Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 12:07   #1906
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Guys, the Nokia Lumia 1020 is offered at 19,999/-.

How good is the deal...?
Old 6th October 2014, 12:08   #1907
BHPian

Feeling nostalgic as Flipkart reminded me of IRCTC of old times Had fun ordering a phone and a few other things..
Old 6th October 2014, 12:14   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
There are lots of stuff which are being offered at prices at which they have not been offered on flipkart before and also in any B & M store. For e.g. Lumia 520's are being sold for 4999 on Flipkart today. The lowest price I have seen in FK any time recently has been 7K & lowest price at B & M is 6000. Rs. 4999 for a Lumia 520 is a steal.
Yes, and it has an upper hand over Moto E in terms of internal memory. 4 GB internal memory is a disaster waiting to happen. Not all apps can be moved to external memory.

Lumia 520 over Moto E any day.
Old 6th October 2014, 12:20   #1909
BHPian

Kudos to Amazon!

Here’s my recent experience with Amazon which was very loyal to the customers when compared to other sites like EBay, Flipkart, Jabong etc.

Two weeks back I made a payment for a HP laptop for 39K from Amazon; the very next day when I saw the price of the same I was shocked. The price has come down to 33.5K By the time the seller had already dispatched the item through DTDC courier which is known for its timely deliveries. Even though it’s shipped, I requested for cancellation due to the price difference, Amazon was ready to cancel but they have to get the confirmation from the seller which was duly accepted on the second day of the request. Forth day I got a call from DTDC saying that the LAPTOP is held up with the sales tax department and I have to make the tax of 10K approx. plus the fine to release the consignment. I’ve explained the situation to them and asked them to contact the seller instead of me. Next day I got the confirmation from Amazon that I don’t need to worry about the consignment issues which has to be taken care of the seller. Seventh day I got the refund from Amazon and I have ordered the same laptop for 39K but the payment was not successful due to some network issues or so. As per Amazon’s policy once the first payment is failed in between they will issue an email to revise the payment and I waited for the email and eventually I forgot this. Next day when I checked the price another surprise, the price has gone up to 41.5K!! But to my dismay, I was not required to make the present price but I only have to make the payment for 33.5K which was the price when I was ordering for the second time. Amazon’s another plus feature where we can block the purchase at the booked price for 2 days! The consignment was delivered promptly after 3 days with proper packing through Bluedart where DTDC took sweet 4 days to reach the state check post. Kudos to Amazon for the wonderful service and understanding the situation where your hard earned money is going for a toss which is not yet available with any other sites IIRC
Old 6th October 2014, 12:34   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Bought 8 t-shirts from Flipkart and a Western Digital external hard drive from Amazon. Both purchases done on 1st Oct. Delivery date was 8 Oct understandably as 2nd and 3rd were holidays. But got Flipkart package on 4th and Amazon on 5th. These 2 sites have become my Primary buying hubs as they never disappoints with high quality service.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:04   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Guys, the Nokia Lumia 1020 is offered at 19,999/-.

How good is the deal...?
Actually, it's a really good one. One of the few good deals available in Flipkart's sale. The phone is mostly available for over 30k.

Really disappointed with the offers available after the huge hype created by them. Steal deals are all fake IMO, getting customers by putting up out of stock label just like they did with the Redmi 1s.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:08   #1912
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Never knew of this Flipkart Sale.
Got delivery of Moto G 2nd Gen on Saturday for 13k for my Mom & today i see it for 9k for the Big Billion Day Sale. Now as soon as my Mom finds out she's going to lecture me!
Old 6th October 2014, 13:18   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Just couldn't resist from sharing this !!
Source: Undoubtedly FB :-p

The Online Shopping Thread-img_21081522057546.jpeg
Old 6th October 2014, 13:24   #1914
BHPian

The times of India lists ADATA 2 TB HDD for Rs 600. Did anyone manage to buy this? I couldnt even find the listing.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:29   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Aha, no sellers are available for my location - 560076 - BTM 2nd Stage, Bangalore.
So where are they selling this Emergency Light ? In Villages, or Timbaktu ?

And now, a customary emoticon for Flopkart.

The Online Shopping Thread-flopkart.jpg
Old 6th October 2014, 13:45   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Never knew of this Flipkart Sale.
Got delivery of Moto G 2nd Gen on Saturday for 13k for my Mom & today i see it for 9k for the Big Billion Day Sale. Now as soon as my Mom finds out she's going to lecture me!
Price is still 12999 and the offer of 8999 is only against exchange!

Old 6th October 2014, 14:30   #1917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Feeling nostalgic as Flipkart reminded me of IRCTC of old times
I used to call it Stinking heap of steaming doggy dung. And that was even before they locked out my mobile number so that I could no longer use the account I had been using for years (and with one or two trips a year, obviously not being an illicit agent) and gave me no decent support at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Aha, no sellers are available for my location - 560076 - BTM 2nd Stage, Bangalore.
So where are they selling this Emergency Light ? In Villages, or Timbaktu ?
I am also getting this for quite a few items --- in sub-urban Chennai. Maybe some sellers only service addresses within walking distance
Old 6th October 2014, 15:53   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Feeling nostalgic as Flipkart reminded me of IRCTC of old times Had fun ordering a phone and a few other things..
Looks like their hype did them in. They got huge traffic but seemed unprepared to tackle it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
... somehow managed to buy ... Still haven't received any sms or email of order confirmation ...
I too ordered something, a Nexus 7 2013 32GB tab for 14.5k, but haven't yet got a confirmation or a order number. And when I called up my credit card company to check if they've transferred money to the merchant, support staffer was already aware of this mess and told that several others are facing same problem. Although amount has been transferred, I too do not expect order to be placed. Just hope they refund without any fuss.
Old 6th October 2014, 16:22   #1919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Really disappointed with the offers available after the huge hype created by them. Steal deals are all fake IMO, getting customers by putting up out of stock label just like they did with the Redmi 1s.
What did they do with the Redmi 1S? It was available all morning very easily. Has gone out of stock now it seems.
Old 6th October 2014, 16:27   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Looks like their hype did them in. They got huge traffic but seemed unprepared to tackle it.

I too ordered something, a Nexus 7 2013 32GB tab for 14.5k, but haven't yet got a confirmation or a order number. And when I called up my credit card company to check if they've transferred money to the merchant, support staffer was already aware of this mess and told that several others are facing same problem. Although amount has been transferred, I too do not expect order to be placed. Just hope they refund without any fuss.
Looks like a sale without anything in stock or deliverable at your location

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks