Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2015, 14:51   #4186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Thanks audioholic & Parag.

Google Maps shows multiple SP roads - Halsurpete, Binny Pete, Vijayanagar, etc. Which one is the one you folks are suggesting?

Jayanagar and BSK 2nd stage would be closest for me. Any more specific location or store name & location ?
SP Road near KR Market it is. That's the one you should look for. Landmark will be "Corporation" and you can actually park your car safely at Unity Building next to Town Hall and go shopping.
Old 31st October 2015, 16:38   #4187
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Buying my first "big" item online - a Morphy Richards 60 litre OTG. Where I stay only one shop seems to sell it and that too with a one week delay to get it from their Chennai source. Amazon had it more than 2000/- Rs. cheaper. My only fear is transit damage.
I got a 30L OTG (Morphy Richards again!) from Amazon, and it was Amazon Fulfilled.

Obviously, the OTG comes in its own Morphy Richards box, with styrofoam packing. What Amazon did is put this box into one of their own boxes, with further packaging material.

Net result - I got a pristine Morphy Richards box Oh, yeah, and pristine contents too - the OTG is working just fine.

If your OTG is Amazon Fulfilled, rest assured. Do bear in mind that you'll probably have only regular shipping (no expedited shipping).
Old 31st October 2015, 19:18   #4188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
SP Road near KR Market it is. That's the one you should look for. Landmark will be "Corporation" and you can actually park your car safely at Unity Building next to Town Hall and go shopping.
Thanks Parag. Does Google show this as Sardar Patrappa Road??
Old 31st October 2015, 19:38   #4189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parag. Does Google show this as Sardar Patrappa Road??
Yes, that is indeed the one. Your Parking spot should be next to Town Hall. I stress on this again because parking is a HUGE gamble here but the paid parking at Unity Building is the answer to your woes.

You may need to walk around 500 meters to reach but worth it.

Here's the indicative illustration of the walk from Unity to SP Road.

So you first locate Unity Building before you give SP Road as your destination in case you are using Maps.

Parking is primary ☺.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1446300427696.jpg  

Old 31st October 2015, 20:47   #4190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks audioholic & Parag.

Google Maps shows multiple SP roads - Halsurpete, Binny Pete, Vijayanagar, etc. Which one is the one you folks are suggesting?

Jayanagar and BSK 2nd stage would be closest for me. Any more specific location or store name & location ?
THat would be the ideal SP road. Vijaynagar SP road I am not sure what sells there

In jayanagar you find many shops in and around 4th Block BDA complex. Apart from that in BSK 2nd stage there are a lot of electronics shops selling DSL splitters. Drop a PM if you want anything specific and I will lead you to the right place.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:56   #4191
BHPian

Thanks very much Parag and audioholic!
Old 1st November 2015, 17:35   #4192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Recently I tried the askmebazaar site. Ordered a Tupperware lunch box in the second week of may and they attempted delivery of the item in last week of June. Luckily it was COD and I rejected it. There site does not have any tracking mechanism. Better to keep away from this site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I haven't come across many posts on one of the most noise-making online retailer nowadays by name Askmebazaar.com
Out of curiosity, I place an order, of course COD. There was absolutely no update on what was happening to the order. Their page gives their fancy number to call and get status update. One fine day day, they were gracious enough to send this update via SMS:
Quote:
Dear buyer, we are unable to service your COD order AB6627827 from Swayam due to seller issue. We regret the inconvenience caused and look forward to serve you better next time. Thank you for shopping at AskMeBazaar! Buyer Support: 0444-444-4444.
Old 1st November 2015, 18:07   #4193
Senior - BHPian

I am ready to bet that this site is for converting Black Money to White.
Apart from their No. nothing else is fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Out of curiosity, I place an order, of course COD.
I have one more experience to share regarding Wallet up gradation at PayTM.
While running after them for more then a month, they finally sent their agent to pick the person. That guy before coming called me that he wants to come to my house for new mobile postpaid connection I opted for. Then he came without KYC form and promised with utmost sincerity that he will come again tomorrow but stopped taking the calls and finally his senior came after numerous calls and false promises. Let me tell you these are very normal procedures in which service, irrespective of be it a Car or something else, are provided in Goa and that too 'in your face' attitude with utter shamelessness and regret, on top of that you will be made to feel like as though they have done some kind of ehsaan on you.
If PayTM is having even least amount of seriousness left if they want to compete with Amazon/Flipkart, they must wake up.

Few pages back, I have posted my experience regarding Amazon Transport Services where there Goan unit retained my product for TEN days in Goa before delivery and were shameless and least sorry about that. I told them that this is the reason I opt for online shopping but they have not left the amazon too. I am sure amazon won't take it lying down.

Last edited by carwatcher : 1st November 2015 at 18:11.
Old 1st November 2015, 18:36   #4194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
If your OTG is Amazon Fulfilled, rest assured. Do bear in mind that you'll probably have only regular shipping (no expedited shipping).
Bought mine from Cloudtail and it is amazon fulfilled. Ordered on Wednesday night and got it today - less than 4 days. Packaging was average - only the Morphy Richards box which had the 3 thermocole pieces. No further packaging or cushioning. We were out today during delivery and picked it up directly from the amazon outlet which was luckily 5 minutes from where I was when the call came. The box is light and these guys were quite careless carrying it to the car! Also during pick up, they didn't bother checking any ID. I just signed and loaded it in my car and left.
The otg was undamaged and I hope it will work well.
The warranty card was not filled. How do I claim any warranty issues on this?
Old 1st November 2015, 18:52   #4195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bought mine from Cloudtail and it is amazon fulfilled. Ordered on Wednesday night and got it today - less than 4 days. Packaging was average - only the Morphy Richards box which had the 3 thermocole pieces. No further packaging or cushioning. We were out today during delivery and picked it up directly from the amazon outlet which was luckily 5 minutes from where I was when the call came. The box is light and these guys were quite careless carrying it to the car! Also during pick up, they didn't bother checking any ID. I just signed and loaded it in my car and left.
The otg was undamaged and I hope it will work well.
Oh, I didn't realize you'd already ordered it before you posted here, I thought you were considering it. I'm a little disappointed they didn't pack it better. Have you tested out the OTG itself? And verified that all parts are intact, not rattling, etc.

From their perspective, I think that since you answered the provided number and picked it up promptly, they didn't feel the need for verification. But yes, this does not give a good feeling in general - when we prepay items, we'd prefer the delivery guy doing some due diligence before handing it over.

TBH, I'm not sure how warranty would work. I would assume that a printout of your Amazon invoice should suffice.

As an FYI, Cloudtail is Amazon itself - just a different legal/tax entity due to the way the Indian marketplace is regulated. This is similar to how Flipkart originally spun off their stock of items into WS Retail (although now they seem to be more separate than before).
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:16   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Try and see if you can register your product on the Morphy website. You nay be able to upload the invoice from Amazon and the warranty card is not really needed then.
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:52   #4197
BHPian

Need a quick guidance.

Currently in US, will be leaving shortly to India.

Walmart has reduced the price of "IPAD MINI 2" to approx $200. Is it worthwhile to buy it now or should I move to Mini 3.

Usage will be minimal, mainly for kids education

Eagerly waiting for your inputs
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:04   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post

Walmart has reduced the price of "IPAD MINI 2" to approx $200. Is it worthwhile to buy it now or should I move to Mini 3.
It's a good buy. My kids are still using the iPad 1... My friend picked this up two weeks ago for 400 in Chicago so very good price!
Old 2nd November 2015, 14:21   #4199
BHPian

Re: Amazon Seller sends me some junk jewellry instead of a DSLR

I have been a regular Online shopper from Flipkart, Snapdeal, Ebay & Amazon.

For the first time I now have a problem. I had bought a DSLR camera from a seller on Amazon (Not Amazon fulfilled). After delivery, the package was found to contain some junk jewelry instead of the camera. On contacting the seller, he responded back saying that he did dispatch the camera .

Incidentally the size of the package and the weight recorded on the label clearly prove that a camera was not inside the package. Fortunately for me the seller has used the Amazon in house ATS for delivery. If he had used any other 2nd/3rd grade couriers with poor documentation it would have been a tough task for me to prove my case.

I have raised a dispute under the Amazon A2Z guarantee and expect a resolution in my favor (hopefully).

The lessons are never to buy an expensive product unless it is fulfilled by Amazon or similar in house programme from Flipkart !!.

This risk could potentially strike the death knell of online shopping. !!

Last edited by adnaps : 2nd November 2015 at 14:28. Reason: Correction
Old 2nd November 2015, 14:25   #4200
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amazon Seller sends me some junk jewellry instead of a DSLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I have been a regular Online shopper from Flipkart, Snapdeal, Ebay & Amazon.
For all expensive buys, I always do a video recording while unpacking/ unboxing.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd November 2015 at 07:13. Reason: Formatted quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks