Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 11:06   #4456
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Yes; its very easy to open a PayPal account if you have a credit card.
Thanks SunnyBoi for clarifying.I had used HDFC CC in US for shopping at Best Buy etc.So,I guess,it is enabled for international usage.
Even Debit Cards can be linked as I learn from PayPal site

Last edited by virgopal : 20th January 2016 at 11:20. Reason: info
Old 20th January 2016, 11:10   #4457
BHPian

Ok, I have a query for you guys. I ordered myself a Cyclops H4 LED from the US of A from this link.
The product cost me $62 and International Priority Shipping another $48 making it a $110 affair. I placed the order on Jan 11 and it reached Delhi on 16th.

However, it is 20th today and there's no update if it has reached Bangalore or not or if it is stuck in Customs. Can someone guide me to the correct procedure here? How do I get the latest info about my package? I wish to wait for 3-4 days and contact the customs office regarding the same.
But, how can I contact them? Any pointers would be helpful.

Last edited by Divya Sharan : 20th January 2016 at 11:11.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:40   #4458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
reached Delhi on 16th.

However, it is 20th today and there's no update if it has reached Bangalore or not or if it is stuck in Customs. Can someone guide me to the correct procedure here? How do I get the latest info about my package? I wish to wait for 3-4 days and contact the customs office regarding the same.
But, how can I contact them? Any pointers would be helpful.
I am pasting below tracking details of something that I had recently picked from the US. This is how stuff through USPS, in general, is processed. You could wait a few more days before you contact the post office of your locality. Usually takes a couple of days after the customs clearance processing is complete. Sometimes the Bangalore stuff gets there directly. If such is the case, you might have to go to the GPO.

Customs clearance processing complete
2016-01-08, 12:18:00

Customs Clearance
2016-01-05, 11:41:00

Processed Through Sort Facility
2016-01-04, 12:28:00

Departed
2016-01-01, 11:08:00, Delhi

Last edited by MindSpeeDs : 20th January 2016 at 11:47.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:45   #4459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
I am pasting below tracking details of something that I had recently picked from the US. This is how stuff through USPS, in general, is processed. You could wait a few more days before you contact the post office of your locality.
Ah, nice! Thanks a lot for such quick response. I'm relieved.

As of now, the latest info on USPS site is:

Quote:
Departed
2016-01-16, Delhi
So I should wait for a week ideally, to see progress.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:50   #4460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Ah, nice! Thanks a lot for such quick response. I'm relieved.

As of now, the latest info on USPS site is:

So I should wait for a week ideally, to see progress.
NP. They don't believe in timelines. Could be a few days to over a week as well
Edited my earlier post. Usually takes a couple of days after customs clearance processing is complete. If it is small, will arrive to the delivery address. If not, they will intimate you to collect it from the post office of your area zip code.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:54   #4461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
NP. They don't believe in timelines. Could be a few days to over a week as well
Edited my earlier post. Usually takes a couple of days after customs clearance processing is complete. If it is small, will arrive to the delivery address. If not, they will intimate you to collect it from the post office of your area zip code.
Thanks a lot! Very helpful piece of information indeed.
Old 20th January 2016, 12:21   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Hi Guys,

Need some help from regular buyers on aliexpress.

I had ordered 2 products on 10th November, both under $10 valuation from different sellers. This is my first purchase from ali. Both of them were ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
You can raise a dispute and aliexpress will refund you the money back to your cc. Don't need to deal with the seller. Upload the screenshot of the offer to refund to PayPal by the seller as one of your proofs to aliexpress in the dispute.
@diyguy and all ali experts here: I have raised a dispute with ali since my product was not delivered. The seller accepted the issue and is going to do a full refund. Now my question is:

1. I paid by CC, so do I need to explicitly mention anywhere or will they automatically refund my amount in the mapped CC? BTW I do not have a Paypal a/c, so will that be a hindrance?

2. Will I get the full amount that I had spent, refunded to me? (ie. incl of conversion + CC service charges).

3. Is there any other activity from my end to be done to make sure that I get the refund and the seller does not backtrack on his/her commitment?

