Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 16:09   #4096
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

So I took you guys' advice and checked out the two things I wanted to buy at paytm and the prices are a little unbelievable.

If I buy this vacuum cleaner https://paytm.com/shop/p/karcher-mv3...OW&BLACK_20811 and this pull-up bar https://paytm.com/shop/p/iso-solid-w...201729F9_22598 I'm effectively paying 7573 rupees.

This is assuming that whatever cashback I get from my first order (vacuum cleaner), I'd be able to use 100% of my cashback in my next order which would make me pay 1100 rupees for my second order (pull-up bar).

Now if I was to buy these two from amazon I'd end up paying 8994.

So I'm saving about 1300 rupees in total.

Would paytm work exactly like how I've imagined so far?
Old 14th October 2015, 16:15   #4097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Would paytm work exactly like how I've imagined so far?
Yup that's how PayTM works. You'll have to wait for the vacuum cleaner to be shipped in order to receive cash back and buy the bar though. Afterwards you'll receive Rs809 cash back and you can use it to buy something else.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 14th October 2015 at 16:18.
Old 14th October 2015, 17:01   #4098
BHPian

Ordered a Mi Pad (16GB) from Amazon @ INR 9999 (+ 15% Cashback when using HDFC Bank CC or debit card & using the Amazon App). Total cost (after cashback INR 1500) - 8.5K - pretty decent I would say.
Old 14th October 2015, 17:42   #4099
Team-BHP Support

On PayTM, cashback for recharges work almost instantly. Yesterday, I used the GRAB50 coupon thrice, to pay my electricity bill and the 50 Rs cashback was credited a couple of seconds after the transaction. Offlately, PayTM has become the go-to site when I intend to buy anything online.
Old 15th October 2015, 10:48   #4100
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Flipkart lost a sale today due to their app-only policy. After trying to buy a Mi4i over their app, peering into the small screen, trying hard to maintain a steady 3G connection, and after a couple of lost connections, grabbed my laptop and bought it from amazon. At times we forget that there are much simpler ways.
Old 15th October 2015, 11:05   #4101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Flipkart lost a sale today due to their app-only policy. After trying to buy a Mi4i over their app, peering into the small screen, trying hard to maintain a steady 3G connection, and after a couple of lost connections, grabbed my laptop and bought it from amazon. At times we forget that there are much simpler ways.
I am off Flipkart this season, and probably in future also.
Caught them jacking up prices and selling it at higher cost, this year also.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3825038

Today, my colleague wanted to order Moto Play, and had a hard time connecting to their app server, which crashed after payment was done (and money debited). Order wasn't showing up for a good 7 minutes, after which it showed up in order history.

Flipkart is still doing pure low life business.

Old 15th October 2015, 11:28   #4102
BHPian

FK is definately losing many of the prospective buyers with this 'app only' deals. Can't these guys get some statistics and compare the sales figures between purchases that happen on mobile platform and PC platforms?
Btw, one thing that I have observed during these sales, MRP is jacked up and then offer HUGE discounts on them. There could still be some genuine offers like that netgear router available for 5k. So, one should not blindly believe in those 'discount' numbers and rather do some research before placing the order.
Old 15th October 2015, 16:54   #4103
BHPian

Flipkart sale is like -
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1444908211602.jpg  

Old 16th October 2015, 12:37   #4104

Online tyre shopping: It's raining discounts

As many of us are aware, Flipkart and other online retailers have jumped into automotive scene. Flipkart went a step ahead and is now offering steep discount on almost tyre brands and sizes. This discount is app only and is being offered under the Big Billion sale. This offer has it's limitations too. One user can order a single tyre only. Attaching screenshot. This offer is likely to be withdrawn with the Big Billion sale.
Similarly Paytm is offering cashback on almost all brands and sizes.
Both retailers are offering installation help(Optional) with their partner AXA. One has to secure an appointment for the process.

Mods: Please merge this thread with appropriate one if I am posting at wrong place.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_2385.png  

The Online Shopping Thread-img_2386.png  

Old 16th October 2015, 15:24   #4105
Senior - BHPian

That's interesting. Just came across a news item in Economic Times that Flipkart is struggling with logistical issues of picking up products from sellers in and around Jaipur. It would be interesting to see how the tyre sale works out for the buyers as well as AXA.
Old 16th October 2015, 16:06   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
As many of us are aware, Flipkart and other online retailers have jumped into automotive scene. Flipkart went a step ahead and is now offering steep discount on almost tyre brands and sizes. This discount is app only and is being offered under the Big Billion sale. This offer has it's limitations too. One user can order a single tyre only.
When today I got to know about one customer one tyre, I was actually rolling on the floor laughing! The software engineers in Flipkart are surely not automobile enthusiasts. Who would need to change just one tyre ?! Or maybe 4 family members = 4 tires (1 family 1 car) :lol
Old 16th October 2015, 17:05   #4107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Online tyre shopping: It's raining discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
As many of us are aware, Flipkart and other online retailers have jumped into automotive scene. Flipkart went a step ahead and is now offering steep discount on almost tyre brands and sizes. This discount is app only and is being offered under the Big Billion sale. This offer has it's limitations too. One user can order a single tyre only.
Yep, this stupid clause of only one tyre was already spotted by another member, and reported on the thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3794915

That member summed it up best - 'Are their target customers unicyclists?'
Old 16th October 2015, 17:35   #4108
Distinguished - BHPian

So how do they do it ? Discounts, coupons etc etc. Who picks up the tab ?

I was looking for a watch, and Snapdeal is offering two discounts - one looks to be by merchant, and another one automatically applied at checkout. The combined discount comes to 33%
Old 16th October 2015, 18:29   #4109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

I was looking for a watch, and Snapdeal is offering two discounts - one looks to be by merchant, and another one automatically applied at checkout. The combined discount comes to 33%
The ever drooling VC - who is waiting for his pound of flesh.
Old 16th October 2015, 19:15   #4110

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

We should exercise caution while buying costly things from online vendors especially Snapdeal. I have ordered different items thrice and what I got is a set of JBL speakers without power cord, a broken racquet and a mobile phone which was delivered after 1 month of order date.
Forget about getting refund thanks to their excellent customer care.
With discounts dying down now, it's better to stay with good old brick and mortar dealers.

Most Viewed