Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Amazon Lightning Deal.

Screenshot taken last night (without lightning deal) - Rs.3499

Attachment 1510428

Screenshot taken today morning (with lightning deal) - Rs.4689

Attachment 1510429

Check date & time at bottom right corner.

I saw it in upcoming lightning deals last night, saved screenshot to compare how much will I save in lightning deal in the morning.
lol, if it was April, it would have made sense. They are too clever for themselves I suppose.

but on products grounds, if you are going cordless try to get the SDM chuck instead of the conventional 3 jaw chuck. SDM will accomodate even bigger drill bits no, in a pinch.
Old 26th May 2016, 17:01   #4727
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Amazon Lightning Deal.

Screenshot taken last night (without lightning deal) - Rs.3499

Attachment 1510428

Screenshot taken today morning (with lightning deal) - Rs.4689

Attachment 1510429

Check date & time at bottom right corner.

I saw it in upcoming lightning deals last night, saved screenshot to compare how much will I save in lightning deal in the morning.
Mukesh, there's no really fooling from them here. The 3499 price was from another seller FTC mumbai even though it was fulfilled by Amazon. Cloudtail was selling the product at 4,918.

The next day cloudtail added the same item to lightning deal at 4,689 but the older seller FTC mumbai still has it for 3,499.

You need to look at the seller carefully when buying from Amazon.

I bought an Aukey charger at Rs.680 and within a few days it dropped to 600 but a week later it was 1,099.
Old 26th May 2016, 19:26   #4728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
but on products grounds, if you are going cordless try to get the SDM chuck instead of the conventional 3 jaw chuck. SDM will accomodate even bigger drill bits no, in a pinch.
Not buying it, could have considered if the deal was really lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Mukesh, there's no really fooling from them here. The 3499 price was from another seller FTC mumbai even though it was fulfilled by Amazon. Cloudtail was selling the product at 4,918.

The next day cloudtail added the same item to lightning deal at 4,689 but the older seller FTC mumbai still has it for 3,499.
Correct. Good analysis.

Now, even cloudtail is selling it @3499.

Amazon/Cloudtail change their price according to other website's pricing.

I was checking price of Bosch X30Ti since last 8-10 days on Amazon and Flipkart. It was 599-649 on Amazon (seller cloudtail) and Flipkart both. Yesterday, Flipkart lowered the price to 460 and I bought it (delivered today). Now Amazon/couldtail is also offering it @460.

Quote:
I bought an Aukey charger at Rs.680 and within a few days it dropped to 600 but a week later it was 1,099.
Which model? I bought a Aukey Car Charger QC 3.0 from aliexpress (yet to be delivered) and I am planning to buy one for home also (in addition to Motorola quick charger which is wonderful).
Old 26th May 2016, 22:09   #4729
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Which model? I bought a Aukey Car Charger QC 3.0 from aliexpress (yet to be delivered) and I am planning to buy one for home also (in addition to Motorola quick charger which is wonderful).
I bought this one:

http://www.amazon.in/Aukey-CC-S3-2-P...ilpage_o00_s00

The price went down till Rs.599. I didn't need Quick Charge as my Nexus supports Rapid charging and not QC.
Old 28th May 2016, 19:52   #4730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
If you're still looking forward to buy the Birds of Indian Subcontinent, try Google Play Books. It's available for Rs 86 now
Thank you very much, Klub Class!
Old 30th May 2016, 11:03   #4731
BHPian

Had a bad incident with ebay.in
Purchased a USB wifi adapter for my PC,
http://www.ebay.in/itm/TechByte-Mini...8AAOSwr41XILMb

Seller is paradeep.
I received the product, but the CD which i got with the package couldn't be read which contained the driver software for the product. Emailed the seller to provide a alternate CD, many days passed and no response from the seller. Finally raised a refund request through Ebay Guarentee, hoping to get my money back.

A day later got a phone call from IT dept. of Ebay stating to take this item to service center in Bangalore. I said this looks like a chinese make product and there is no such authorized service center for this product. To which he said he can't do much about this case as this is manufacturing defect and disconnected the call even before i say anything!
Hail ebay for such stupendous customer Guarantee you have put up on your website!

Ramki
Old 30th May 2016, 11:28   #4732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Had a bad incident with ebay.in
Purchased a USB wifi adapter for my PC,
http://www.ebay.in/itm/TechByte-Mini...8AAOSwr41XILMb

Hail ebay for such stupendous customer Guarantee you have put up on your website!

Ramki
Ebay is pathetic. Last time I placed an order for a camera lens, they took the money, but did not deliver the product by the delivery date. Repeated phone calls to the vendor elicited false assurances that they will ship later today. This continued for 3-4 days. Then EBay support stepped in and asked me to be patient for another couple of days while they ensure delivery. Gave me a fake tracking number. Called back after a few days since the courier company site wasnt showing the status of the fake tracking number, this time they finally agreed to give me a refund. Refund itself took about a week. All this running around for nothing.

Sworn to never buy from them ever. They really are on the path to winding up. Funnily enough heard enough horror stories from the sellers too.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:54   #4733
Senior - BHPian

Bad experience with pepperfry.
I bought wooden entertainment unit from pepperfry. This was my second purchase on pepperfry. While the part got delivered before estimated date, one of the draws was broken. The delivery person made me accept the delivery stating that draw will be replaced. He took photos of the same and i made a note in the deliver letter of the damage. I also emailed pepperfry with photos of the damage immediately after taking delivery. Till now there is no resolution other than emails from pepperfry. So guys please be careful with delivery guys who pass on damaged goods. I will stay away from pepperfry for now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20160523_121045.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-screen-shot-20160531-11.52.24-am.png  

Old 31st May 2016, 20:19   #4734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Bad experience with pepperfry.
I bought wooden entertainment unit from pepperfry. This was my second purchase on pepperfry. While the part got delivered before estimated date, one of the draws was broken. The delivery person made me accept the delivery stating that draw will be replaced. He took photos of the same and i made a note in the deliver letter of the damage. I also emailed pepperfry with photos of the damage immediately after taking delivery. Till now there is no resolution other than emails from pepperfry. So guys please be careful with delivery guys who pass on damaged goods. I will stay away from pepperfry for now.
Did you pay by credit card? If so, immediately dispute the payment with your card provider with all evidences. They will arbitrate on your behalf. I have done this twice in my favor.
Old 1st June 2016, 09:47   #4735
Senior - BHPian

All i get is following mails from pepperfry. They have asked me to consider this as an "exception". Don't know whether that means this issue won't be solved and just swallow the loss. There is no indication of resolution other than 'sending mail to relevant team'. Have heard those jokes many times now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-screen-shot-20160601-9.44.29-am.png  

Old 1st June 2016, 10:15   #4736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
All i get is following mails from pepperfry. They have asked me to consider this as an "exception". Don't know whether that means this issue won't be solved and just swallow the loss. There is no indication of resolution other than 'sending mail to relevant team'. Have heard those jokes many times now.
Tweet about it to pepperfry, these emails are standard templates and will not take you anywhere. I must have been plain lucky with these guys coz all my 5 orders were delivered much before the expected date of delivery and no damages what so ever.
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:48   #4737
BHPian

My Experience - Flipkart's return policy

Guys,
As the title suggest, I am writing this to share my experience related to the return process of Flipkart. I have been doing business with Flipkart since March 2014 and till now, I did not had to return any product. Thus the journey was smooth and hassle free until now.

During the last week of May, I was into the market looking for a RO water purifier. As usual, I browsed many products on Flipkart, Amazon, and local market to finalize my deal.

I selected a product from Flipkart and ordered it for INR 12,000 which was delivered on time. While going through the specifications on the box ( not-yet-opened), I realized that the product does not contain "UV" purification system. I was not much worried as I thought that I would return the product (sealed condition) and then order another product with "UV".

I agree that it was my mistake to not see the specification's fine print and assumed that all water purifiers are "UV" based.

Thus, with the intention of return, I logged on Flipkart and navigated to the return page.

I selected the following honest option:

Quote:
  • Reason for return: Item no longer wanted
  • Issue with the item: Ordered by mistake
Name:  ret_1.PNG
Views: 1841
Size:  7.3 KB
As you can see, the following options are provided by Flipkart itself!

I then wait for the call from Flipkart executive, only to hear that the return is rejected. The reason stated was:
Quote:
As it was my mistake to order and there is no issue with the product, thus no return in such cases.
As anyone would, I was disappointed to see the response. I then call Flipkart to understand the reason of rejection, and why they have an option to return with a reason "Ordered by Mistake".

All they could say was that this type of return is not honored and the option is provided just to collect the data!

Sometime later, I visit my local electronic store and ask them to give me a "UV" RO in return of my non-UV RO and the delta cash.
After a long discussion and a net loss of INR 1000, the deal was done. I was happy with the deal.

In the mean time, I asked the dealer about the price of mine non-UV based RO, to which he quoted less than Flipkart!

I now had one more reason to return the product!

Thus this time, I selected the following reason to return:
Quote:
  • Reason for return: Item no longer wanted
  • Issue with the item: Available at lower price
Name:  ret_2.PNG
Views: 1824
Size:  7.3 KB
I get another call (which I recorded) from Flipkart and the executive tells me that this return is also rejected as we do not match the market price.

He goes on saying that price for a product may vary in a day; thus this is not a genuine reason to return!

I ask him that I have not made up this (and previous) reason to return. You have provided these options in your website in drop down. If you guys don't honor such returns, then please remove those options.

He then forwards my call to his senior and he also says the same thing. We have a long chat and then, at last, he accepts that - "Sir these options are for data collection purpose only"!

Now, I am not able to trust Flipkart as they have purposely added options to trap the customers! This pi$$es me off!

I got my replacement from outside, thus the wrong product is no more a concern to me!
However, I question the ethical behavior of Flipkart's policies. Why give such options, which are not honored!

Also, I think that I had been a very good customer of Flipkart (and also part of some paid membership) with good purchases and no returns ever; thus they could have simply replaced/returned my product as good-will!

So guys, please thread cautiously over Flipkart's return policy. I can share the audio recording, if it is at all required and is within our forum rules.

Some stats related to my past orders:
May 2016 - ~ INR 72,000/-
March 2016- ~ INR 20,000/-
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:08   #4738
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Experience - Flipkart's return policy

Thank you Anuj for taking the trouble of sharing your bad experience with Flipkart! Glad your issue is sorted out, even if it is with an additional loss of a thousand bucks.

If possible you should also contact local newspapers and try to get your experience to a much wider audience. This will serve Flipkart right!

Also, this is an eye-opener to all of us to read the fine print carefully everywhere and beware of Flipkart especially.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:14   #4739
BHPian

Flipkart is not the same it used to be about an year ago, maybe the success has gone into their head. You have to be very aggressive while talking to them.

I had to return 2 products I recently bought from them because they hadn't mentioned the specifications properly. They refused in the first place, but I wrote some nasty posts on their FB page, copied the same message and posted to Sachin Bansal. After that, I got the call in less than 20mins, the product was pickedup in about 2hours and got the refund in about 5hours.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:25   #4740
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry but if you have made the mistake of ordering a product you don't want and have just blindly walked into a deal assuming it is the best out there (no such guarantee of lowest price on their website), then I don't believe you have to be pissed of at Flipkart. Sorry to say, but you have only yourself to blame. "Data collection" is a valid reason to add quick options since it would make things easier on their end to determine whether or not the product warrants return.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks