Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 08:48   #1891
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Moto E for peace of mind. Redmi has a lot of heating and under-performing battery issues.
Ordered the Redmi 1S. Just thought will try something different.
Old 6th October 2014, 09:05   #1892
BHPian

I just tried my hand at the Flipkart 8am sale for a chance at one of the "steal deals" which are priced in a manner reminiscent of the Re 1 Air Deccan flight tickets of yore.

Anyway it turned out to be an F5 and clicking competition on the keyboard. I did get lucky once or twice and managed to add an item to my cart but in each case it vanished before I could finish the checkout formalities, which is annoying as while its all good to be subject to a game of chance as far as getting an item is concerned, once done checkout should not be rushed (it could be time limited like airlines do, though). Is there any trick to success that I do not know?

On a seperate note, there seemed to be some reasonable offers on shoes and I ordered a pair of Adidas Woran Outdoors shoes for Rs 1845. It does not have ankle protection like my Quechua but is perhaps better suited for driving.

Last edited by Kumar R : 6th October 2014 at 09:19.
Old 6th October 2014, 09:34   #1893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I saw this on Mahesh Murthy's (a known FK baiter) Twitter stream.
The linked article shows some evidence (such as it is) for this claim.
Well, I saw it for myself last night. One of the Lenovo tablets was listed for 7500/- on the banner on homepage. When you click on it, you will be taken to the product page which lists the same item for 10,000/-. I know for sure that the product was being sold at 7500/- for quite some time till the Big billion day sales.

Edit:: Today the same tablet is listed for 5000/-. So though the discounts are NOT as much as shown, the customer still benefits!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th October 2014 at 09:38.
Old 6th October 2014, 09:36   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
I just tried my hand at the Flipkart 8am sale for a chance at one of the "steal deals" which are priced in a manner reminiscent of the Re 1 Air Deccan flight tickets of yore.

Anyway it turned out to be an F5 and clicking competition on the keyboard. I did get lucky once or twice and managed to add an item to my cart but in each case it vanished before I could finish the checkout formalities, which is annoying as while its all good to be subject to a game of chance as far as getting an item is concerned, once done checkout should not be rushed (it could be time limited like airlines do, though). Is there any trick to success that I do not know?

On a seperate note, there seemed to be some reasonable offers on shoes and I ordered a pair of Adidas Woran Outdoors shoes for Rs 1845. It does not have ankle protection like my Quechua but is perhaps better suited for driving.
I think "Steal deals" is totally fake. I logged in exactly at 8:00 am but still everything was "Out of Stock". Its just to increase the traffic on website.

I somehow managed to buy a kenstar mixer grinder for 900 odd rupees. Still haven't received any sms or email of order confirmation . So I am skeptical they will honor the order
Old 6th October 2014, 09:40   #1895
Distinguished - BHPian

I ordered the Redmi 1S with COD option. It wasn't showing initially in my order list but now has started reflecting as under process. Haven't received any confirmation yet.

Also ordered 2 other Moto E phones with 10% cashback from Citibank effectively making the phone cost only 5k which is a steal I believe. Infact regretting ordering the Redmi so soon in the morning. Otherwise would have got an additional 10% cashback on that too.
Old 6th October 2014, 09:50   #1896
BHPian

I am trying to order the Mi 10000 mAh powerbank since 20 mins. It's repeatedly going on and off the cart and doesn't allow me to checkout. Will keep trying.

It's available for 999/- by the way!

Edit: Finally, ordered successfully in the first attempt through Mobile App!!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 6th October 2014 at 09:56.
Old 6th October 2014, 09:52   #1897
BHPian

500: Internal Server Error!!
I wonder how these guys will manage today! I am sure the customer experience will be horrible with these messages whole day long! Also check out snapdeal and Amazon, they have what they call "Lightning Deals", i can see Nexus 5 for 22K.
Old 6th October 2014, 09:54   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
I am trying to order the Mi 10000 mAh powerbank since 20 mins. It's repeatedly going on and off the cart and doesn't allow me to checkout. Will keep trying.

It was always listed for 999/- by the way; and this problem was before too!
Old 6th October 2014, 09:58   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post

It was always listed for 999/- by the way; and this problem was before too!
I ordered not based on the discount, but based on price comparison with other sites.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 6th October 2014 at 09:59.
Old 6th October 2014, 10:45   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Ordered one 1 Moto E and 1 Redmi 1 S. Now waiting for the cash back on my Citi Bank card on or before February 10, 2015..
Old 6th October 2014, 11:09   #1901
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
I ordered it three days ago for the same price. No discount today so you could have waited.
Old 6th October 2014, 11:18   #1902
Senior - BHPian

I've purchased one year subscription, not sure if it's worth 399 but I do shop on flipkart frequently. Most of the deals don't sound too good when compared with snapdeal but some of them are good VFM,at 5.5K moto e seems to be the best thing one could get as of now. Regarding conformation mail, I clicked on forgot password option and didn't get any mail to reset! I guess their mail server might be overloaded as of now.
Old 6th October 2014, 11:45   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Funny experience on Flipkart today.

My fingers were constantly itching to join the shopping bandwagon and I was wondering what to buy, atleast buy something on this big billion sale day.
So I looked at the pricing and searched for some low cost stuff which wouldn't hit my pocket of un-neccessary shopping expense.

Found Park Avenue Deos to be selling at Rs.123.
I then recalled that I haven't been using a deo since 2 days when it got over. So thought of putting my hard earned Rs.123 to buy a Deo.
Alas, when I clicked on the link, it took me to a 500 Internal Server error. I thought it was some offer, later realised that I had to press F5. So pressed F5.

Now the product value was shown as Rs.160 + Rs.40 Shipping.

So what was at Rs.123 + Free Shipping, was now Rs.200 inclusive of shipping.
Phew, my local kirana store sells at 140 and I will go and buy from there.
Hell with you Flipkart.

And some customary emoticons from an irritated customer:

Old 6th October 2014, 11:49   #1904
Team-BHP Support

Ordered a Moto E for Rs. 5499. Had bought one for Rs. 7000 few months back. Awesome VFM device. Couldn't resist the offer.
Old 6th October 2014, 12:04   #1905
BANNED

There are lots of stuff which are being offered at prices at which they have not been offered on flipkart before and also in any B & M store. For e.g. Lumia 520's are being sold for 4999 on Flipkart today. The lowest price I have seen in FK any time recently has been 7K & lowest price at B & M is 6000. Rs. 4999 for a Lumia 520 is a steal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks