Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2017, 22:59   #5416
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Amazon sent a T-shirt and a book in a box which can hold 10 T-Shirts and 20 books !!
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-img_20170523_220142708.jpg  

Old 24th May 2017, 00:52   #5417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Amazon sent a T-shirt and a book in a box which can hold 10 T-Shirts and 20 books !!

This reminds me of taking delivery of a Unix server in about 1988. There were two, same-size, huge boxes. One contained the machine, which was about twice the size of a modern "tower" PC, and the other contained... the manual.

OK. In about twelve volumes. It filled a bookshelf. But the whole lot still occupied a tiny amount of that box!
Old 24th May 2017, 08:02   #5418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Two years back I received my MacBook Air from Amazon in a carton which could be still plonked with three to four packed MacBooks. But then I don't see that as an issues since the remaining space was completely filled with bubble covers, a professional packaging I would say.
So not surprised here!
Cheers!
Old 24th May 2017, 08:26   #5419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
However, the biggest disappointment followed:

Avoid purchasing from Greenz Car Care.
I'm
Greenz usually send in excellent environment friendly packaging is what I know. Did you get in touch with Greenz after that? What was their response?

Reason to ask is I'm planning for a car shampoo & water spot remover & your post leaves me perplexed.
Old 24th May 2017, 08:48   #5420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I'm
Greenz usually send in excellent environment friendly packaging is what I know. Did you get in touch with Greenz after that? What was their response?

Reason to ask is I'm planning for a car shampoo & water spot remover & your post leaves me perplexed.
As I told earlier, I had mailed the pictures to them and after that, the calls were not answered. But later in the evening after the post, I got a call back from the owner. He apologized for the same, and gave a pretty long explanation of what, how, when and so on. I have partly detailed it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4201994

Today, I got a call from the owner again mentioning that the product has been shipped. When I checked my mail I saw that the shipping details were updated an hour back. Hence, I should receive the replacement product tomorrow mostly, since its shipped from Bangalore itself. On that front, I am satisfied by the resolution and offer to send a replacement. However, on their operations front, they have to work upon a few things, which I told them clearly. Though some excuses were given to me, I dont want to judge whether the excuses were genuine or not since I dont have any proof of what was happening at their end.

From BlueDart's end, I got a call yesterday asking if this incident happened and description of the damage. According to the seller, Bluedart is responsible for packing and warehousing and they were to be accountable.

As a closing note, since my issue was resolved, I would have a neutral stand on them. Maybe if I order from them again and that works out well, I will give a positive reco. Maybe you should try and go ahead with the order.
Old 24th May 2017, 09:06   #5421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
As I told earlier...Maybe if I order from them again and that works out well, I will give a positive reco. Maybe you should try and go ahead with the order.
Thanks. Yes, I've a positive feeling with Greenz after hearing from you completely. Just like what Amazon & eBay does, Greenz has done when the damage has occurred. If it happens to me, I would wait a week (and have done so in past with eBay as well) before arriving at a conclusion.

Hopefully I don't have to get into that situation or get even 0.1% damaged product
Old 24th May 2017, 18:05   #5422
Distinguished - BHPian

I had ordered a chemical guys final finishing polish from Amazon International store just to see how the whole thing works. I had ordered the item on May 15 abs received it today. It was shipped through aramex and costed me 900 in all including customs duty. The packaging was not so protective but the product arrived in intact condition. It was shipped from San Francisco.

The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1495629273.472672.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1495629311.218920.jpg
Old 24th May 2017, 22:43   #5423
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone has heard of or used https://www.lightinthebox.com ?
Old 25th May 2017, 17:50   #5424
BHPian

I feel some sellers on Amazon are fooling us on the shipment tracking status.

I ordered an item from Amazon small kind of a toy.
When ordering it shows 4-6 days shipping.

Placed the order on the 22nd May. Shipping was from Mumbai to Bangalore
The moment you order it shows the PKG has been shipped , but if you track the shipping status
22nd shipped
23rd arrived at courier facility Andheri Mumbai
24th arrived at courier facility BHIWANDI, MH
25th no status at all
And now it shows Estimated arrival date between 2nd and 6th Jun

i.e. 15 days.
The only reason I did not cancel the order is because I already made full payment and I am sure it will take 15 - 20 days for the refund.

Also though I am on Amazon Prime, shipping was charged.

