Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 11:15   #2296
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I was looking for prices of the Lumia 730 and on Flipkart, it shows the price of the phone prior to discount to be Rs. 17,499, while the phone was launched in India for Rs. 15,299!

Has the price been hiked by Microsoft?

Or, is it possible that the hike is portrayed by Flipkart just to show greater discounts?

The Online Shopping Thread-lumiafk.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-lumiams.jpg
Old 28th October 2014, 11:18   #2297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Snapdeal says they will replace / refund . Now i have a question since only if i increase volume the amp trips it is like on and off cycle .So i to be truthfull really do not know is the amp really faulty as my old trusty 3501 GTO doesnot trip on the same setup.I guess i will just give it back for peace of mind.
Any update(s) on this front?
Old 28th October 2014, 11:38   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I was looking for prices of the Lumia 730 and on Flipkart, it shows the price of the phone prior to discount to be Rs. 17,499, while the phone was launched in India for Rs. 15,299!

Or, is it possible that the hike is portrayed by Flipkart just to show greater discounts?

The Nokia Priority Stores in Mumbai sell this model at 14999 & its available for as low as 14300 with other offline retailers. Please don't buy this from Flipkart, ever since they turned into a marketplace, I have stopped trusting them for fair prices.
Old 28th October 2014, 13:23   #2299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Got it for 14300 with two years warranty from Microsoft and one year insurance against theft, damage from a nearby shop. Flipkart and Amazon are horrible in this aspect.
Old 28th October 2014, 13:52   #2300
Senior - BHPian

How did you get two years warranty?
Old 28th October 2014, 14:41   #2301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
There is a warranty check page in seagate's website. I once pulled out the HDD from my laptop and put its serial number in this website to check. I got the message you said above. That it is an OEM drive, so contact the device manufacturer.
Thanks for the confirmation.

I fear, then, that we are taking a gamble when we buy these disks.

There isn't a choice: you can see from responses here that people would be actually surprised to get their hdds, complete with mounting screws, etc, and a printed manual/warranty, in an end-product box.

The lesson is: hdd is a throw-away device. When it fails, just throw and buy another one. Whilst one might get manufacturer warranty cover, one also might not.

In reality, when a hdd fails, we need a new one now. Not in whatever time it takes for the manufacturer to assess our claim and maybe send us a refurbished replacement.

(The lesson is also, as always of course: backups. )

Further FlipKart Failures....
My Asus phonepad, ordered on 21st, deliverable by 28th, has not even moved since my last post.

Either the tracking is rubbish or the service is.

Ironically (or insultingly!) it is currently available with next-day delivery guaranteed.

If it has not arrived today I will cancel it and order again COD. And maybe get it tomorrow!
Old 28th October 2014, 15:23   #2302
BHPian

I ordered 2 Blue rays from Amazon Seller "Pritam Music Company" on 16th oct, for 10 days it was yet to be dispatched and then they suddenly cancelled order saying item is not available. Sent a mail to Amazon , see what happens
Old 28th October 2014, 15:40   #2303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
My Amazon package has been lying in the Bangalore facility for a full 5 days now, according to their own package tracker. Even accounting for a couple of days off for Diwali, it's pathetic service
No movement on the package, order date 14 Oct, last known update on tracking page shows Bangalore arrival on 22 Oct. Complained to Amazon earlier today, they say they've asked the courier partner to deliver within 48 hours. Very rude customer service, act like they're doing me a favor by checking status.

Amazon, welcome to my 'DO NOT SHOP' list.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:04   #2304
Senior - BHPian

Amazon India is worst when it comes to customer service. Couple of times I gave -ve feedback about seller/product, they never bothered to follow up.

I have placed an order for a book (COD) last week (20th october) and expected dispatch date is 20th November .
Old 28th October 2014, 16:07   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Same with my order, it was at the Jakkur facility for 3 days,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
No movement on the package
ARAMEX courier, by any chance? Mine is stuck in their warehouse in Hebbal from 23rd.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:10   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
ARAMEX courier, by any chance? Mine is stuck in their warehouse in Hebbal from 23rd.
Mine was Amazon's own service, not sure of the name. I received the package on Saturday. Email them and check the status, it is a written document too.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:41   #2307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The tracker page mentions Amazon's in-house delivery service, not a 3rd party courier. I've had good experiences with Amazon in the past (as recently as September 2014), but they seem to be falling in line with everyone else, delaying shipments unless one pays extra for delivery (no assurance of good service even if you pay). I'm not one to have unreasonable expectations, but taking two weeks to deliver a package in this day and age is ridiculous. Snail mail travels faster than that.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th October 2014 at 16:43.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:58   #2308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I fear, then, that we are taking a gamble when we buy these disks.

There isn't a choice: you can see from responses here that people would be actually surprised to get their hdds, complete with mounting screws, etc, and a printed manual/warranty, in an end-product box.

In reality, when a hdd fails, we need a new one now. Not in whatever time it takes for the manufacturer to assess our claim and maybe send us a refurbished replacement.
I had purchased a Western Digital HD from Flipkart, and I received it in the typical anti-static bag and foam packaging (well done). It was one of these 'naked' drives, not a retail one.

It died within a month of use, and I reached out directly to Western Digital India for a warranty claim (instead of Flipkart), which WD honoured. I was without a HDD for about 5-7 days. Yes, that period without the HDD was a pain, alleviated somewhat by the fact that I have more computers than I need!!

But the replacement did arrive in a reasonably timely manner. One must note that most HD companies do not replace warranty claims with "new" drives, but rather with refurbished ones.

I had huge concerns about such refurb ones, but that replacement one has been chugging away just as well, with no cause for concern. So I'm now reassured that their QA for refurb drives is as good as new ones.
Old 28th October 2014, 17:26   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if my tweet to @Aramex helped, but the item is out for delivery now.
Old 28th October 2014, 17:59   #2310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I had purchased a Western Digital HD from Flipkart, and I received it in the typical anti-static bag and foam packaging (well done). It was one of these 'naked' drives, not a retail one.

It died within a month of use, and I reached out directly to Western Digital India for a warranty claim (instead of Flipkart), which WD honoured. I was without a HDD for about 5-7 days. Yes, that period without the HDD was a pain, alleviated somewhat by the fact that I have more computers than I need!!

But the replacement did arrive in a reasonably timely manner. One must note that most HD companies do not replace warranty claims with "new" drives, but rather with refurbished ones.

I had huge concerns about such refurb ones, but that replacement one has been chugging away just as well, with no cause for concern. So I'm now reassured that their QA for refurb drives is as good as new ones.
Thanks for that. It is reassuring.

Most Viewed