Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 14:25   #2161
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Hows the experience of folks ordering stuff from Snapdeal? I took the plunge and ordered for this laptop today.

ETA dispatch time is 1 day

Just ordered this from Snapdeal

By far the best deal that I could see on the internet for the following specs

Dell Inspiron i5 3542

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/dell...-i5/1722212006
  • 4th Gen i5 Processor
  • 8GB Ram
  • 1 TB HDD
  • Optical Drive
  • Win 8.1
  • 2 GB Dedicated Graphics Card
  • Dell Warranty (including onsite)
After discounts price paid is : INR 43, 481

Is this is a decent deal?

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th October 2014 at 14:27.
Old 17th October 2014, 14:51   #2162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hows the experience of folks ordering stuff from Snapdeal? I took the plunge and ordered for this laptop today.

By far the best deal that I could see on the internet for the following
Guess since its an expensive transaction, the service may be different, but a friend ordered a steam iron and it wasn't even dispatched for ten days, after which surface courier took four days to move it from Jaipur to Delhi. The order was eventually cancelled by my friend since the timelines had exceeded by a huge margin.
Old 17th October 2014, 15:53   #2163
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered a simple logitech optical mouse from amazon. their courier partner GATI has branch 20kms away from my town. Courier franchisee(Perumbavoor) delayed for few days telling they will deliver after few days and they hadn't. So, I've asked a friend going through that route to collect the courier for me. Online shopping sites imagines India is a big city just like how it is in Bangalore or Bombay; which is not true in most of the cases. A courier franchisee will serve at max around 5-10kms around the town. Cannot expect fast delivery with most online shopping sites in my place.

Last edited by deepclutch : 17th October 2014 at 15:55.
Old 17th October 2014, 16:44   #2164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

By far the best deal that I could see on the internet for the following specs

Dell Inspiron i5 3542

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/dell...-i5/1722212006
  • 4th Gen i5 Processor
  • 8GB Ram
  • 1 TB HDD
  • Optical Drive
  • Win 8.1
  • 2 GB Dedicated Graphics Card
  • Dell Warranty (including onsite)
After discounts price paid is : INR 43, 481

I found another deal on Ebay (which may be better):

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Dell-Inspiron.../231355809150?

this one features:
  • 4th Gen Core i7 Processor
    4GB Ram
    500 GB HDD
    Optical Drive
    DOS
    2 GB Dedicated NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M DDR3L

I can upgrade the RAM and drive if later needed (or rather buy a portable HDD). OS what you prefer.
Best of all if we apply the EBAY voucher we get a cool 3000 Rs off!
this is the final steal deal for only 39200/-

The Online Shopping Thread-dell-i7.jpg
Old 17th October 2014, 21:21   #2165
BHPian

Myntra does it again. Ordered a pair of Umbro gym shoes last evening at around 7:40. Were delivered today before noon. Impressed.
Wonder why Flipkart is not able to deliver these days when they can utilize the same couriers at least within small limits.
Old 18th October 2014, 06:12   #2166
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

I really love Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com

I keep getting notifications about new book releases from some of the authors whose books I ve been collecting. Also new DVD releases because I am an old fashioned avid collector of certain genres of movies/ TV serials.

Invariably, I make a pre-order for these.

The whole process is so smooth and seamless.

The book gets released, the latest price of that book gets updated, the book gets shipped, I get charged and hey presto! In 10 -12 days time, the book is at my doorstep!

Amazing efficiency!

The sheer selection of books and movies (of the genres I am interested in) that are available on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk and Sendit.com far outweighs anything available via flipkart, Amazon.in and any other website here in India.
Old 18th October 2014, 08:00   #2167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Myntra does it again. Ordered a pair of Umbro gym shoes last evening at around 7:40. Were delivered today before noon. Impressed.
Wonder why Flipkart is not able to deliver these days when they can utilize the same couriers at least within small limits.
Its just isn't flipkart, mate!

I ordered stuff from ebay on the 15th and Jabong on the 16th, still no luck! In my previous experiences with Jabong, they've been blazing fast. If Mnyntra can manage such prompt deliveries, why can't the rest?
Old 18th October 2014, 10:11   #2168
Senior - BHPian

I bought a Jopasu duster from Snapdeal.com on 10th Oct and it is stuck at "Pune PNQ" since 12th.

Tracking ID : http://t.co/vLUKBKPcTQ

The estimated delivery date is 21st October, but it doesn't look like it'll be delivered by then.

On twitter Snapdeal replied 2 times stating regret, but I don't think any progress is being made.

I called their number, but only got an automated response saying that the package will be delivered by 21st.

Thinking of ordering from somewhere else, or maybe I should wait upto 21st.
Old 18th October 2014, 10:21   #2169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
The estimated delivery date is 21st October, but it doesn't look like it'll be delivered by then.
I ordered some stuff from snapdeal some 15 days ago. It was shipped through Velex logistics. The date of delivery as per snapdeal was 13th Oct. However, it was not delivered until 13th. Then they updated their page and stated the new delivery date to be 18th Oct. Finally received the shipment on 15th Oct, though it was lying in the logistic hub in my city!!
Hence, I think you should wait. If its shipped, it will be delivered; though late.

Regards,
Saket
Old 18th October 2014, 11:54   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Jopasu duster from Snapdeal.com on 10th Oct and it is stuck at "Pune PNQ" since 12th.

Tracking ID : http://t.co/vLUKBKPcTQ

On twitter Snapdeal replied 2 times stating regret, but I don't think any progress is being made.

I called their number, but only got an automated response saying that the package will be delivered by 21st.

Thinking of ordering from somewhere else, or maybe I should wait upto 21st.
I am also experiencing a similar situation. Ordered jopasu car duster from snap deal and it was shipped on 6th Oct and have not received it yet. Tracking information shows that courier guys returned the item citing no service zone. When enquired with snapdeal they said that they are trying to ship it again. I am completely in dark and waiting.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:10   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Still worse, I ordered on 10th and it is stuck in Pune . The courier is "Delhivery" and the reputation doesn't seem to be very good.

My friend ordered on 11h and he got it on 14th shipped via Bluedart
Old 18th October 2014, 12:32   #2172
Senior - BHPian

Bipy far the best experience I have had in terms of delivery period has been Myantra They probably stock stuff locally as well. Snapdeal has been inconsistent. sometimes they deliver the next day and for some products ( like the Popasu Duster) they take long. Flipkart took 10 days to deliver the laptop I had ordered on 6 Oct. Amazon will deliver a printer I had ordered on 10 Oct on 22 Oct.

I had also ordered some stuff on Amazon on 10th Oct. On 12 th I got a message that my bank had delined the credit card authorisation and the order had been cancelled. Yesterday I got a message that the same consignment has been shipped on 14th ( BTW the credit card payment was not declined by my bank).

What I gather from the above transactions is:
1) Myantra is very good.
2) Others are inconsistent at best. In some cases they delier fast ( local delivery/ air shiment). In other cases you may have to wait for 7-20 days.
3) Delivery timelines have also been negatively impacted due to the festive season.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:39   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Still worse, I ordered on 10th and it is stuck in Pune . The courier is "Delhivery" and the reputation doesn't seem to be very good.

My friend ordered on 11h and he got it on 14th shipped via Bluedart
I had ordered jopasu on snapdeal on 13th and it was delivered today. BTW, I had ordered on "Pay on delivery" term.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:41   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
I had ordered jopasu on snapdeal on 13th and it was delivered today. BTW, I had ordered on "Pay on delivery" term.
There you go.. I forgot to mention, my friend had opted for COD, whereas I paid upfront. Lesson learnt!
Old 18th October 2014, 13:25   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Its just isn't flipkart, mate!

I ordered stuff from ebay on the 15th and Jabong on the 16th, still no luck! In my previous experiences with Jabong, they've been blazing fast. If Mnyntra can manage such prompt deliveries, why can't the rest?
What I meant was since Flipkart owns Myntra, maybe they could, and this may be very impractical or a huge change because I dont know how and where they stock everything, optimize the Supply chain in such a way that if there are two orders from the same house one from FK and one from Myntra or returns for that matter, the same guy can deliver or collect the stuff.

I have a feeling if done, though it might take a lot of resources and investment, common local hubs/stock houses will in the long term be a smart move for them.

Most Viewed