How do you report such sellers ?
I wrote to the seller asking why is the shipment taking so long, but no reply.
Old 25th May 2017, 18:30   #5425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I feel some sellers on Amazon are fooling us on the shipment tracking status.

Quite possible. If you ship a lot of items you get access to the ERP system of the courier company; which means you can issue yourself an AWB number as soon as you receive the destination address (which is part of the order anyway). And once you have the AWB you upload it to Amazon to say the product has been shipped.

Not all products on Amazon are available on prime; when you search for products you can exclude the ones that aren't (the option is available on the left filtering panel).
Old 25th May 2017, 19:15   #5426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a Fulfilled By Amazon order?

If it isn't I don't expect it to be covered by your Amazon Prime Subscription.
Old 25th May 2017, 20:47   #5427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not all products on Amazon are available on prime; when you search for products you can exclude the ones that aren't (the option is available on the left filtering panel).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Is this a Fulfilled By Amazon order?

If it isn't I don't expect it to be covered by your Amazon Prime Subscription.
The Ad is quite confusing , it does have the Prime Logo and says free shipping, + it also says Fulfilled by Amazon.

However if you check the Amazon guideline it says, if its fulfilled by amazon it would have a specific logo, this logo is not present.

So looks like the seller just put these updates for the heck of it.
Name:  tbh_Amz.png
Views: 668
Size:  45.7 KB

- Shipping was charged extra irrespective of the Prime membership
- The 2-4 business days was conveniently moved to 15 days.
I can understand if it was a remote location, but this is Mumbai to Bangalore.

The problem is it is not easy to reach Amazon Support. Everywhere they just have documentation on likely issues you are facing.
(or at least i could not find any direct customer care number / ticket logging link . Only cancellation is easy)

EDIT :
Found the customer care number 1800 3000 9009
Problem resolved. They suggested cancel the order and place a fresh order with Prime + 2-4 day shipping.

Last edited by Fillmore : 25th May 2017 at 21:05.
Old 25th May 2017, 21:39   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Shipping was charged extra irrespective of the Prime membership
- The 2-4 business days was conveniently moved to 15 days.
Your screenshot clearly says free delivery and 2-4 days lead time. You definitely have cause for raising a complaint.

Quote:
The problem is it is not easy to reach Amazon Support.
Amazon's support link is at top of every page. Underneath the search bar, there are links for so-and-so's Amazon, Today's Deals etc. - the last one there is Customer Service.

From there they become downright diabolic. You scroll down to the bottom of the section "Browse Help Topics" where you have "Customer Service". Click on it and on the right-hand side among other things, there is a Contact Us button. Click again, and in the subsequent page select the order you are having trouble with. Then scroll down, and select from the dropdown what your issue is. Once you do that, another section magically appears where you have access to phone, email or online chat. I have tried both phone (they call you) and online chat; both are staffed with some genuinely helpful people.
Old 25th May 2017, 21:49   #5429
Senior - BHPian

I have had a mixed experience with Amazon Prime membership.

I live in a somewhat developing urban area, and almost always (70-80% of the time) - the one day delivery guarantee is not honoured. The item reaches me on 3rd or at worse 4th day only. The courier status always revolves around - Package delayed due to arrival at wrong facility - or something on those lines.

On the positive side though - Amazon has been very good and understanding with regards to returns and refunds.

Take this - I ordered a Redme 4a in flash sale few weeks back. The courier package showed the delivery status as "Delivered". Even though i did not receive anything. On calling the customer care they took 1 day to resolve the issue and refund me my money back. Although from their side its still not clear what happened to that package. Was it a status mistake or the courier guy ran away with the phone himself.

I also love the Amazon prime membership for the benefit of Amazon Prime video membership. So much so, i bought a new 43 inch LED TV from Amazon (Panasonic TH-43D350DX) during the big days sale for 28k and also an Amazon Fire Stick device, and enjoying every moment of watching Amazon Prime videos and other apps on my non smart to Super Smart TV.
Old 25th May 2017, 21:59   #5430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I also love the Amazon prime membership for the benefit of Amazon Prime video membership.
Ditto. I have both Netflix and Prime Video; together (and along with Youtube and Play Movies) I have become an almost cord-cutter - I still have Tata Sky around since my f-i-l loves his vernacular channels and gets restless when they are not available.

The problem is that they have chosen not to support Chromecast. And I have no spare HDMI port available on my TV for a Fire stick. :-(

Most Viewed