Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2014, 14:49   #1156

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Amazon has better delivery these days, but that's probably due to lower volumes. They know how to please customers though, so I expect them to acquire or push out Flipkart in the next few years. Let's see
Having known Amazon for a while through reliable sources, I can vouch for a fact that there is no mis-treatment of employees. Warehouse employees are not permanent and they are hired on contract basis due to high volumes during holiday seasons. IMO, the reports about poor working conditions in warehouses is nothing short of an urban myth.

Amazon has a speedy & efficient delivery system in place thanks to their well researched investment in their logistics. IMO, Flipkart's delivery is on par with Amazon. Nevertheless, Flipkart is also aware that they will face stiff competition from Amazon and I hope that they will raise the bar.

Last edited by anand.babu : 19th February 2014 at 14:58.
Old 19th February 2014, 15:46   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

This i2c seller, rather reseller, who resells GEB items listed abroad, is one of the worst sellers you can buy from. Unethical, unreliable, unprofessional, all rolled into one. If you have any doubts about the same, you can just check out their ratings. They are also quite slow. Its a much better idea, and much faster to use some other shipping option like ishop when buying from overseas eBay sellers.
Old 19th February 2014, 15:58   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
This i2c seller, rather reseller, is one of the worst sellers you can buy from.
Quite true. Just wanted the ebay assurance in the middle that is why had to opt for him.
Old 19th February 2014, 16:54   #1159
BHPian

^^

I somehow had a really bad experience shopping for a Mobile phone on eBay (US).

I ordered a Nokia 6100 last year & got it after 6 months of ordering.
The seller had to send the parcel twice due to custom issues & then the Indian postal department messed it up even more by sending the parcel from Mumbai (Customs Dept) to Pune when the actual address mentioned on the parcel was of New Delhi, with a proper Delhi pincode.

I had lost all hopes of receiving it, until one fine day when it suddenly appeared on my doorstep.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-image3437124142.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-image3663798153.jpg  

Old 19th February 2014, 16:55   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.babu View Post
Amazon has a speedy & efficient delivery system in place thanks to their well researched investment in their logistics. IMO, Flipkart's delivery is on par with Amazon.
Last couple of times, I have noticed that Flipkart delays shipping so that one opts for their faster delivery option (which costs more). Shipping from warehouse happens 2-3 days after order is placed in case of standard delivery and probably same day in case of "In a day guarantee".
Old 19th February 2014, 17:05   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
I somehow had a really bad experience shopping for a Mobile phone on eBay (US).
Shopping on ebay (US) is quite different from Global ebay.in. Here you are assured of delivery till your doorstep or full money refunded, delivery to your home is usually done by Bluedart, no custom hassles, payment in rupees not in dollars. People also use ishopinternational to shop from US sites due to some recent problems by the I2C reseller but then ebay assurance as a middleman is gone.

Last edited by dkaile : 19th February 2014 at 17:06.
Old 19th February 2014, 17:30   #1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Last couple of times, I have noticed that Flipkart delays shipping so that one opts for their faster delivery option (which costs more). Shipping from warehouse happens 2-3 days after order is placed in case of standard delivery and probably same day in case of "In a day guarantee".
I don't think Flipkart delays its standard shipping to direct customers to choose "In a day guarantee". Flipkart would previously deliver the products well before the estimated delivery date. They still do albeit with a lag of 1 or 2 days. Many of us still expect them to deliver our orders the next day when they promise 2 to 3 days when placing the order .

Premium service is what "In a day guarantee" is all about.
Old 19th February 2014, 17:51   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Quite true. Just wanted the ebay assurance in the middle that is why had to opt for him.
Chances are that eBay will not act against this re seller (i2c world) like it would with other sellers. So I'm not sure how good that assurance will be in real, if/when you really need it. Even in my case, eBay rejected my claim against them, though they have always ruled in my favor when against other sellers. The reason may well be that GEB purchases thru i2c are much more profitable for eBay and/or they have some inside connection/contacts.
Old 19th February 2014, 17:54   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chances are that eBay will not act against this re seller (i2c world) like it would with other sellers. So I'm not sure how good that assurance will be in real, if/when you really need it. Even in my case, eBay rejected my claim against them, though they have always ruled in my favor when against other sellers. The reason may well be that GEB purchases thru i2c are much more profitable for eBay and/or they have some inside connection/contacts.
please post the details for benefits of all users. this otherwise looks interesting.
Old 19th February 2014, 17:56   #1165
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Flipkart since long. There delivery used to be mostly before or on specified date. However after the one day delivery scheme came into place I have noticed delay in standard delivery.
Old 19th February 2014, 18:03   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I have purchased 2 phones in the past from this reseller with zilch issues. I would rather go by my own experience rather than anyone else's.
Old 19th February 2014, 18:13   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.babu View Post
I don't think Flipkart delays its standard shipping to direct customers to choose "In a day guarantee".
I had posted this in G+:

https://plus.google.com/112929706764...ts/fF4NDdwNoJd

This was a product that was available in ample quantities all over the place.
Old 19th February 2014, 18:14   #1168
Senior - BHPian

^^^Of course, most of us do. Its just worth keeping in mind that mostly no seller will give a bad experience to ALL their buyers. Else they will go out of business way faster. What they will do is swindle a subset of them, and make enough extra money by defrauding that subset. Next time, it may be your turn or mine, to be part of that subset. Hence others experiences also matter, don't they? Unprofessionalism, blatant lies is another factor when it comes to i2c.

Just a note of caution to others who may be tempted to go with GEB/i2cworld for such deals.

Last edited by Raccoon : 19th February 2014 at 18:18.
Old 19th February 2014, 18:54   #1169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I had posted this in G+:

https://plus.google.com/112929706764...ts/fF4NDdwNoJd

This was a product that was available in ample quantities all over the place.
I am not sure if it was a late delivery. When you book your product, you will be shows a standard delivery time. And in my personal experience, the product is delivered on or before the date.
Just for example, i booked few books and screen guard yesterday.
It shows 'in a day delivery' by 20th and 'standard delivery' by 22nd.
Today morning i see, the order is already been shipped and will be receiving it by 21st. So there is no delay whatsoever. I have never had any delays or problems with flipkart till date.
Old 19th February 2014, 18:57   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

Same experience with flipkart. The orders used to arrive within a day for local transfer and two days for out of city orders. Now most of my recent orders took three or more days. Just yesterday I received a set of books which took three days to reach excluding the Sunday in between, totalling to four days.

They used to ship immediately after payment, but now shipping gets delayed by a day or two. Next, the package arrived at my local Hub monday early morning. The status even read "Out for delivery" but in the night the status changed to "Not delivered due to excess load". Not sure if the load meant the size of the package or their delivery schedules. Received it the next day, ie tuesday afternoon. Guess there is good amount of intelligence behind the in a day scheme. For bigger products, I dont mind paying 100 more, like maybe a computer component or something expensive. But for a book, T shirt etc its not so fair.

Most Viewed