Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2015, 22:58   #4081
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Bought XBox One from Amazon.in for Rs. 30,000 (- Rs 1500 as cashback) with Halo Bundle. Had planned to get it from US this December but that would have been of almost equal cost because of the requirement of UK/Indian power brick. Since, the purchase was made a month earlier to what was planned, had to ask my friend to help

One doubt which remained uncleared to both of us. The "Additional Controller" was available with this bundle as a scheme (now it its available only in Kinect bundle). The terms and conditions were not elaborated properly. Anyone to throw some light on it ? I am not even sure that I would actually get extra controller or not, and if yes, would it be the updated one ?

Last edited by Ashir : 13th October 2015 at 22:59.
Old 13th October 2015, 23:33   #4082
BHPian

Looking to pick up the Mi4i for my mom whose Xolo Q800 screen is acting weird for the past 1 week. Reviews say it gets heated up and the ringtone volume is low. Can any users of Mi4i comment? TIA

Last edited by smrtdvl : 13th October 2015 at 23:34.
Old 13th October 2015, 23:44   #4083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I was eyeing a vacuum cleaner on amazon.in http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00J...A14UQ4H17XUX90 and over the last 2 days the price has cut down by 1000 rupees.

From 7495 it came down to 7095 yesterday and today its listed at 6495. Is it the sale effect? I really want this product but not sure whether waiting for another day or two or maybe till 17 Oct is a good idea.

Any of you guys know how these sale tactics work?
The best prices are during the December 12 GOSF sale (based on my experience last year).

Flipkart sales are good for those who trust the website and want hassle free experience. It is rare that Flipkart will offer you the best price.

On the other hand, the lightening deals on Amazon are pretty good.
Checkout paytm as well. They are pretty good at burning cash - now they have got lot of fresh money pumped in.
Old 14th October 2015, 01:32   #4084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Looking to pick up the Mi4i for my mom whose Xolo Q800 screen is acting weird for the past 1 week. Reviews say it gets heated up and the ringtone volume is low. Can any users of Mi4i comment? TIA
Have been using mi4i for 4 months.
I updated the software as soon as I got the phone and have not faced any heating / warming issue despite putting a 3rd party cover.
Ringtone and alarm is as loud as the 2nd Gen moto G in my experience.
Not even a bit laggy.

It has served me well.
Old 14th October 2015, 07:24   #4085
Senior - BHPian

On 10th October, I ordered an item off Amazon. The payment mode was through debit card.

Yesterday I received a mail from the seller saying,

"Unfortunately we encountered a technical issue on our site which reflected false shipping time of 2 days. We regret to inform you that there will be a delay of 10 working days in dispatch of your shipment as we import all our products/orders from the U.S.* Please expect to receive your order anytime between the 26th to the 28th of October 2015.
Please note we will be marking the order dispatched on the system only so kindly ignore the shipment confirmation email you get from Amazon. We will update the order with the tracking information when we actually send out the same".

I later received a shipping confirmation e-mail from Amazon.

What's going on? Is the seller trying to bury his error, lest he gets a bad rating and might need to refund the amount?
Old 14th October 2015, 07:51   #4086
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the seller or Amazon were over enthusiastic about the delivery times, or the seller ran out of stock. Take it up with Amazon customer service and threaten to cancel the order as the shipping time is misleading.

I think after reading this I should take a screenshot of the product page to have evidence of the promised product, accessories and delivery times.
Old 14th October 2015, 08:49   #4087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
On 10th October, I ordered an item off Amazon. The payment mode was through debit card.

Yesterday I received a mail from the seller saying,

"Unfortunately we encountered a technical issue on our site which reflected false shipping time of 2 days. We regret to inform you that there will be a delay of 10 working days in dispatch of your shipment as we import all our products/orders from the U.S.* Please expect to receive your order anytime between the 26th to the 28th of October 2015.
Please note we will be marking the order dispatched on the system only so kindly ignore the shipment confirmation email you get from Amazon. We will update the order with the tracking information when we actually send out the same".

I later received a shipping confirmation e-mail from Amazon.

What's going on? Is the seller trying to bury his error, lest he gets a bad rating and might need to refund the amount?
The seller is definitely doing this to save his rating / any penalty & refund.

1) This could be a genuine mistake, I mean he accidentally put a faster delviery date in the system or he sold all his inventory faster than he expected (and has to wait for new products to be imported)

2) or he was manipulating customers - by showing a faster delivery date and once the order is confirmed, changing words/dates.

Give him the beneft of doubt, and assume it is the first case. Wait 2 weeks (26-28th Oct) and see how is he handling this.
Old 14th October 2015, 12:21   #4088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Checkout paytm as well. They are pretty good at burning cash - now they have got lot of fresh money pumped in.
But one can't pay using patym on amazon, isn't it?

Or are you suggesting that I look for the same product from where I can pay via Paytm and then purchase?
Old 14th October 2015, 12:36   #4089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From 7495 it came down to 7095 yesterday and today its listed at 6495. Is it the sale effect? I really want this product but not sure whether waiting for another day or two or maybe till 17 Oct is a good idea.
This graph should help you out:
The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg

Quote:
But one can't pay using patym on amazon, isn't it?

Or are you suggesting that I look for the same product from where I can pay via Paytm and then purchase?
He is suggesting you look for the product on PayTM, I think. PayTM generally offers generous cashbacks on their online shopping orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
That's a nice looking chart demonstrating the price fluctuation! Did you create it yourself, or is it available on a site that I'm not aware of!
If it's the latter, would you mind sharing the link to it? I desperately want to do this sorta comparo for a few items that I wanna get online.

Thanks & Cheers!
This is from an extenstion available for Google Chrome and Firefox. It shows you a price graph and also fetches prices from other websites for the same product as well as e-Mailing you about price drops on products you choose.

http://compare.buyhatke.com/extensio...utm_source=nav

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 14th October 2015 at 12:58.
Old 14th October 2015, 12:56   #4090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
This graph should help you out:
That's a nice looking chart demonstrating the price fluctuation! Did you create it yourself, or is it available on a site that I'm not aware of!
If it's the latter, would you mind sharing the link to it? I desperately want to do this sorta comparo for a few items that I wanna get online.

Thanks & Cheers!
Old 14th October 2015, 13:12   #4091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
...or is it available on a site that I'm not aware of!
Here, you go : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...hahapilbejohhj
Old 14th October 2015, 13:29   #4092
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I have noticed that PAYTM, as mentioned above, is offering the same products at substantially low prices. Have been shopping regularly here. But please note that PAYTM has a poor returns/refunds process. Very sub par compared to SNAPDEAL which , in my personal experience, is the best ( ahead of even FLIPKART ).
Old 14th October 2015, 14:56   #4093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
True. Their mailers contain drool worthy offers. That is where the customers are getting hooked. Since, it was my first order, the order value, after all discounts was 470rs. This was like a test dose and it failed miserably.
It is a fraud site. And I am in process of sending letter to major banks to blacklist this site. cc to Noida Police.
Old 14th October 2015, 15:07   #4094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

shipping time is misleading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post

Give him the beneft of doubt, and assume it is the first case. Wait 2 weeks (26-28th Oct) and see how is he handling this.
I actually don't have a problem with the delayed shipping. It's the "item despatched" mail I got that's bothering me. Hope it won't come back to bite me later, if in case I have to take it up with Amazon.
Old 14th October 2015, 15:57   #4095
Distinguished - BHPian

If the status is despatched, you might not be able to cancel the order if you decide to later.

Suggest that you see if the option to cancel is there now. If not, you might try insisting that Amazon correct the status. I t should be easy enough for them to do that!

Most Viewed