Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2015, 18:12   #2896
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Anyone knows what's happening with BigBasket nowadays?

Recently the quality has gone bad: both veggies and staples. Moving on to the local store till they get the right quality products.

Edit: This downward spiral started around Aug-Sept last year and now the quality is just unacceptable.

Last edited by Pallavi : 14th March 2015 at 18:15.
Old 14th March 2015, 18:40   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Anyone knows what's happening with BigBasket nowadays?

Oops. I just made three orders this week with them and things were pretty good. My third order is scheduled for tomorrow morning and this is the first time I tried veggies and fruits. I am paying cc on delivery.
Old 14th March 2015, 20:20   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Oops. I just made three orders this week with them and things were pretty good. My third order is scheduled for tomorrow morning and this is the first time I tried veggies and fruits. I am paying cc on delivery.
If you dont like the quality of the products delivered, you can refuse to take delivery of the things you are not satisfied with and pay for just what you accepted.

Not all the fruits/veggies are bad but it had been much much better.
Old 14th March 2015, 20:36   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
If you dont like the quality of the products delivered, you can refuse to take delivery of the things you are not satisfied with and pay for just what you accepted.

The rates are pretty good compared to a super market. They have a 5% discount going on plus a 10% for the first 2000 registered customers. Works out to a decent value which we don't get when buying in Spencer's or Niligiris..
Will check the fresh produce tomorrow before paying.
I also got an auto credit of 10% for my first order that was delivered one hour later than scheduled, without me asking. Didn't know they have an SLA for delivery!
Old 14th March 2015, 21:47   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
I also got an auto credit of 10% for my first order that was delivered one hour later than scheduled, without me asking. Didn't know they have an SLA for delivery!
Not just that.. if your order is confirmed and any product of that order is not delivered, you get a complete refund plus 50% of the value of the product.

Very good service. Just hope they go back to the initial quality of fruits and veggies
Old 15th March 2015, 11:02   #2901
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Not all the fruits/veggies are bad but it had been much much better.
I fully agree. Their services and products are definitely on a downward spiral. Quality is hit and miss now and the 'automatic' credit is seldom given unless one calls and remind them. Think they have built in the fact that many people will forget the credit into their business model.

One bugger had the gall to tell me that the green tomatoes he brought will definitely turn red by next morning. Took him to my unoccupied servants room and told him he is welcome to spend the night turning them red. Started stammering saying 'sir sir.....'

They have enjoyed the first mover advantage till now but trust me, things can start going downhill very fast. Hope they buck up!
Old 15th March 2015, 12:45   #2902
BHPian

The "Online Shopping" Thread

Just got the order delivered now from bigbasket.com. 30 mins late but am ok with that as I got a call alerting on delay.
The fruits and veggies were good and nicely packed in breathable ziplock covers, very convenient to go direct into the fridge. Overall am happy. Third order so far so good.
Liked their use of technology. They have a Bluetooth card swipe machine that uses the phone network to authorize, neat!

Last edited by diyguy : 15th March 2015 at 12:48.
Old 15th March 2015, 16:08   #2903
BHPian

The "Online Shopping" Thread

They have credited 10% back to my account for the delay, again automatically without my having to ask for it. So far Bigbasket.com is rocking for me...

Last edited by diyguy : 15th March 2015 at 16:23.
Old 15th March 2015, 16:52   #2904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have credited 10% back to my account for the delay, again automatically without my having to ask for it. So far Bigbasket.com is rocking for me...
We are using ibuyfresh.com - KPN quality and impeccable on time service with people who speak workable englis, good for staples, groceries, veggies et al.

Tried them?
Old 15th March 2015, 16:59   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
We are using ibuyfresh.com
Tried them?

They are around the corner from our house, gotta check store vs online prices. Do they have any offers on groceries online? In store they charge mrp.
Old 15th March 2015, 17:18   #2906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recently the quality has gone bad: both veggies and staples. Moving on to the local store till they get the right quality products.
My wife has moved completely to zopnow.com and towness.co.in. The latter has a selection of organic fruits and vegetables as well. And the 3-hour delivery is welcome too.
Old 15th March 2015, 17:20   #2907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are around the corner from our house, gotta check store vs online prices. Do they have any offers on groceries online? In store they charge mrp.
I think online is only a bit cheaper esp fruits.

No offers per se but the time saved is worth it, esp when one is traveling etc. We shop there for convenience. Almost 10 orders by now - we're hooked!
Old 15th March 2015, 18:06   #2908
Senior - BHPian

I have been using towness for over two years now. On occasions, the quality of the cauliflower has not been upto the mark. On a couple of occasions, the weight of the product was delivered short. Wrote to them and they offered an instant credit, no questions asked . I have a scale at home and weigh all unmarked/ unpackaged veggies just to be safe.

I will swear by their quality. What I have observed in the B&M malls/ supermarkets is that the staff tend to swipe away a lot of the fresh and good quality veggies as soon as they are unloaded from the delivery truck. What you get in the shelves is most probably the previous day's stuff or low quality ones. Towness has not yet let me down in terms of quality of veggies.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:12   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
One bugger had the gall to tell me that the green tomatoes he brought will definitely turn red by next morning.
This is one of the main problems i face as well. The fruits like pineapple, papaya are delivered raw. Takes 3-4days for them to be ripe enough to eat. Sometimes they just go bad without ripening.

Quote:
The fruits and veggies were good and nicely packed in breathable ziplock covers
I thought zip lock covers are a thing of the past. Nowadays the veggies are being delivered in sealed covers. Or maybe only new customers get the privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My wife has moved completely to zopnow.com and towness.co.in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
We are using ibuyfresh.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have been using towness for over two years now. ..
I will swear by their quality.

Time to try new stores..
Old 16th March 2015, 16:22   #2910
Distinguished - BHPian

Very much off-topic in this dedicated (and some of us are very dedicated ) on-line-shopping thread, but I want to encourage people to buy stuff like fruit and veg from their local small vendors. It is not an easy life: they already have to compete with supermarkets.

People will grumble when they are all gone. Let's help to make that not happen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks