Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 21:40   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

If an offer is one only per customer, that's fair enough, if they state it clearly. Imposing such a limit after the event is not good.

I wanted DeOxit... After seeing all sorts of restrictions on shipping aerosols from USA, I found it at Grabmore. It was expensive, but not much more that the US $price, it is expensive stuff, it seems.

I got my DeOxit can in just two or three days. No hassle.
Old 15th May 2014, 22:06   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If an offer is one only per customer, that's fair enough, if they state it clearly. Imposing such a limit after the event is not good.
The saddest part is the same can be done with the customers secondary email Id and mobile number. Amazon clearly states that few of the items on their website to be one per customer but flipkart doesn't and if this was a sitewide policy am wondering how a friend of mine ordered 5 MotoE's with a single user I'd?
Old 16th May 2014, 13:45   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Irritated with FlipKart and have written them the following letter;
Shankar, any response from flipkart?

There is something wrong with their delivery system.
I ordered a shoe on Tuesday.
Got the delivery yesterday around 5pm.
At 7.45pm I got a message from them saying "...could not be delivered because my phone was unreachable. "
After a minute another message came saying "...the shipment will be delivered by 7pm."

I suspect some technical glitch in their delivery tracking system.
Old 16th May 2014, 21:18   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
There is something wrong with their delivery system. I ordered a shoe on Tuesday.
The combo of FK and Shoes seems to be very iffy !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
I regularly purchase stuff online. Find it very convenient. Usually stick to Flipkart, given its great service history, but my last experience with them makes me think they are headed downwards.

Summary
1. Purchased shoes from Flipkart, delivered in BLR in 2 days (typical of FK).
2. Shoes too big, ordered for replacement of lower size.
3. Replacement shipped immediately, next morning got an SMS indicating person out for delivery. Here is where things start to go bad.
4. Flipkart raises the cost of the product. Thus suddenly, the replacement request is cancelled (even after status says "Product out for delivery").
5. Get an SMS from FK - Replacement request has been cancelled based on "your request". How convenient.
6. Speak to CC, they agree to process a refund. This is on 15 March.
7. Get an SMS next day, that person is on way to pick up the order.
8. Later that evening, get another SMS, pickup has been rescheduled as per "Your Request".
9. Send a stinker to FK. Hide lousy service in the name of "Client's request". Ask them to share details of "my request". no response.
10. Promise a priority pickup in 24 hours. Nothing happens.
11. Escalate again after 24 hours, get an email saying product will be definitely picked in 24-48 hours.
12. 48+ hours after the last email, and nothing has changed.

Is Flipkart service going down or what? Their HSR hub is just next door. Just feel like going there and just dumping their stuff, but then I could have put in that effort during the purchasing step and have avoided all this hassle.

Old 16th May 2014, 22:36   #1355
Distinguished - BHPian

Hah even I had ordered a pair of Puma running shoes for an attractive price from flipkart. They delivered it in 24hrs even though I didnt opt for the same. After I saw them, I felt I might need a size bigger. The length of my leg was fitting okay with the shoes but I felt the overall height and width must have been more. So I tried return. To my surprise, the bigger size ie 11 was not available and the color was also not available. I find this as a surprise since my dad got interested in the shoe and it was available half hour back when he checked. When I logged out and checked, the product was available in all sizes and colours.
Since the shoe was comfortable enough, I dropped the idea of investigating the issue.
Old 16th May 2014, 23:22   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Bought Moto E yesterday night from flipkart as soon as it was back in Stock. Opted for one day delivery as dad's birthday is on 22nd and I didn't want to take a chance with the surprise. They confirmed the order and within 2 hours I got a mail that due to some circumstances delivery will be done on 24th may. I shot them a reply stating I need it by 21st stating the reason and that's why I paid extra for one day delivery. No reply for the mail.

So i tweeted them. Got a reply instantly.

Received a mail after an hour of tweet-

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Flipkart!

Order :OD4051604

Title :Moto E (Black)

We are writing to you about the delivery of your recent order for Moto E.

We request you to ignore the earlier e-mail that was sent out saying that your order has been delayed. This was sent because of a technical glitch which we have now fixed.

We would like to let you know that your order for Moto E with In-a-day guarantee guarantee priority delivery service is proceeding smoothly without any delay and we assure you that it will be delivered to you as promised.

Regards,
Flipkart Customer Care

Now, the tweet clearly shows that there was no glitch and they just delayed delivery cos they were out of stock but still took the order stating that the mobile is in stock. I never had a bad experience with FK and i may probably receive the mobile tomorrow itself. But, i am not happy with the way they are doing business now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-edapa9ub.jpg  

Last edited by harry10 : 16th May 2014 at 23:23.
Old 20th May 2014, 19:25   #1357
BHPian

Okay, so after 2 years of flipkarting, they finally managed to screw me over. I sent them an email. So the story somewhat goes like this. I ordered shoes, shoes were delivered, I wanted to return and get a bigger pair but little did I know that the moment I'd file a return request, something stupid was about to happen. Something is really messed up with flipkart's servers. Anyways, the end result of my email was a highly apologetic phone call and immediate refund into my flipkart account wallet. Here's the email attached.

"This is the 3rd time I'm composing this Email to your non existent customer service, to all those people I've spoken to and all the assurances I've gotten, it's 6 PM now of the 7th day and yet, no one is bothered to pick my product up and return my money. I am absolutely pissed off, I am sick and tired of calling the helpline number, I am sick of receiving text alerts from Ekart logistics to keep my product ready for pickup, I am sick of false assurances. I need my money back at the earliest. Even with my complaint transferred to the "priority" section of your facility, still nothing even remotely seems to happen. I shudder to even think why would flipkart do this to me. I, for, one last time, request you to return my money. And please don't promise that my product will be picked up at the earliest because it just doesn't happen. And the most ironic thing is that your Bannashankari transit hub /warehouse is so damn close to my house and yet on the 7th day, I see no sign of response? All I see are false promises and false text alerts. I had spoken to one flipkart executive named Ms Banerjee two days ago who had assured me, after speaking with her team leader /floor supervisor that "IF" my product doesn't get picked up on Saturday, all I had to do was call you people on Sunday and initiate a refund which would be aptly transferred to my flipkart Wallet. So, when I called yesterday, I was told that the refund is not possible before the product is picked up and I was insanely furious. What sort of hell bent service are you people providing, you guys have redefined the meaning of customer service. All I want is for you to return my money and take your godforsaken product. "
Old 20th May 2014, 22:00   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Received an e-mail from Flipkart that I get to be their Flipkart First subscriber free for the first 3 months.

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Flipkart First Subscription Service.

Congratulations, you are one among the 75,000 participants who will get this service FREE for the first 3 months.

As part of the service, on Flipkart First eligible products, you will enjoy:

FREE Next day Deliveries
Free shipping on your orders
Discounted Same-day-Delivery
60-day Replacement

You will also get Priority Customer Support for all your orders.

We will inform you about the start date of your subscription shortly.

Warm Regards,
Flipkart Team
Old 20th May 2014, 22:26   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Received an e-mail from Flipkart that I get to be their Flipkart First subscriber free for the first 3 months.
I got the same msg too.
Old 21st May 2014, 13:27   #1360
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I got the same msg too.
I didn't make it

Got this email:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in the 3 Months Free Subscription for the Flipkart First Service.

Lakhs of Flipkart customers showed interest in this offering. We are sorry that your email id was not among the winning list, others got luckier this time around.

However, you may always subscribe to Flipkart First as soon as we launch the paid service and enjoy the exclusive benefits that come along!

Warm Regards,
Flipkart Team

Last edited by Oxy : 21st May 2014 at 13:28.
Old 21st May 2014, 13:49   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I didn't make it

Got this email:

[/left]
Maybe because you are not a regular customer. Me too got the same mail.

I generally spread my purchase over Amazon, Flipkart, Shopclues and Tradus. Hence not loyal to particular merchant.
Old 21st May 2014, 14:20   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Maybe because you are not a regular customer. Me too got the same mail.

I generally spread my purchase over Amazon, Flipkart, Shopclues and Tradus. Hence not loyal to particular merchant.
Not true. I have been buying from flipkart since start and still didn't get the subscription. So, its completely random.
Old 21st May 2014, 14:32   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Bought this a couple of weeks back and like always, Motorcycle Superstore was excellent in all aspects of shopping online.

The buying experience was a breeze and it took me only a few minutes. The item was promptly delivered on the committed date and I was kept informed via email too.

Highly recommend this site for ease of shopping and peace of mind.

P.S. Item was shipped within USA to my cousin's address who will be getting it down for me next month.
Old 21st May 2014, 14:49   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Have been buying online for quite a number of years. This includes shopping in Team-bhp itself which I must say has the fastest response rate. Recently purchased groceries from bigbasket.com and their service was pretty good, the quality of the food items was also top notch. The price is a bit on the higher side for some items if I compare them with offline retailers like MK Ahmed.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:00   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Have been buying online for quite a number of years. This includes shopping in Team-bhp itself which I must say has the fastest response rate. Recently purchased groceries from bigbasket.com and their service was pretty good, the quality of the food items was also top notch. The price is a bit on the higher side for some items if I compare them with offline retailers like MK Ahmed.
Make sure you use payumoney option on bigbasket.com, they are safe and you will get 5% of every purchase subjected to a maximum of 50/- INR per transaction.

The best part of bigbasket is the quality & pricing (at times high) of vegetables, meat and fruits. The local stores (run by people from Kerala) in HSR Layout have atrocious pricing for vegetables and fruits, there are people to buy them

They don't argue on the quality of products, if I am dissatisfied with items received, all I need is a call to refund my money, no questions asked.

Most Viewed