4. Also when can I approximately expect the refund to reflect in my cc?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-alitbhp.png  

Last edited by adhiraj : 20th January 2016 at 12:23.
Old 20th January 2016, 13:39   #4463
BHPian

The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
1. I paid by CC...
2. Will I get the full amount
3. Is there any other activity from my end to be done
4. Also when can I approximately expect the refund to reflect in my cc?
You should have already got the refund, check your card statement. I've had refund credited really quick. I think I got the whole amount without any conversion loss, but I can't recall for sure. The INR has depreciated recently so you should make a profit or at the least, no loss. You don't need to do anything and it will reflect in your credit card transactions as a credit.
Old 21st January 2016, 11:09   #4464

I have recently purchased an Infinity Reference 1200S shallow mount Subwoofer from Paytm at a killer price of Rs.5000/- plus additional cash back of Rs. 900/- and I was really happy about the deal but a bit apprehensive about authenticity of the product. Yesterday I have received my purchase and it seemed genuine. It had Sahil International’s seal on it and the import date was May 2015 with a serial number and all.

So, I was very excited and opened the box. To my horror I found out that the box inside has everything except for the warranty card. Even the import sticker indicated all the literature but no warranty information. So, I was really shocked and called up the Paytm customer care. They ensured that they would get in touch with the seller and get this issue resolved within 72 hours. But I couldn’t stay calm, then I looked up on Team-BHP and found out that JBL does not honor the warranty of products purchased from unauthorized sellers and online marketplaces. When I spoke to a person from local car accessories shop he mentioned that a product wouldn’t have any issues within a year so don’t worry about the warranty. This did not help me at all and I couldn’t wait for the Paytm people to contact me.

Then I started to pose this question about warranty of JBL products with the online sellers listed at Amazon, Snapdeal, and Flipkart etc. They did reply to my queries but were not clear about it. They said not to worry and that if there were any issues that I need to contact them instead of walking into a JBL service center or local distributor. Also at the same time, I sent a query about this to Sahil International on Facebook, via email info@sahilinternational.com, IndiaSupport@harman.com as they were not picking up the phone numbers listed. With a heavy heart yesterday night I’ve decided to return this product as few thousands will not make this stress and headache to go away.

Today morning I have received a call from Mr. Shekhar Tandon of Sahil International. Per his LinkedIn profile he is listed as the National Sales Head, Car Audio at Sahil. He asked me about the seller details and said that he doesn’t know about this seller. However, he said that the product was genuine and that it has the correct serial number so it will be serviced. He asked me to keep a copy of the invoice handy and that JBL will honor warranty for this purchase. He has also confirmed the same on an email copying the Service Head as well.

I don’t know whether I am the odd lucky one out or if JBL started to accept the eventuality of online marketplaces. If you do have any warranty issues with your online JBL purchases then you can try your luck as well by sending an email to IndiaSupport@harman.com

Hope this helps.
Old 21st January 2016, 11:27   #4465
Senior - BHPian

Great offers running on Amazon today.
Attached Images

Old 21st January 2016, 11:42   #4466
Distinguished - BHPian

Any good deals for compact laptops ?
Old 21st January 2016, 14:42   #4467
Senior - BHPian

anyone looking to buy shell synthetic oil, this seems to be a good deal. Ends pretty soon though

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Q...A14UQ4H17XUX90
Old 21st January 2016, 19:46   #4468
BHPian

Bought a screengaurd ( Real Tempered Screen Guard For Apple iPhone 6/iPhone 6s from the below seller ) from Paytm and was horrified to receive a cleverly packed broken screengaurd. It was a highly discounted item and I should have been careful..The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1453385454.503347.jpg
Should have been called 'Tampered' glass
Beware of this seller :ATOZ IT ACCESSORIESThe Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1453385750.922976.jpg
Old 21st January 2016, 23:04   #4469
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought a phone cover, because I thought it was a flip cover. The Amazon.in seller pointed out that nowhere did it say flip cover, and there were five photos. But they approved the return anyway. Hats off to seller Payless India!
Old 21st January 2016, 23:32   #4470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Bought a screengaurd from Paytm and was horrified to receive a cleverly packed broken
You can get a refund, please try it. This happened to me with an Aliexpress order exact same way and I got a full refund.

Most Viewed