Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 18:53   #4876
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
"Customer not available" is Amazon's standard BS response when they cannot complete all their deliveries on a given day.
Not just Amazon's; it is standard operating practice. Amazon at least refunds the delivery cost (if you have paid for expedited delivery), Flipkart doesn't even do that.

Though I am yet to see this behaviour with ATS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Mind you this is an office address and Amazon is expecting people to be present at 9AM at office.
Oh the sacrilege! :-)
Old 9th August 2016, 18:57   #4877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Status showed item out for delivery... item could not be delivered since the customer was not available...
I have experienced this multiple times when item is shipped via Gati on behalf of Amazon Transport. I live in a extreme suburb where the closest Gati office is about 16-17 kms. I thought they are deliberately doing this so that Amazon pays them for delivery, as customer not at home, means I was at fault, not Gati. This was with prepaid orders (not COD) with value over thousand rupees. I canceled the order on all occasions. Amazon had no choice but to refund me the money. Now, if I see they have shipped via Gati- I immediately cancel the order. Never experienced this with any other courier.

-BJ
Old 9th August 2016, 19:01   #4878
BANNED

Quote:
Looks like Amazon delivery is going crazy.
Absolutely crazy they are behaving now a days. I have stopped shopping from Snapdeal and Flipkart totally.

Find Amazon to be better off compared to these guys but off late I am also facing the same trouble of "Customer not available at address".

Name:  ForumRunner_20160809_185546.png
Views: 1268
Size:  102.9 KB

Screenshot of my orders page. Same product, same address, Same COD option chosen, 26 calls to customer care but no use. It returned after 4 days. Taking data days 3 delivery attempts done which is pure BS as I never got a call not did anyone apart at home to check.

The customer care centre says, we will assure same day delivery but the delivery agent (ATS guy) says "we have so many couriers to deliver. Everyone wants fast delivery how do I run around the city finding all addresses. If you want it urgently go to shop and buy pick it up yourself from some store.". I was fuming hearing his reply, felt like giving him an awful bit let him go.

Same is the treatment by Blue dart guys. They are the worst of the lot.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th August 2016 at 19:03.
Old 9th August 2016, 19:24   #4879
Senior - BHPian

Got an idea how widespread is this problem.i don't have any problem in waiting for the courier in low priority items such as these.But blaming customers for their logistics problems is not acceptable. I am talking here about a delivery hot spot like EPIP area. All retailers have sorting centers and warehouses here. I understand COD customers are treated shabbily more often than others. They have different delivery teams for COD and prepaid items atleast in this area. In my office, COD customers need to walk over to their van parked on the road to collect the items, but prepaid items are delivered at the doorstep or reception area. Not sure this is a general practice.

In short the online shopping craze is waning, and you can see the shopping crowd back in brick and mortar stores. I could notice this when I got my Galaxy S7 from nearby store not wanting to take any risk.

Last edited by poloman : 9th August 2016 at 19:26.
Old 9th August 2016, 19:29   #4880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
"If you want it urgently go to shop and buy pick it up yourself from some store.". I was fuming hearing his reply, felt like giving him an awful bit let him go.
I think you misunderstood his response. Amazon has a delivery option where the delivery is made to a well-known shop in a neighbourhood; the actual buyer can then pick it up from the shop. I have never tried this because there aren't any convenient ones near my home (nearest are Kodihalli/Vibhutipura), but it sounds like a good idea to me.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custom...deId=201338060
Old 9th August 2016, 19:44   #4881
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I think you misunderstood his response. Amazon has a delivery option where the delivery is made to a well-known shop in a neighbourhood
I didn't misunderstand his response but was shocked actually as he meant to search and buy from some other online store.

I have placed an order again for the same item to be delivered at a friendly neighborhood store where up pick it up in a day or two.
Old 9th August 2016, 19:47   #4882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Absolutely crazy they are behaving now a days. I have stopped shopping from Snapdeal and Flipkart totally.

Find Amazon to be better off compared to these guys but off late I am also facing the same trouble of "Customer not available at address".

Attachment 1540099
I find Flipkart delivery to be the best of the trio with their own courier infrastructure. Whenever the item is out for delivery, the message also mentions the mobile number of the delivery person.

If everything fails, the delivery/sorting hub is a 2 minute drive from house. Amazon and snapdeal use a multitude of couriers and so picking them up is not an option.

Another plus is that items sold by WS Retail on Flipkart is genuine 100% of the time. With Amazon, its just a big question mark on the sellers reputation and return policies.
Old 9th August 2016, 21:58   #4883
BHPian

Amazon typically use India Post. Sometimes the postman do not delivery because he moves on a bicycle, not motorcycle. So we have to pick up from the post office.
Old 9th August 2016, 23:04   #4884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Amazon typically use India Post. Sometimes the postman do not delivery because he moves on a bicycle, not motorcycle. So we have to pick up from the post office.
Exactly my problem. For this reason, I have stopped shopping from Amazon completely. This was especially after I ordered a set of curtains for my living room but the seller shipped very ordinary looking curtains quite different from what was displayed on the site. I put up a return request but they wanted me to ship back through India post; which meant that I pack the item, take it to a post office and speed post it. So much for online shopping convenience. I gave the curtains away to someone and decided that it was my last order to Amazon.

Regards.
Old 9th August 2016, 23:09   #4885
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Amazon delivery is going crazy.
Push them (a lot) on the customer service call. You can get some vouchers in exchange. Happened with me and I got gift vouchers
Old 10th August 2016, 08:03   #4886
Senior - BHPian

The past couple of days ordering on Amazon has been a hair raising and tearing experience. Every time I ordered multiple items (>5 items), the order would not be placed at all. After 30 mins I used to receive an e-mail saying that order payment was not proceeded due to extreme traffic on the portal. I had to re -enter the payment details and then the order would be placed. Looks like they became too ambitious without having any infrastructure in place to cater to the expected demand.

Payments was one headache, now delivery receipt will be another. Fingers crossed that items ordered will be delivered.
Old 11th August 2016, 07:41   #4887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I have experienced this multiple times when item is shipped via Gati on behalf of Amazon Transport.
-BJ
I can second this. I've seen this behaviour whenever it's GATI.

There's another popular online shop for gym equipment which used the same to deliver some barbell plates. I had paid the extra handling charges for this and yet the delivery agent was asking for more after delivery.
Old 11th August 2016, 14:18   #4888
Distinguished - BHPian

I am facing this cheating by Flipkart. I see iPhone 6s 64GB at 56999 being sold by WSRetail along with a bunch of offers and exchange. However, once I login and refresh, the item is shown out of stock. It happened twice from yesterday. How can they play such dirty tricks with customers? After login, I see that I am forced to buy from a Hyderabad seller BTPHYD or something who has got pathetic reviews.

Can anyone check the same?
Old 11th August 2016, 14:25   #4889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Was able to add to cart and then login. No change - see pic.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg  

Old 11th August 2016, 20:09   #4890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am facing this cheating by Flipkart. I see iPhone 6s 64GB at 56999 being sold by WSRetail along with a bunch of offers and exchange. However, once I login and refresh, the item is shown out of stock. It happened twice from yesterday. How can they play such dirty tricks with customers? After login, I see that I am forced to buy from a Hyderabad seller BTPHYD or something who has got pathetic reviews.

That item might not be eligible for shipping to your location.

Most Viewed