 5 days. I even called their customer service and said if they couldn't deliver by Saturday, he should cancel my order. He couldn't be bothered, saying if I wasn't home to accept the COD package, no problem, they'll just take it back. I wonder how much money they lose this way.
Old 9th October 2013, 18:14   #904
BHPian

Indian Plagiarism- A story of THEITDEPOT.

I just stumbled across the new layout @ theitdepot.com and realized that the whole layout has been copied from Flipkart's earlier version, even the damn logo placement. Is this the right time to call this the demise of innovation in Indian firms.

The Online Shopping Thread-depot.jpg
Old 16th October 2013, 11:57   #905
BHPian

Anyone having experience with Indiatimes shopping? Planning to buy an Xperia ZR, and currently Indiatimes is quoting the lowest price. When I checked the online reviews, most of em are on the negative side. So I've been pushing my purchase, hoping that the price on Flipkart may come down or some good offer may come up. But nothing yet, so thinking of purchasing from Indiatimes itself.
Old 16th October 2013, 12:04   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
Anyone having experience with Indiatimes shopping? Planning to buy an Xperia ZR, and currently Indiatimes is quoting the lowest price. When I checked the online reviews, most of em are on the negative side. So I've been pushing my purchase, hoping that the price on Flipkart may come down or some good offer may come up. But nothing yet, so thinking of purchasing from Indiatimes itself.
They are fine to shop from. I have bought few high value items from them in past including iPads, washing machines, led tvs and they shipped promptly. Never had to deal with customer service so can't comment on that.

Last edited by rohitbagai : 16th October 2013 at 12:06.
Old 16th October 2013, 12:15   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Use COD if available. Peace of mind .
Old 16th October 2013, 13:26   #908
BHPian

Anyone bought something from aliexpress yet? They are part of alibaba.com China's B2B and B2C ebay (infact they did more business than amazon and ebay combined in 2012).
I bought some cheap stuff last month to try it out. Shipping is slow but its free. You can find practically anything here at the best prices. They take care of the import duty and everything. You shop just like shopping from any e commerce site.
Old 16th October 2013, 15:38   #909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone having experience with Indiatimes shopping?
I purchased Toshiba 32" LCD from Indiatimes shopping. Their customer service/response & packaging is good but the only problem is shipping time. Got the product delivered after 7 days delay.

Still I recommend them for the competitive price.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:18   #910
Senior - BHPian

I am in the middle of setting up an online eye wear store . My payment gateway is PayU.
Now, I had signed up for an EMI option with PayU. Recently there was a RBI statement that there will be no more 0% EMI.
Now, the issue is how come the other etailers have it?
I asked the PayU guys is it only for new entrants, and they said its for all etailers. Yet even today you have an option for EMI.
Now, if this is a entry barrier, I wish to escalate as its an unfair practice, as India is still in its nascent stages of ecommerce and I think its not fair.
PayU cannot help, where can I raise this?

www.lensmech.com. My website is not live as yet, I wish to hear your feedback too.

Benny John

Last edited by beejay : 16th October 2013 at 18:19.
Old 16th October 2013, 20:24   #911
BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

A query on the rate difference between two online sites Recently there was a comparo in the DIGIT Magazine on the low end cameras (below 15000Rs) which are having BSI Sensors. The best buy was Nikon Coolpix S6500 and if price conscious the best value buy was S6200. Now S6500 lists for 11500 in flipkart and it lists for 9600 in snapdeal.com! How come so much difference between two sites? Almost 20%! Can we believe snapdeal and go order it? How come snapdeal is able to offer it so cheap?
Old 16th October 2013, 23:03   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Anyone bought something from aliexpress yet? They are part of alibaba.com China's B2B and B2C ebay (infact they did more business than amazon and ebay combined in 2012).
I bought some cheap stuff last month to try it out. Shipping is slow but its free. You can find practically anything here at the best prices. They take care of the import duty and everything. You shop just like shopping from any e commerce site.
I just bought some phonecases from aliexpress and it took exactly 1 month to reach here. They just take care of the shipping. I think you need to bear the import duty, if it is imposed on your package. The trick they usually follow is they under quote the invoice so that it passes through Indian customs without any checks.
Old 17th October 2013, 22:35   #913
Senior - BHPian

Bought a set of 2 car perfumes from ebay. I had ordered the item on 15th Oct at around 11 pm and today, I received the package.

I was expecting it to take a week to arrive since the seller had not mentioned any delivery timelines. Pleasantly surprised with the quick turnaround.

Here is the seller and product details - link.
Old 17th October 2013, 22:56   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Bought a set of 2 car perfumes from ebay. I had ordered the item on 15th Oct at around 11 pm and today, I received the package.

Here is the seller and product details - link.
Have dealt with him in the past. Had bought a car cover and a Mobile holder. I too did not have any complaints regarding the product/delivery times.
Old 17th October 2013, 23:46   #915
BHPian

Amazon India = eBay India?

Ordered Sandisk Ultra SDHC 8GB Memory Card from Amazon.in.
Order placed on 15-Oct-2013.
Received the item on 17-Oct-2013.
Extreme fast shipping.
Satisfaction Index: 4.75/5.0

One interesting thing I've noticed was that even though I placed the order on Amazon India, the parcel was carrying the eBay logo.

Does Amazon & eBay are tied-up in India? Or the seller (Mega_Bazaar in this case) is using eBay merchandise for shipping Amazon orders?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks