Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 01:29   #4156
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I haven't come across many posts on one of the most noise-making online retailer nowadays by name Askmebazaar.com
There is no registration option and before you notice it, the order is placed with CoD option and the order can't be cancelled before 4 hours after placing. Everything has to be tracked via phone. Delivery period is infinite and really, the speed at which they are burning cash on advertising and there is absolutely nothing to follow it up amazes me to no extent.
I had bought two items from them so far. One for testing their system and the product came after long delay but was of a small amount so I didn't bother.
Second order was placed due to attractive price, which was cancelled and refund was initiated and then got around 5-6 SMS for refund which took almost 10 days and after receiving the refund the product was also delivered after another week delay even though I forgot about it.

This site could be successful if gambling and betting is legalised in India as heavy bets would be made on whether the ordered product is in stock or not, then whether it would be delivered in time or not, whether it would be delivered at all or not, whether you will get the refund or not and after getting refund, whether the product will arrive or not. You see so much uncertainty about anything is really amazing to say the least.
Old 27th October 2015, 08:41   #4157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Could you please elaborate the issue regarding BIS
I don't have much details on this but what i understand from our CHA , most of electronic parts now needs to have a certification from BIS which i believe should cost and will be possible by - manufacturer or C&F agents . This is normally required in case goods are invoiced / shipped to company address . For Individual small imports this will not be a concern though .
Avoid Tyres with alloys as those might have ISI / BIS issues - though few fellow members have got these without problem but I do recollect some one having issues at customs . If you are getting only alloys , get these invoiced on personal name , perhaps ask seller to send on two shipments 2 each after gap of a week or when you get first shipment . If value of personal imports is higher than 2000 USD than also I have seen customs asking for formal clearance .

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th October 2015 at 08:42.
Old 27th October 2015, 08:44   #4158
BHPian

I got the phone delivered yesterday. It took flipkart couple of days to ship the phone from chennai. It is little intriguing to know that the phone is imported by flipkart (bangalore address) but shipped from chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Flipkart logistical woes continues... During the recent sales, ordered the phone through flipkart (as i had only citi bank card) and it accessories through amazon. Ironically, the accessories are delivered and waiting for the phone to arrive.
Old 27th October 2015, 09:35   #4159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
It is little intriguing to know that the phone is imported by flipkart (bangalore address) but shipped from chennai.
The Bangalore address represents the importer's registered office. Chennai is the port of entry. For logistical reasons, they would have either shipped all items from Chennai, or distributed them to a few hubs in parts of the country (e.g. one for North, one for West, Chennai for South).
Old 27th October 2015, 11:26   #4160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
One of my wife's colleagues ordered a set of Philips LED bullbs from Flipkart. The MRP on the site was approximately Rs.800 and he was getting them for Rs. 420. When he got the package, the MRP was Rs.600. So, the discount that was advertised was not what he got in the end.
It didn't end there. He called up Flipkart Customer service and explained the situation. The reply was "Saar, but you anyway got a discount, right? Why complain!?"
The colleague disconnected.
I had similiar experience with couple of products (not bulbs) brought from amazon.in. Both the times, i made sure that I raised the complaint with the CC and both the times they responded positively and gave me back the differential amount as gift card balance. I am not sure about Fliplart though.
Old 27th October 2015, 21:46   #4161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I haven't come across many posts on one of the most noise-making online retailer nowadays by name Askmebazaar.com
You absolutely reflect my thought about this site.
I had tried an order (LED bulbs) much weeks before, and got this live experience of uncertainty at every single stage. I vaguely remember the low price item did come. nothing to speak about the quality.

To be avoided like plague. Seems they are burning some black money, or definitely a dubious lot out there.
Old 27th October 2015, 22:17   #4162
Senior - BHPian

Today after calling them I was bluntly informed that the book I ordered for my son on 22nd is not available as seller is out of stock. No SMS, nothing and my son was daily asking as to when the book will be coming.
Must be avoided like Plague and Dengue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
To be avoided like plague. Seems they are burning some black money, or definitely a dubious lot out there.
Old 28th October 2015, 09:49   #4163
BHPian

Mighty impressed with Amazon. Despite huge sales rush and everything, they have managed to deliver everything within 3 days of placing order.

The first thing I do while looking for anything on amazon is filter via "fulfilled by amazon" . I never place order if it is not fulfilled by amazon and has worked perfectly for me so far. With WS RETAIL not selling much on flipkart , been almost a year now that i bought some thing from them. Of course i avoid eBay et all for obvious reasons.

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2015 at 17:57. Reason: Language
Old 28th October 2015, 11:11   #4164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Mighty impressed with amazon. Despite huge sales rush and everything , they has managed to deliver everything with in 3 days of placing order.
Same here. Amazon continues to impress me with prices and logistical efficiency.

Here's a simple comparo:

The Online Shopping Thread-fk.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-amazon.jpg

While Flipkart(Seller was WS Retail, too!) took all of 10 days to just ship the package; Amazon shipped the same night of the order and delivered it within 36 hours of placing the order.
Old 28th October 2015, 11:21   #4165
Distinguished - BHPian

So many offers and bashes and deals around, can someone point me where to buy a BB passport online for the best deal?
Old 28th October 2015, 11:57   #4166
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup, amazon is more efficient than FK on the logistics part and in many cases price too. They are basically butchering FK. FK is losing credibility these days.

I ordered Moto G 2nd Gen LTE on sunday and it is still not yet processed(WS_Retail). Had ordered a product whose seller was in Haryana on Amazon on Sunday and it was delivered just now.

I have instinctively started shopping on Amazon more these days than on FK , more so if i need the product urgently.

EDIT : It's like those days in 2011 when there was FK and letsbuy.com and people were not happy with letsbuy poor logistics and pricing and were moving towards FK. Now FK is in the same spot. No wonder history repeats. More rapidly in the e-commerce space

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 28th October 2015 at 12:17.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:10   #4167
BHPian

Even Non WS Retail orders have the same fate.
I placed the order on 19th October and after 10 days "Seller yet to confirm item."
Delivery by 9th November

I can not validates the truthfulness of the article but Snapdeal also did a good job.
http://computer.financialexpress.com...erience/11922/
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg  

Old 28th October 2015, 13:53   #4168
Senior - BHPian

I have quite an opposite experience to share. I ordered a laptop from Flipkart on Monday, and it was delivered today morning! I also ordered a phone from Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon) on Monday. It was shipped on Monday itself, but it spent the entire day yesterday roaming around in Hyderabad. It is shipped through courier Aramex.
Old 28th October 2015, 14:45   #4169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
... Of course i avoid eBay et all for obvious reasons.
e-bay is not all bad. Recent stuff I have bought there includes a new Jopasu duster, and a supply of shock (stretch) cord. Stuff like the shock cord, I could not find anywhere else, having begun by searching local shops. ebay really is more like a bazaar.

(By shock cord, I mean the elastic rope with a hook either end. I think maybe they call it shock cord, because, used carelessly, one can loose an eye to those hooks!)
Old 28th October 2015, 15:44   #4170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
e-bay is not all bad. Recent stuff I have bought there includes a new Jopasu duster, and a supply of shock (stretch) cord. Stuff like the shock cord, I could not find anywhere else, having begun by searching local shops. ebay really is more like a bazaar.

(By shock cord, I mean the elastic rope with a hook either end. I think maybe they call it shock cord, because, used carelessly, one can loose an eye to those hooks!)
Yeah I buy all the small stuff from Ebay. Cannot be beat for that. It is like shopping online at JC Road

Most Viewed