Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 13:31   #4921
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
So let me get this right, Amazon.in has 2 classifications of retailers, one called "Amazon fulfilled" and the "non-Amazon fulfilled", and both these classifications are made by the company themselves.
That is strictly not correct; it is the retailers themselves who choose to be an Amazon-fulfilled one or not. The former has certain qualifying criteria to be met, places certain obligations on the retailer and has higher working capital requirements; but on the plus side they have the expectation of more orders due to the trust buyers have on Amazon-fulfilled products.

Quote:
The company chose to also keep "unfulfilled" fly-by-night con-artists as retailers who are responsible for the dissatisfactory deliveries, wrong deliveries and inflated pricing and YET, the company so masterfully convinces people of its helplessness as one didn't choose their "fulfilled" retailer whatever that means. I really want a debate with Jeff Bezos and by the time I'm done his company will have more holes than Swiss cheese.
This is also oversimplifying. They cannot by default assume that every retailer is a con artist. They kick retailers out once negative feedback starts coming in. The Amazon platform has defined positive and negative feedback thresholds. This feedback mechanism is an SOP in the online marketplace model - some companies do it horribly; some take it very seriously.

As for your comment on Jeff Bezos: I'll look forward to it; but I suspect someone who grew a company from nothing to be the largest retail store in the world (or second largest, depending on who you listen to) might also have decent protection from being blown up like this. After all, he'll lose what, $70 billion if his company were to go down, won't he?

Quote:
is ANY employee of Amazon, an MBA graduate or do they just freestyle and improvise on the fly?
Personally, I think the presence of MBAs is totally unnecessary to devise a business strategy and execute it. In the specific context of Amazon, you might want to read this: http://qz.com/636539/amazon-is-hirin...-really-close/

Last edited by binand : 26th August 2016 at 13:36.
Old 31st August 2016, 01:16   #4922
Senior - BHPian

lol My PayTM tracking details show I'm buying stuff from Antariksh / outer-space! No Kidding, look!

The Online Shopping Thread-14117822_10206352295435463_1179743933101432689_n.jpg

( Link : http://www.bluedart.com/servlet/Rout...rs=57900922774 )

Btw, I purchased (Amron Quanta) UPS Batteries from Amazon from a non-Amazon-fulfilled seller. Good experience & Great Price!
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:58   #4923
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone used Cashify (http://www.cashify.in/) to sell stuff. They seem to have tie up with sites like Amazon also.
Old 2nd September 2016, 21:13   #4924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Has anyone used Cashify (http://www.cashify.in/) to sell stuff. They seem to have tie up with sites like Amazon also.
Reglobe has changed its name as Cashify. I have used Reglobe to sell my Xperia M and price quoted was 1400 in the online and when the executive came home to collect the phone he checked and reduced the price to 1200 and finally settled at 1300.

I feel we may actually fetch a better price outside or selling on OLX, but if you don't want to wait or take so much effort then you can go for Cashify, since you will get immediate cash.

Many a times even the Flipkart exchange value was more than the Cashify quote.

Edit: One main difference between Flipkart exchange and selling on Cashify is that FK only asks for a working condition mobile with unbroken screen, but Cashify asks for bill, box and everything came with the box, otherwise they will reduce the price accordingly. While selling Xperia M I did not wanted to give my ear plugs and the quote reduced by 100 Rs.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 2nd September 2016 at 21:20.
Old 5th September 2016, 14:32   #4925
Distinguished - BHPian

I am at a loss to understand Zomato's business model. Used their service for the first time yesterday. They don't charge anything to deliver the food at your place? So how do they make money? On top of it got 15% cashback on paying through PayTM.

I honestly felt as if this a modern day version of Robinhood where these start ups are taking money away from the rich ( their investors) and distributing it to us ( the poor people ).
Old 5th September 2016, 14:42   #4926
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am at a loss to understand Zomato's business model. Used their service for the first time yesterday. They don't charge anything to deliver the food at your place? So how do they make money? On top of it got 15% cashback on paying through PayTM.
From a Zomato employee:

Quote:
The current revenue streams and some exciting new products are :

Advertisements / Banner Ads - Advertise on Zomato
Zomato for Business App
Zomato Base - POS system
Zomato Book - Table and Reservation management
Zomato Order - Online Ordering
Zomato Whitelabel - Custom Apps for Restaurants
Quora
Old 5th September 2016, 14:50   #4927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I used it to sell an old laptop. Very happy with the service provided. Price displayed was the price paid with no questions asked.

I also found the prices fairly accurate as the second hand market plus minus a couple of hundred bucks for mobiles as well.
Old 8th September 2016, 10:44   #4928
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone recently imported stuff worth around 75$ through indiapost? I ordered a DRL kit worth 75$ from aliexpress and it was shipped through Malaysia post. Now it has landed in Mumbai and customs sent it to CED bangalore. Can I expect it to be cleared or should I have to pay duty? If yes then has anyone done this before?
Old 8th September 2016, 14:51   #4929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Has anyone recently imported stuff worth around 75$ through indiapost? I ordered a DRL kit worth 75$ from aliexpress and it was shipped through Malaysia post. Now it has landed in Mumbai and customs sent it to CED bangalore. Can I expect it to be cleared or should I have to pay duty? If yes then has anyone done this before?
Should be cleared without custom duty if under 10k.
Old 8th September 2016, 14:59   #4930
BHPian

Recently brought a 'Bluetooth Media Button' from aliexpress. I have attached it to my steering and now i have 'steering mounted' controls (at least to control the media play when played through my phone) 'enabled' in my car
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20160908_092705.jpg  

Old 8th September 2016, 15:57   #4931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Recently brought a 'Bluetooth Media Button' from aliexpress. I have attached it to my steering and now i have 'steering mounted' controls (at least to control the media play when played through my phone) 'enabled' in my car
Can you please share the link for the product in AliExpress? I'm looking for a similar product to control the Kenwood HU in my Ritz.
I see that you have mentioned about being able to control media playback through phone. Can't it directly control the playback through HU?
Old 8th September 2016, 16:26   #4932
BHPian

This is the one I brought. As you can see this works on bluetooth and my HU is basic one without BT interface. But if your HU has BT interface, then it should work.
Old 8th September 2016, 16:30   #4933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
This is the one I brought. As you can see this works on bluetooth and my HU is basic one without BT interface. But if your HU has BT interface, then it should work.
OK, now I get it! My HU has BT support for voice calls and can stream audio from handset to HU. Will this product work with my HU?
Streaming audio from handset to HU via BT is one thing, and changing tracks in the HU via BT is another! So I'm a bit confused here.
Old 8th September 2016, 16:42   #4934
BHPian

My woes continue and worsen. I pulled out my Yamaha AVR and took it to the hall to test with another tv, my 46 Sony LCD. It had the same video output issue with dropping video and coming back. Tested for about 10 mins and then turned it off. About 3 hours later my Sony tv now started going all red. Looks like the Yamaha affected this tv too :(
The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1473333051.972733.jpg
I spoke to the Yamaha authorized service center and he said the mother board needs replacing and will try for component repair. He replaced the mother board for a RX-A3080 last month and that board costed 27k.
Now I got to get my Sony TV fixed in addition to the Yamaha AVR.
Old 9th September 2016, 15:05   #4935
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking of buying a HP50g calculator.

Amazon.in has it for Rs. 8305/- whereas Amazon.com has it for $64.00/- (Rs.4264/-). That's roughly half.

http://www.amazon.in/HP-HP50G-50g-Gr...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=APGECR4R4X80Q

Has anyone tried buying from Amazon.com. Any issues with shipping, customs etc?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks