Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 19:47   #4801
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I've a couple of questions here regarding exchanging mobile devices.

1. Looks like Flipkart no longer accepts Apple devices as exchange (Apple has been removed from the list). Should I wait for them to include it again? Tried contacting Flipkart customer service but they were of ZERO help.

2. Has anyone tried Amazon exchange/buyback?
Old 7th June 2016, 22:50   #4802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
1. Looks like Flipkart no longer accepts Apple devices as exchange (Apple has been removed from the list). Should I wait for them to include it again? Tried contacting Flipkart customer service but they were of ZERO help.
Do they offer reasonable price? I am under the impression that selling on Quikr/Olx is better than exchanging at big retailer.

When we upgraded our fridge, two big B&M retailers offered only about Rs. 2500 reduction in the price of the new one in exchange for the old. Whereas when I put it up on Quikr, I could sell it for Rs. 8000.
Old 8th June 2016, 03:50   #4803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Do they offer reasonable price? I am under the impression that selling on Quikr/Olx is better than exchanging at big retailer.

When we upgraded our fridge, two big B&M retailers offered only about Rs. 2500 reduction in the price of the new one in exchange for the old. Whereas when I put it up on Quikr, I could sell it for Rs. 8000.
I have never tried Olx/Quikr. May be I should check them out. Flipkart was offering 11K for my iPhone 5S Gold (a year old) and Amazon buyback is offering about 12-13K. I thought that is a good deal keeping in mind the current iPhone 5S prices.
Old 8th June 2016, 11:10   #4804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Another flipkart return fail here.

Ordered a phone last week, which turned out defective. It was purchased under an exchange scheme and balance payment was only about Rs.2000. Flipkart picked up the faulty phone just a day back but has refunded the exchange amount in the wallet!

Been trying to contact them to get it back to my bank but unsuccessful so far. Tweeting only gets a call or two but nothing happening. What should we do next, don't want to keep that money blocked in FK. Pretty sure, I won't be buying anything from them in the future.
Finally got the exchange amount credited to the bank. After a lot of hassle. Definitely not a smooth experience. But at least I got the money back. Now with Amazon also withdrawing the money back thing, buying high value items online will definitely reduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
This is news to me. Have they made these changes in their return policy?
Yes, you can read up their policy - https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custom...deId=201149900

Quote:
Finally got the exchange amount credited to the bank. After a lot of hassle. Definitely not a smooth experience. But at least I got the money back. Now with Amazon also withdrawing the money back thing, buying high value items online will definitely reduce.

Yes, you can read up their policy - https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custom...deId=201149900

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I have never tried Olx/Quikr. May be I should check them out. Flipkart was offering 11K for my iPhone 5S Gold (a year old) and Amazon buyback is offering about 12-13K. I thought that is a good deal keeping in mind the current iPhone 5S prices.
You could try ReGlobe. They are the exchange partners for most of the sites. I usually prefer to sell the gadgets to them instead of putting them up on Olx/Quickr.

Last edited by Zappo : 8th June 2016 at 12:39. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the edit button to add to your posted reply.
Old 8th June 2016, 13:32   #4805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could try ReGlobe. They are the exchange partners for most of the sites. I usually prefer to sell the gadgets to them instead of putting them up on Olx/Quickr.
Agreed. ReGlobe is much better, no need to answer calls from multiple buyers (Like in OLX/Quickr). You give the details on the website, they give the price and arrange for a pickup. The guy coming to collect the phone takes about 5 mins to check things out, gives cash and thats it.

Find it really simple, fast and elegant. Prices offered may be a iffy, maybe i could have got 200/300 INR more on mid range mobile phone, thats the price i pay for making things hassle free.

EDIT - Have used ReGlobe to sell 3 mobile handsets
Old 8th June 2016, 14:02   #4806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

I was recently ordering some HP ink from amazon. First one I ordered was completely the wrong spec, my mistake. It was returned as it came, picked up by amazon.
Second time, I ordered a "replacement" 802. When I put it in my printer, it gave a pop-up saying "Older generation cartridge".
This is a recognized idiocy from HP, forcing people to buy new ink from them, and not go for old discounted units, or refills, or just planned obsolescence etc.
now, the seller had mentioned it works on my model. But it does not. and the box is opened now. I have put in a refund request. What do you think will happen now?
Old 8th June 2016, 18:25   #4807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I was recently ordering some HP ink from amazon. First one I ordered was completely the wrong spec, my mistake. It was returned as it came, picked up by amazon.
Second time, I ordered a "replacement" 802. When I put it in my printer, it gave a pop-up saying "Older generation cartridge".
This is a recognized idiocy from HP, forcing people to buy new ink from them, and not go for old discounted units, or refills, or just planned obsolescence etc.
now, the seller had mentioned it works on my model. But it does not. and the box is opened now. I have put in a refund request. What do you think will happen now?
Take a screenshot of the 'compatibility' piece where your printer model is mentioned, take a pic of your printer and raise a refund request. If they object, counter with the claim on the site by sending a mail with the proofs.
Old 19th June 2016, 22:15   #4808
BHPian

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/s/ref=sr_...qid=1466354599
Maybe of interest to all the car detailing enthusiasts here.
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:32   #4809
BHPian

After shopping for years online, I got conned by www.naturebreed.com
Nature Breed
Encube
1095, Sukrawarpet, Opp to Indian Bank,
Pattunoolkar Lane,
Coimbatore - 641001
Tamil Nadu
India
I had placed order on 12 June for cosmetic items and there is no response,
This is a Coimbatore based site looks fake, Support 24/7 Contact number +91 9790150505 in name of Nikki Is always switched off.
Always visit the facebook page or chech if COD is available else its a risk thats what I have learnt,
Incidently I got a mail from them in 2 days with a discount code for another order if ordered in a week,
Now what are the legal options in this case?
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:47   #4810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Why create an unnecessary project?

Download the oldest drivers for the printer that you can find. Then try the cartridge.

HP is outright evil in how it seeks to squeeze the last penny from you. Post 2014 most of their drivers are trash - their only upgrade has been such planned obsolescence.
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:51   #4811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Why create an unnecessary project?

Download the oldest drivers for the printer that you can find. Then try the cartridge.

HP is outright evil in how it seeks to squeeze the last penny from you. Post 2014 most of their drivers are trash - their only upgrade has been such planned obsolescence.
I tried that. it still didn't work. I checked online and there seems to be some sort of failsafe against something like this built into the printer. The workaround involves opening up the printer, and doing some James Bondery with shorting and soldering. I'll just junk the printer.
Any suggestions on a brand which will keep printing rather than try and become skynet?
Old 6th July 2016, 18:16   #4812
BHPian

Personally, I have had a very bad experience with jazzmyride.com, they literally take more than 10 days to deliver. Add to that their thin list of available parts (especially after you filter it out based on your car model), and it does not look like a good deal. Interestingly, they are one of the lead sellers of such parts on amazon.in, but you can never find the same parts listed on their website.

PS : I own a Hyundai i20 which would count as a pretty common car!
Old 7th July 2016, 07:09   #4813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
Nature Breed
Encube
1095, Sukrawarpet, Opp to Indian Bank,
Pattunoolkar Lane,
Coimbatore - 641001
Tamil Nadu
India
Now what are the legal options in this case?
Of you paid by credit card or a payment wallet you can request a reversal.
If you know anyone in Coimbatore you can request them to check the address.
Google them to see if there are any similar complaints.
Also look at their domain name contact details. Sometimes complaining to the domain name registrar about fraud can be helpful.
Old 7th July 2016, 09:05   #4814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
www.naturebreed.com

I had placed order on 12 June for cosmetic items and there is no response,
This is a Coimbatore based site looks fake, Support 24/7 Contact number +91 9790150505 in name of Nikki Is always switched off.
Poor you. You should research the vendor before placing an order. In this case you can (in increasing order of effort, satisfaction and impact):

(a) move on, after learning the lesson,
(b) file for a chargeback from your credit card issuing bank, or
(c) get cyber police involved.

The site's whois info says it is owned by a Nikith Jain, who is probably the same Niki that Truecaller shows for the number.
Old 7th July 2016, 09:32   #4815
BHPian

Quote:
In addition to what @binand has suggested, you also have the option of contacting their payment gateway. There are only a few of these in India -- EBS, PayU, CCAvenue -- and while I do not have any experience reversing any charges through them, they do take fraud very seriously. In fact, PayU has an escrow mechanism for less trustworthy sites which requires a cooling-off period or customer input before releasing funds to the merchant. Payment gateways have a lot of leverage with the merchant unlike your bank as they can simply put a hold on all funds due to that merchant until your issue is resolved.

These days with OTP and PIN, banks do not have any liability for merchant fraud and they are usually not bothered since the actual act of charging your card was not fraudulent. However if your bank doesn't respond, you can always take it up with the RBI ombudsman.

If the website is fraudulent, try and fight tooth and nail as it will also help others.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks