Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 22:31   #3601
Team-BHP Support

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Think they have sold out their entire India allocation with no immediate plans of re-stocking it. Flipkart has 'permanently discontinued' it.

Everything points towards a Mi-Band 2 launching pretty soon. Get ready for flash sales and pre-ordering
Oh, that's bad !

I was hoping to gift dad one soon. Looks like I will have to look elsewhere now.
Old 17th July 2015, 12:11   #3602
BHPian

Oneplus VR Cardboard is now in stock at Amazon for 99+40 if anyone is interested. https://oneplus.net/cardboard
Old 20th July 2015, 14:55   #3603
Senior - BHPian

More money coming this way:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48137506.cms

(standard disclaimers on ToI's journalism standards apply)
Old 20th July 2015, 15:17   #3604
Team-BHP Support

1. Had ordered a 3M car wash shampoo (250 mL bottle) from PayTM and a Coimbatore based seller (Aditya Car Spa) shipped it in a well packed box filled with styrofoam sheets. But the cap wasn't sealed using cellophane/masking tape and the threaded cap also had the provision similar to that of moisturiser/shampoo bottles to take the contents out (press at the top) and a quarter of the volume spilled inside the box.

Raised a refund claim and PayTM asked for photographs, promptly sent them those, they accepted the claim, the courier guy came to collect the bottle back and PayTM refunded the amount. Pleasant experience.

2. Had ordered a Stanley crimping plier from Amazon India last Friday (wanted to get one from Ali but the price was almost the same plus the 15-20 day waiting period for shipping) and had paid for a second day delivery (Rs. 50). Amazon failed to deliver it on the second day so the additional amount was refunded. They couldn't deliver the consignment altogether citing the shipment was sent back (exact reason wasn't mentioned) and refunded the entire amount today morn.

Placed an order with Flipkart today.
Old 20th July 2015, 15:23   #3605
BHPian

One plus power bank 10000 MAH is back in amazon and black already sold out. If anyone interested.
Old 20th July 2015, 16:00   #3606
Senior - BHPian

So, my Aliexpress courier's tracking details have not been updated for last 20 days.
I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
One plus power bank 10000 MAH is back in amazon and black already sold out. If anyone interested.
What is special about this? Almost 50% reviews are negative.
Old 20th July 2015, 16:09   #3607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
1. Had ordered a 3M car wash shampoo (250 mL bottle) from PayTM and a Coimbatore based seller (Aditya Car Spa) shipped it in a well packed box filled with styrofoam sheets.
I had ordered Bosch wipers for my car on Amazon from the same seller with the same careful packaging style. Definitely a firm with whom I'd do business again.
Old 20th July 2015, 16:19   #3608
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I had ordered Bosch wipers for my car on Amazon from the same seller with the same careful packaging style. Definitely a firm with whom I'd do business again.
I think it was a genuine mistake from their side because the bottle was packed so well inside the box but the guy in charge of the packaging, perhaps forgot to apply the tape at top of the cap.

This was all that was left:

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150715_19_52_54_pro.jpg

This was what I had meant:

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150717_09_49_55_pro.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20150717_09_50_00_pro.jpg
Old 20th July 2015, 19:42   #3609
BHPian

Is something happening with the WS Retail in Flipkart? Normally that is 1 seller I trust, since its the retail wing of Flipkart. But these days I find very less choices from WS retail. Just now I was searching for a cable router and did not find anything from a reputable company and decent config, which is in stock.

Already I have started with Amazon, given the discussion on App only mode, now this seems to be another obstacle in me returning to Flipkart.
Old 20th July 2015, 20:29   #3610
BHPian

Hello Friends , I have ordered a LED screen for my thinkpad from Aliexpress today for USD 71 and approx Rs 45## was charged to my card. This is my first time with Aliexpress. Will i have to pay customs duty ? If yes any idea how much ? The seller has shipped it via normal China post registered mail. Thank you !
Old 20th July 2015, 21:00   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Will i have to pay customs duty ?

It is touch and go on duty. If your seller declared on he package that it's value is 10$ or less then you may get away. However my friend ordered a knife sharpener for 3$ and his package was opened in Kolkata and a duty demand of rs230 was attached. He had to pay it. I have received so far 29 packages with values from 1$ to max of 22$ and have escaped this duty till now.
Old 21st July 2015, 09:53   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Is something happening with the WS Retail in Flipkart? Normally that is 1 seller I trust, since its the retail wing of Flipkart.
WS Retail stopped being the retail wing of Flipkart long ago due to government regulations. They are an independently owned entity, but at one time were shipping 70% of Flipkart's sales. Flipkart has steadily reduced their dependence on WS Retail for obvious reasons.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:05   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
WS Retail stopped being the retail wing of Flipkart long ago due to government regulations. They are an independently owned entity, but at one time were shipping 70% of Flipkart's sales. Flipkart has steadily reduced their dependence on WS Retail for obvious reasons.
I was aware they they had parted ways, but found them to be very reliable compared to other sellers. At the peak of it, I found almost anything and everything used to be sold by them. Looks like they have scaled down significantly.

From Day 1 I used to buy it from them blindly, and never had a problem till date. Probably time to look at other portals as well.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:48   #3614
Senior - BHPian

Speaking of FlipKart, I recently ordered a Huawei Powerbank from WS Retail.

For some reason, the item was not eligible for the in a day delivery scheme. Even though I was ordered through a Flipkart first account.

To my surprise, none of the powerbanks I could find whose sellers came under the Flipkart Advantage program could deliver it in a day.

Something to do with batteries and airplanes?

I've no clue. Just a random guess.
Old 21st July 2015, 17:24   #3615
Senior - BHPian

Excellent experience with Amazon and wait for it...

India Post!

Had ordered a Belkin Surge Protector and a 2A car charger on Amazon on Sunday. Was shipped from Delhi via India Post and it was delivered today!

That said, I have never had a bad experience with India Post. Very prompt and very fast delivery.

Way to go India Post!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks