Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 17:54   #2206
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Yes, @2~2.5K it is indeed. RoC has elaborated on Parallels beautifully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Then my deal is definetly awesome and more than value for money

What is parallels? Does it help between switching OS like Win 7 and Win 8.1?

I have never used Win 8.1 and little sceptical with metro interface and more comfortable with Win 7

It seems all of them are handling Diwali loads pretty well. I ordered a laptop from Flipkart on the 16th night, the same was delivered at noon, on Saturday 18th and this for standard delivery. Had also ordered some other stuff alongside, like screen guards etc and the same got delivered today. For these items the seller was not WS retail but Scratch guard and one other seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow! Iam super impressed with SNAPDEAL

I ordered for a laptop costing ~43K on Oct 17th and I received the laptop today (Oct 20th) afternoon.

Talk about prompt delivery
Old 20th October 2014, 18:12   #2207
BHPian

I have a completely different opinion about Snapdeal this time. I had ordered a car cover on 10-Oct. The MRP of the cover was 4K and Snapdeal was running some offer under which it had put a selling price of 700 and a deal price of 581.

Having ordered it on 10-Oct, I am still waiting for it to get shipped. Meanwhile they had cancelled my original order after the order status changed from 'order received' to 'Your order is packed and waiting for courier pickup'. They then created another order for the same product with a different Product code from the last time with a revised ship out date of 22-Oct. The current status of this order is again 'Your order is packed and waiting for courier pickup'. Wonder if it is going to meet the same fate as the last one.

I have ordered from Snapdeal earlier in its glorious days and got great service from them, but now I am highly disappointed to say the least.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-snapdeal.jpg  

Old 20th October 2014, 18:15   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
It seems all of them are handling Diwali loads pretty well....
Seems that deliveries are back to normal at Flipkart after the BBD sale fiasco. Ordered Sennheiser headphones yesterday afternoon and they were delivered today morning.
Old 21st October 2014, 01:40   #2209
BHPian

My laptop SATA-to-PATA caddy finally arrived today after nearly 3 months in transit. I had ordered this from AliExpress on July 23 -- product shipped on July 26. Transit was by ordinary national post.

The packaging was superb and the product quite satisfactory (at about 50% of the cost it is available for in India). You can see the India customs clearance slip tied to the package with a bit of jute rope.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_3657.jpg

Last edited by Kumar R : 21st October 2014 at 01:43.
Old 21st October 2014, 11:29   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a camera worth 25K from Amazon on 14th October - this is an amazon fulfilled delivery , paid in advance. Opted for free shipping - in fact forgot to choose the 2-day guaranteed delivery from amazon during checkout. Estimated delivery was between 22-25 Oct on the day of booking.

Package was shipped by the seller ( Saholic ) on 17th and amazon moved the estimated delivery date to 27th - that's close to 2 weeks from booking. And it's been sitting at the local fedex courier centre since 18th October. Note the "future delivery requested" and "Package not due for delivery" in the fedex tracking. I think they're gonna wait till the last day before delivering. It looks like the idea is that if you don't pay extra - we'll deliver as late as possible.

In flipkart I used to get books worth Rs 70/- within 2 days with free delivery. And this is a 25K camera I'm talking about - the shipment was available in Bangalore . Don't want to shop on amazon again.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-fedex.png  

Last edited by sdp1975 : 21st October 2014 at 11:37.
Old 21st October 2014, 11:39   #2211
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
My laptop SATA-to-PATA caddy finally arrived today after nearly 3 months in transit. I had ordered this from AliExpress on July 23 -- product shipped on July 26. Transit was by ordinary national post.
I am glad you waited patiently.

One consignment consisting of plastic tools took over a month for delivery. I had opted for the free shipping but looks like India Post took their sweet time in delivering it. In the meantime, I cancelled the order and the amount (5$) was refunded but I promised the dealer to pay if the consignment shows up. And it did! But the dealer isn’t responding now despite sending him a couple of messages.
Old 21st October 2014, 12:47   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I am glad you waited patiently.

One consignment consisting of plastic tools took over a month for delivery. I had opted for the free shipping but looks like India Post took their sweet time in delivering it. In the meantime, I cancelled the order and the amount (5$) was refunded but I promised the dealer to pay if the consignment shows up. And it did! But the dealer isn’t responding now despite sending him a couple of messages.
I was very worried when the 45 day purchase protection was running out. While there was the option to cancel, I decided that I needed the item more than the potential loss of Rs 690 and therefore decided against cancelling (in case they managed to recall the item).

Here is the detailed tracking from Chinapost -- the two big delays are in the transit it took to reach Kolkata (51 days) and the time in Kolkata customs (23 days)

The Online Shopping Thread-china-post-airmail-mail-tracking-result.jpg

This could be a problem for people ordering more expensive stuff since the urgency to cancel will be high once the order does not look forthcoming for delivery.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:26   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Ordered a camera worth 25K from Amazon on 14th October - this is an amazon fulfilled delivery , paid in advance. Opted for free shipping - in fact forgot to choose the 2-day guaranteed delivery from amazon during checkout. Estimated delivery was between 22-25 Oct on the day of booking.

Package was shipped by the seller ( Saholic ) on 17th and amazon moved the estimated delivery date to 27th - that's close to 2 weeks from booking. And it's been sitting at the local fedex courier centre since 18th October. Note the "future delivery requested" and "Package not due for delivery" in the fedex tracking. I think they're gonna wait till the last day before delivering. It looks like the idea is that if you don't pay extra - we'll deliver as late as possible.

In flipkart I used to get books worth Rs 70/- within 2 days with free delivery. And this is a 25K camera I'm talking about - the shipment was available in Bangalore . Don't want to shop on amazon again.
I ordered a number of small things first day of their one week sale and a couple of days before that. Most of them havent been delivered yet. Mostly shipped through Aramex or Gati. Its really quite annoying to see something listed as kept in Bhiwandi warehouse for a week or routed through Hyderabad for shipping to Bangalore. The 8-9 day delivery window has passed for all of these.

Over the weekend, ordered some books with two day delivery and those got delivered in a day so does not seem like a major infrastructure constraint. Seems like Amazon really wants people to start paying for the one day or two day shipping options.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:29   #2214
Distinguished - BHPian

I ordered an Asus Fonepad from Flipkart yesterday. If I had ordered it in the afternoon, I could have got it today, but ordering it the night delivery is now a week. I suppose everybody has Divalli holiday, and I just have to be patient with that.

Also Flipkart mailed earlier to say that Flipkart First was suspended due to rains. What, they don't have any boats?
Old 21st October 2014, 18:26   #2215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Over the weekend, ordered some books with two day delivery and those got delivered in a day so does not seem like a major infrastructure constraint. Seems like Amazon really wants people to start paying for the one day or two day shipping options.
Similar experience here with Amazon. The order has reached Bhiwandi and no update for the last couple of days. I had ordered earlier too, for low cost products and they have always reached in 2-3 days. It has been a week since I ordered and this is the status. Needless to say, very disappointed.
Old 21st October 2014, 18:36   #2216
Team-BHP Support

Ordered a non-essential item on Amazon, chose regular delivery. Last update was 19 Oct evening, showing package has left courier company location, no updates after that. Classic age-old dirty trick. Get people hooked by offering good stuff/service for cheap/free, then charge once they're addicted. The lemmings will pay up.

Well, this lemming has a good mind of buying the item locally and refusing delivery when it arrives (I chose COD payment)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st October 2014 at 18:39.
Old 21st October 2014, 18:55   #2217
Distinguished - BHPian

I had ordered Stanley 9 Piece Torx Bit set from ebay and Bluedart site mentions the delivery date as 20th Oct (Yesterday). When I saw no changes in the status, I called up Bluedart customer care who after taking the details (Waybill No.) responded to me that a lot of packages are lying in the Airport for a scan and hence it will take another day or two for the package to be delivered.

Diwali rush coupled with festive offers and the trend of online buying?
Old 21st October 2014, 19:00   #2218
BANNED

Ordered JBL GTO751EZ on Snapdeal as had a good price . Now issue is the amp goes in protection mode on increasing volume and if i stay at this volume the amp will move in and out of protection mode repeatedly till i reduce volume .

I asked Snapdeal for refund/replacement they say not possible .

12K down the drain as JBL said warranty is not entertained for Snapdeal sold products.
Old 21st October 2014, 19:22   #2219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
12K down the drain as JBL said warranty is not entertained for Snapdeal sold products.
Did you write to Snapdeal after that? Time to fight it out!

Snapdeal indicates a 1 year brand warranty for the amp then why should you lose your hard earned money?

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 599
Size:  5.6 KB

Send the mail with all the details to Snapdeal's owners - ceo@snapdeal.com, coo@snapdeal.com (looks like they've changed their mail IDs; it used to be their first name[dot]last name[at]snapdeal[dot]com before) and mark a CC to help@snapdeal.com. Don't let go off the 12k that easily!
Old 21st October 2014, 20:14   #2220
BHPian

I had ordered Redmi1s as a part of the Flipkart BBD sale. They never delivered it and now the support team is asking me to cancel the order and reorder it thru the weekly lottery.

I tried sending multiple emails but now they have stopped responding. Does anyone know how do I escalate this problem?

Thanks.

Most Viewed